Grill | Pad Patter 5.6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 6, 2018.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Hey! Was looking for some fresh ideas for our upcoming family Luau...when I saw this I remembered this thread:
    Healthy Summer Snacks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oh wow!! Those look amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!

AJK likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I grill sort of... so I have the large George Foreman electric grill that is on a stand and everything. You can get 6 burgers on it no problem. I love it because I just plug it in, wait for it to warm up, and grill. It comes apart for clean up and I just put the grill part in the sink and scrub.

Grilled zuke and summer squash - slice lengthwise, brush with EVOO, and grill till done. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over all. I have also done eggplant this way.
    DSC_1494.jpg

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Whole onions and corn on the cob. Put lots of butter on them and wrap them in foil. YUMMMMM

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Our grill died at the end of last grilling season Replacing it is high on my to do list because our grilled meals are always my favorite!

I will try and remember to come back and share recipes but a few favorites are:
    - a foil packet that is basically a lowcountry boil. Soooooo good.
    - BBQ chicken drumsticks that I start on the stove and finish on the grill
    - shrimp skewers that we add to tacos or a salad
    - grill zucchini

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This thread made me incredibly hungry!

7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oooh, s'mores dip is really good grilled (but you can do it in your oven too).

8. craftytam

craftytam Active Member

I really miss using a charcoal grill... that gives the best flavor.
    My favorite marinade is called "Pretty Chicken"
    2/3 c olive oil
    2/3 c reduced-sodium soy sauce (I use regular soy sauce)
    1/4 c lemon juice
    2 Tbsp liquid smoke flavoring
    2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
    2 tsp ground black pepper
    2 tsp garlic powder
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I usually marinate extra for leftovers)

Mix everything together in a gallon (or larger) ziploc and let sit in the fridge for maximum 4 hours.

Then grill. Yum!!

9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Sadly, my dh is not the griller he thinks he is - so i rarely ask him to grill. He does hot dogs, hamburgers (and I get mine pulled off while they're still pink), and sausages he eats later for lunch. I'll make chicken in various kebabs and watch it once he gets the gas grill going. I do a lot of chicken greek style - garlic, lemon juice, evoo, oregano, salt and pepper. But here's one given to me by a 'canning camp' friend and it's close to the version from @craftytam.

Nancy's Asian Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts

5 LBS boneless skinless chicken breasts

Marinade:
    1 C veg. oil
    ¼ C sesame oil
    ¾ C soy sauce
    1/3 C minced garlic
    ¼ C minced ginger
    2/3 C minced cilantro
    5-6 green onions, thinly sliced
    1 tsp Black Pepper

Combine marinade in a container large enough to hold the chicken. Refrigerate 4+ hours. Overnight is fine.
    Remove chicken from marinade and grill over med. hot fire. Done when thermometer registers 160°.
    Note from Nancy: If only a small quantity of chicken is needed, you can divide chicken and marinade into freezer bags and freeze until needed. Chicken will be ready to cook as soon as thawed.
    Leftover cooked chicken makes a great sandwich either cold or reheated in the microwave. I like it heated with provolone, sliced chicken, tomato, lettuce and mayo.

Also makes a great Asian Salad. Chop the chicken, lay over greens, sprinkle with mandarin oranges, roasted sunflower kernels, rice noodles and a sweet sour dressing.