Give me a break | pad patter 5.21.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, May 21, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Give me a break! That's what I thought this morning when I was battling to get the girls off to school. And then the kit kat bar commercial jingle came to mind.

My girls are so ready for summer and frankly I need a break too. It's been a real struggle getting them out the door each morning for basically the last 2 months. We're on the countdown now, only 8 more times and then it's summer vacation... YAY!

How about you? Are you struggling to get your kids through the last few days of school? Or maybe you've got that silly song stuck in your head now and you're wishing I wouldn't have brought it up...hehe! Inquiring minds want to know, so lay it on me!

LoveItScrapIt and bbymks5 like this.
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Mmm kit kat! ;) We still have about 3 more weeks of school- so the kiddos aren't quite over it- but I think I am! ;) I'm so ready to have a few lazy days! lol!

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I have a Snickers bar in my desk right now!
    I am so done with the everyday scramble. It won't be much better in summer though. Last year my mom took care of them. This year they're in 4 different summer programs. At least there isn't homework. And both kids have completed all their stuff for scouts as of yesterday!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

We just need Crew to end. Seriously. My kid has no life. This sport sucks every last bit of life and time out of her. :(
    My Sr. is done too.
    Technically they have about 5 weeks left of school - but the last 2 weeks are Regents exams and they only go in for a test on one or two days. So really they have about 3 weeks left.

We.are.SO.ready.for.SUMMER!!!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

My daughter's last day is Thursday! She's definitely counting down the days!

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I broke my kids heart with school this morning! He's excited that the school kids are done Thursday. And I burst his bubble reminding him that we homeschool through the summer too. It's homeschool light, but he was disappointed anyway! So I had to remind him of all the times that he didn't have school when the others did.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm struggling with getting myself going these days. There is no tired like end of the year teacher tired!! Chance is done, too. We have 13 more school days...I think I can, I think I can....

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I kick'em in the butt.....ROFL!!!! No, they haven't been struggling lately. I think they're excited it's almost over so they're in that "happy" stage that they know it's just about done so might as well get it over with. :D

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Yes! My daughter has a science fair project due this week that I'm so ready to be done with!

Not counting today, she has 8 more days of school. I'm not looking forward to our childcare fees doubling for the next couple of months but I'm hoping her being at the babysitter's will help my son with going there, too. He has been there since February but has been crying as I drop him off every day for the last 2 weeks.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

I'm so there with ya. I don't wanna get up myself, let alone fight kids to get up. Megan does get up, but she doesn't want to get ready for school and begs to stay home. Aspen doesn't want to get up and then texts during class begging to get checked out. She knows I won't check her out, but she blows up my phone asking.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. keepscrappin

Yep I have to kick em in the butt!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

oh a science project due at the end of the year, yikes! I'm so glad we got that done months ago. It was hard enough getting Megan to do it back when she wasn't sick of going to school. Childcare fees doubling is no fun, but I do hope having your daughter there too will help your son. It's hard enough dropping them off and going to work without wondering if they cried all day while you were gone. I'm so glad I'm past those daycare days. The mommy guilt was killer.

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My highschooler had her testing last month. Middle schooler had testing last week. 3 more have testing tomorrow. Then we are taking a little break. But we do a little school throughout the summer.

We are all ready for a change of pace!

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My two boys are done on June 6th, so I haven't counted the days just yet... I'm sure they have. :giggle But they don't seem to be struggling too much yet. They are looking forward to the end some, but they also miss seeing their friends every day in the summer too. It's going to be an interesting summer for us because my 14 year will go to high school next year and is going to try out for the soccer team in the fall. From what I'm told, practices will start at the end of June, so I'm not sure exactly what to expect as far as timing and frequency of practices.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My daughter starts exams this Thursday for 2 weeks and is so looking forward to it. Seems weird, but she is tired of the long days and all of the homework. We only break up the 22nd of June for 3 weeks so that is a way off.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

My kids are so ready for summer. Usually come Spring Break they are over school. lol
    I always look forward to the break from putting lunches together. Such an easy task but I'm over it. :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

3 days left!! I am soooo ready. This year has been really tough on my youngest (3rd grade) as there has been such a ridiculously heavy emphasis on standardized testing. But we made it - just parties for the rest of the week. :)

I homeschooled my older two this year and it has been really rich in terms of our relationships, but I am seeing that my oldest really needs the structure of school. As of now the plan is for everyone to go back next year, which will make for a crazy year as they will be attending 3 different schools - elementary, middle, and high. Yikes!

But for now...bring on the summer!

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

We've still got 2 more months of school before the summer break starts. We have a 1/2 term one week break next week, which we are all looking forward to.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

My son is done Thursday and hubby is "done" Friday (he's a teacher so he's never really done - just starts again for the following year). I know my son is ready for summer, but he's a 5th grader this year so next year he'll be switching into middle school. I'm NOT ready for that quite yet but I am looking forward to the other opportunities and activities that he'll have.
    My daughter doesn't fully know the concept of summer break except that the guys are home all day with her. I don't look forward to the tantrums that might come with the change in routine!
    Anyways, break me off a piece of that kit kat bar!

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Kids have to go school for 7 more weeks, we just had our spring break.
    My own summerbreak starts in 10 weeks, really looking forward to that!

keepscrappin likes this.