girls night out | pad patter 1.15.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jan 15, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Who loves having a girls night out? I do! I love getting together with friends and having some time to just enjoy myself without my kids or hubby.

This past weekend I went to Digi Night Out with some friends and had a blast. We went to dinner before and then had a great time at the scrappin retreat. I didn't get much scrappin done, but I did a lot of chattin and helped people with styles and photoshop elements. I even meet some new friends who are members here at TLP! It was so fun meeting @dancingJaye Jenn in real life. I love getting to know my friends that live in my computer... hehe!

How about you? When was the last time you went to a girls night out?

bbymks5, cfile and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

How awesome! Getting together with people who share our DS love is always fun, and meeting IRL is great!

It's funny you posted this today because I was just thinking how my friends and I need to go out. We do have coffee during the school day, but that's cuz we're SAHMs (some with young kids) and during school hours means we don't have to worry about our husbands' schedules or finding babysitters (some husbands work crazy hours or travel); however, one of us recently got a job so our coffees have been less frequent. I guess it's time we actually try hanging out at night!

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

I sometimes do lunch with friends too and that's always fun. I haven't done lunch in a while because we're all so busy even though not all of us work outside the home. Life can be so busy and I really miss those lunches. I'm hoping to get one in with one of my friends later this month. We used to go to the temple and then out to lunch every other week, but it's been months since we've done that. She was having some health issues and then her husband got laid off so she didn't feel like she could leave him and go to lunch even if I was paying.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Omgosh, I am so jealous!! I love Jenn, @dancingJaye :heartlub I used to CT for her back in the day when she was designing!

It's been months since I had a girl's night out!! I could really use one! We say we are going to do it all the time and never follow through. I need to just schedule something and say BE THERE! :giggle

5. keepscrappin

You really should just schedule something. It might just be the push you need. DO IT!

6. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I have younger kids so I don't get out as much as I'd like to but the mom's in our third grade try to do a mom's night out once a month. That's always a blast. I'd love to do a digiscrap night out, that sounds like so much fun.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Been forever for me!! My daughter Anna will be here from Colorado this next week (squealing inside) and we do have a girls night planned.
    I always would meet one friend for lunch and a movie but she changed jobs then also had a grandchild that she needs to babysit for, so there went her available time during the day. Need to call her and plan a dinner!

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

My girlfriends and I are very good about having our time together. We crave it and we NEED it. We even get away together a couple of times a year to the coast. Nothing fancy just a weekend away. Our husbands do it, too. They usually go camping. Our girl's nights and weekend getaways are what keep us all sane. Haha!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have three girlfriends that I'm super close to in town and we try to do a wine night maybe every other month or so. More often though we get together as couples as our kids are old enough to leave at home for a dinner out (and they always prefer to stay at home rather than go out... weirdos) :giggle So I get some girl time, but more time out with my hubby which is fun too. The biggest girl time I get is my scrap weekends with another friend. We plan about 4-6 weekends a year where we go to her little lake cottage with our computers and do nothing my scrap, eat, drink and chat all weekend long. THOSE are my sanity. :) We used to try to get together at each other's houses, but kids and husbands being there made for constant interruptions and we never got as much done.

keepscrappin and Tree City like this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

How fun this is!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm an odd duck. We have girls nights occasionally - random happy hour, a Bad Moms sort of Movie Night, or a Snow Day hang out day... and more in the summer. We have more friends nights. We are really close with a couple families, and regularly hang out. Plus, the kids are older, it's way easier. We leave the kids to head out to dinner, and then come back for a few cocktails, games and fun!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Man... I want a couple scrap weekends. Sounds divine and not too expensive. :) We are in similar boats with friends nights!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    bestcee, Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  13. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

A girls night would be amazing!! Even a girls during the day date would be enough for me! I have one or two kids with me about 99.99% of the time and it's really starting to get to me LOL

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Sigh, it makes me excited for when they are old enough to be alone!

I will say, while no girls night out, we moms go up to the park, and the kids play while we talk. It's not as good as no kids, but it works at this stage of life.
    We do get out on occasion and leave kids with husbands when the scheduling works out, so about every 4-6 weeks.

keepscrappin and bbymks5 like this.
  15. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

The park is my least favorite place and I really don't want to get friendly with any of the moms on my street LOL

bestcee likes this.
  16. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of friends that aren't also family members. LOL So essentially, I had a girls night at my mom's Thursday night with me and her and my sister Anna. We had some chili mac pasta and ham sandwiches.

2018-01-11-18.57.25.jpg

2018-01-11-18.57.jpg

Then my aunt and uncle came into town, and I spent most of the weekend at my mom's hanging out with them and my sister Anna, her boyfriend, and the four in my clan. I used to fret about it, but honestly, with so much family right around us, we hardly have time for anything other than family. Ha! My mom is an amazing cook and we talked, laughed, and ate all weekend! These are just a few photos.

This is before my hubby and kiddos arrived.
    2018-01-13-14.20.jpg

2018-01-13-14.202.jpg

2018-01-13-14.201.jpg

This is wassail and it was SO delish. It was cold here (not as cold as right now), but for Florida, cold! So this fruit juice drink was warm and we hoped all the vitamins would help us stave off germs.

2018-01-13-18.34.jpg

I do have other friends, but it's few and far between the times I get to spend with them these days. I absolutely love my online friends - yes, that means y'all!

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I tend to do things with my best friend during the day - we both use public transport so it’s just easier to meet during the day. In fact we’ve spent time with each other twice in the past week or so which is highly unusual for us - it’s more likely to be every 4-8 weeks

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  18. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

Every six weeks, my friend -- we've been best friends since high school -- and I meet up and just hang out for the day. We live two hours apart, and meet in a city that is about an hours' drive for each of us. We start at Hobby Lobby, get lunch, and then figure out what we're going to do for the rest of the afternoon. Before we part, we take out our phones and schedule in our next get-together, to make sure it happens again. We've been doing it for about two years -- after about a decade of sporadic meet-ups -- and I only wish we'd started it sooner!