Football? | Pad Patter 1.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 21, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Anyone watching the playoffs? I LOVE football...little league, high school, college, and pro!! I am a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan and have been since I was a little girl, so I am really excited for the first time in a few years! The NFC Championship game is getting ready to start and my Eagles are playing for a spot in the Super Bowl to play the Patriots, who just won their game. I'm afraid to get too excited, because we did lose our starting quarterback a few weeks back to injury. But still so glad we got this far!

Any other football fans out there? Anyone watching today's games?? I know @stamdl99 has family at the game tonight...hope their having a great time, even though they're cheering for the Vikings :giggle

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I vaguely know how football is played. :headscratch That's all I know. o_O The only time I know there's something going on in the sports world is when someone posts about it like you just did. No one in my family is into any sports. :cool:

Juliestcyr likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

College football yes. Not so much the pros anymore. I'm not a fan of the team that is already in the super bowl so I know I won't be watching it no matter which NFC teams makes it in.

4. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

It's no fun when your hometown teams already lost last week.

5. IntenseMagic

I am for anyone who plays the Patriots LOL

Iowan, bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

I was really wanting to see a Steelers/Eagles Super Bowl!

djp332 and krscraps like this.
  7. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I love Football, but we don't have cable so I don't watch often. We've got a weird household right now though. My DH has been an Eagle fan since before time. So I took them on as my team since I've been with him

However, one of our best friends, her son went pro 3 years ago, and he plays for the Pats. So we're rooting for them as well.

So it will be very interesting if they both go to the SB.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

@IntenseMagic Jan, I am a HUGE Vikings fan. This game is killing me. Somehow our defense just didn't show up. Congrats to your team and good luck against the Patriots. I am heartbroken for my boys!!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

I'm sorry not sorry, I guess LOL I don't have anything against the Vikings and totally would have been behind them in the Superbowl if they had won. But I am currently THRILLED!!! We've had a rough few years! But I really did think it was going to be a much closer game than what it was.

10. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Well... I guess the Eagles are going to the Superbowl. Being from the Philly area... I guess I should start caring? XDDDD

LoveItScrapIt and IntenseMagic like this.
  11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Nope. The only time I seriously watched football was when I was in high school ... and I'm not telling you how long ago that was! Ha ha!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Yes, that would have been fun. Better than watching the cheaters.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Lots of happy Eagles fans this morning. I didn't even turn it on and didn't even know it was the playoffs because my hubby wasn't home last night to have it blaring on the TV. :giggle I'm totally routing for the Eagles in the Superbowl now. :)

14. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Ho-Hum----- But for those of you who love it, have fun and I hope your team wins!!!!! I know my son loves it and Super Bowl is a great party time!!!

15. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

I have loved football forever (cried over 4 lost Superbowls when I was young), purple is my favorite color and my prized possession was an autographed photo of the Vikings Purple People Eaters (infamous Vikings front four defense from late 60’s through 70’s) as a child. It was a tough game last night (what happened to our defense??) and I have to say that my family left early due to lots of harassment from some (not all) fans in their section. We had heard the rumors about overly zealous fans but the reality was worse. I wish the Eagles good luck in 2 weeks and I hope their traveling fans will experience Minnesota nice.

16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Huge fan- like you- of all teams/ages. My son played flag football for the first time last fall (SOOO cute!), we often go to our college team's games (Go Eags! ;) EWU Eagles) and are Seahawk fans. Since they obviously had a rough year, I was rooting for the vikings by location default but really don't care who goes, as long as the Patriots don't win again! ;) So I guess I'm an Eagle fan for this one game now too! lol!

17. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

Even though I'm a Browns fan, I still love football. We have been record setting in recent history. LOL

I watched all the the first game and most of the second yesterday. Congrats to your Eagles! I really don't care who wins the Superbowl; however, I wouldn't mind the Patriots just because Tom Brady is 40. I'm kinda rooting for the old guy (although he's still way younger than me.) :) But on the flip side, it kills me that they go on about how great a coach Belichick is. He didn't do squat when he coached Cleveland--he's only great now because of his quarterback.

18. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I grew up in a Browns household. My dad went to their games when they won championships in the 50's. Even though we live closer to Cincinnati, he never changed... even when he moved to NC, he stayed a Browns fan. I'm sort of glad that he is no longer around to see what they have become!

I hear you about Belichick. IMO, he is an a**hole right along with one of his "disciples" Nick Saban. Saban pulled a dirty deal on my college team (Toledo in 1990) telling them that he had no plans to leave and then signing to coach under Belichick with the Browns just 1 month later. Many Toledo fans have no respect for him at all.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Meh....hours of my life I won't get back....

My husband watches it but not religiously (he's a Browns fan so doesn't really matter...he knows the outcome of those games....lol). My family, for the most part, are Patriots fans (stepdad was from Boston). I don't watch football with them though because they are a bunch of yellers and I just don't see the point. THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU!! Haha!

20. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I used to enjoy watching football before they turned everything into a penalty and took the fun out of the game; I under the concussion issues, but I think they've gone a little overboard in some aspects. Sadly I haven't turned a game on in years, and with all of the drama around to kneel or not to kneel during the anthem, it just turned me off even further.

HavaDrPepper likes this.