Fav layout Day 8-14 {Week 2}

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by bestcee, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

I think this one - Day 10, Clean & Simple
    [​IMG]

wenckechodan likes this.
  2. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I would have to say this one from Day 12, I just love the way it turned out.
    [​IMG]

AdrienneMay likes this.
  3. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I think this one is my favorite from week 2 (day 12, throwback photo). I had been planning to use the 2017 photo on a page with additional photos but I really like the way this turned out so it's going in the album!
    [​IMG]

wenckechodan likes this.
  4. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

There were three that I really liked from last week, I think this is my favorite. I love dark blue and white together!

[​IMG]

Lynne-Marie and AdrienneMay like this.
  5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have picked this one as it was a simple one to create and I enjoyed creating my own word art for it.

[​IMG]

6. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I greatly enjoy these threads that have us go back and look at what we created. I give myself a pat-on-the-back for this one:

[​IMG]

About six months ago, I began to follow collage threads in Instagram. I've even made a few cut and paste collages. I wanted to take that way of thinking and make a digital collage that looked like cut and paste paper collage. I am VERY happy with the results. My brain cells are ticking again, thinking about how I can incorporate this style into another challenge :-)

Dalis and scrumptious like this.
  7. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

This one challenged me as I tried using the neutral ephemera to balance out the softness of the template I loved and to help change the tone of the page to the photo I choose. Added bonus: I learned a TON about moving layers back and forth!
    [​IMG]

8. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I hadn't really looked at the LO's I did except as I was posting them, and then it was to triple check I'd followed all the requirements, sigh. Last week's thread got me to stop and just really look at my week's efforts. Thank you for these threads is just inadequate!!

Looking at the second weeks, hmmm. I'm still short one but that's a whole other story. I think I'll chose Day 11. Not because it is the best or even my favorite in terms of AJ but because it plucked a hidden story out of me. I am making a Timeline AJ/Junque Journal semi auto biography playing with art supplies fun memory recorder/prompter etc. book. This LO is a story I'd not have remembered if it weren't for the challenge. I tried and tried to think of a day I could document and when reviewing historic things that happened while I've been alive, I suddenly remembered my 'stolen' filmstrip pleasure. So, technically, it is a documentation of the Berlin Wall falling. Literally it is a piece of some long forgotten day in my childhood.

[​IMG]

Serena likes this.
  9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am loving this thread!! When I get to my desktop tomorrow I am going to give praise in the gallery for as many as I can! I know when post layouts that I love, I get so sad when it doesn't get the lvoe I have for it!! LOL

bestcee likes this.
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    More difficult this week to make a choice.

Mylinn likes this.
  11. tammybean004

tammybean004 Well-Known Member

This challenge was the hardest for me, even had me wanting to throw in the towel, but I hung in there and made one of my favorite pages. You wouldn't think something as simple as your day would be so hard to scrap.

[​IMG]

scrumptious and Mylinn like this.
  12. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

My favorite was day 13, it's hard to turn some of these flowered out templates into "boy" friendly pages, but I feel like this one I managed to do just that...plus use the colors associated with his school.
    [​IMG]

Mylinn likes this.
  13. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I think I like this one the best from Week 2
    [​IMG]

Mylinn likes this.
  14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I think this one - throwback photo.

[​IMG]

15. wenckechodan

wenckechodan Active Member

Thanks again for this wonderful opportunity to look over "old" layouts! One gets so wrapped up with a new page everyday that it doesn't leave much time to admire other people's layouts or even one's own. So this is GREAT!

I actually have three layouts of that week that I like. This is not to sound conceived, but I am just happy that this month of challenges has brought me so much joy and some pages that I really really like.
    But I picked this one to display here - Day 8: Bingo - because it made me use a hexagon alpha which I'd've never used if it hadn't been for the challenge. And I love it! It goes so well with the background paper, and the other two titles give a nice color range, in my opinion. :)

[​IMG]

bonnenuit likes this.
  16. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

For me, it's the bitter sweetness of Day 11 - On This Day, which is about the day my oldest daughter moved to Japan for at least a year and a half.

[​IMG]

17. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

Mine is from Day 9: Advice to your future self. I enjoyed playing around with the elements and being "messy". Before the iPhone came along I wasn't much for taking lots of photos so I can see myself capturing a lot of memories using this style of scrapping.
    [​IMG]

Dalis likes this.
  18. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I liked this one because I love beachy stuff. The colors make me happy.
    [​IMG]

19. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I have sooo many pics that need to be scanned onto my computer before they can get scrapped...and this was the perfect opportunity to use some of them for the Throwback Photo Challenge!
    [​IMG]

20. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains