Fast Five: Sleep|Pad Patter 5.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 19, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Since I should be in bed, but I'm still here catching up...I got to thinking about sleep. And I was reading about mattresses being worth the hype! So, let's hear it!

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on?
    2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to?
    3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it?
    4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm?
    5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket)

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off?

bbymks5 likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? I'm a side sleeper, left side preferably, and need to face out! I cannot sleep turned in toward the middle of the bed. It makes me feel like I can't breathe and I need to hang a leg out occasionally lol.

2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? I used to be able to sleep in, back in my younger days. Now, sleeping in to me is like 7 or 7:30. And no, I don't really like to. Early mornings are my favorite time of day...quiet, coffee, scrapping...it's my time. And I am much more productive in the morning!

3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? It's ok, no complaints, but it's pretty old. It needs to be replaced before long.

4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? I need an alarm on most all work days, because I have to be up at 5. On weekends, I wake up naturally by 7ish...today it was 6:30.

5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) I like the room to be cool when I sleep because I can't sleep without some kind of cover on me.

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off? Off! Socks make me hot!

bestcee likes this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

1) I used to be a belly sleeper. And when I'm physically super tired I still wake up on my stomach. I guess it's the way my body relaxes the most. But nowadays I switch between my back and side. I have no idea in what position I actually fall asleep though.

2) Yes please!!

3) Yes it's fine. It's the dark grey HÖVÅG mattress from Ikea so it's a firm one which is great for me. I bought it a few years ago, like 4?

4) I always need an alarm. Unless, like today, I allow myself to sleep in. And then there is no way in predicting what time I'd wake up. I actually have a Philips wake up light, and I have noticed that this make a ton of difference how I wake up in the morning. Especially in the darker months!!

5) My room should be 'cold' but my self should be warm. So my blankets and pjs are warmer then "normal people" would. I love to be warm, but not in the face. lol

Bonus: depends! If I'm cold, then yes. I have special fluffy bed socks that I only wear in bed. But usually I don't wear socks though.

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

side

not with kids around. After bad nights I can sometimes catch up on sleep after taking them to school, however the day after a bad medical night is usually a bad day for medical phone calls from the school.

not much, I can't remember but it's less than 5 years.

I wake so often for medical needs that I don't need an alarm anymore.

cool, but not cold

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off?
    socks on when the Raynauds is playing up, other wise off.

5. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? Side / stomach

2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? I can and I do! I don't get up until 10 every morning but I don't like to stay in much longer than that, I don't want to waste the WHOLE day. I homeschool my kids so we do what we want.

3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? Argh no, too old but I'm scared I'll hate it's replacement.

4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? I need an alarm to wake up any earlier than my norm.

5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) Cold room, lots of blankets.

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off? Off! Do people sleep with them on??? Oh my...

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? Often I fall asleep on my side, but I think I always wake up on my back.
    2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? Once I wake up, it's highly unlikely I'll fall back asleep. And I'm fine with that; I'm usually eager to jump out of bed and get started on my day.
    3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? We bought a comfortable high quality mattress in 2000. I haven't thought much about it, but thinking about it now, if I had more money I probably would replace it.
    4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? I'm fortunate to live a lifestyle that allows me to start my day whenever I'm ready. I wake up naturally, usually in the 7:00 hour, but that fluctuates by as much as a couple of hours for various reasons such as late night events, binge-watching a show, etc.
    5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) Just Right (neither hot nor cold)

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off?
    on in winter, off in summer

:hammock

bestcee likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

1. Sides only
    2. Well, I have the dog alarm, so if she lets me... which only happens if it is raining out
    3. Mattress is about 5 years old and will need to be replaced within the next year I think. I like mine very firm and when they start to sag, they make my back hurt. So once the back starts hurting, it is time.
    4. I have been waking up around 7am most mornings, but usually don't get up until the dog alarm goes off around 7:15 or so.
    5. Cold room and the comforter year around.

Bonus Question:
    Socks on only when I get into bed in the winter time and my feet are freezing

bestcee likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? Start out on right side, end up on left. Absolutely not to stomach.
    2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? Now that I can... I can't! Always had trouble getting up to go to work and now that I don't have to, I am up before 7 every day. Might be because of the light outside. At one time I worked 2nd shift and slept in til after 9. Those were natural hours for me. My parents would have a hard time believing what time I get up now as I never did that as long as they were alive!
    3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? Yes, finally getting used to it. Got a Tempurpedic Hybrid Prima with adjustable base the beginning of November. I sleep better with the head raised up than flat.
    4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? Always used to need several alarms when I worked. Now, I don't need them. However, if I have to be up for something specific, I will still set the alarm as that would probably be the day my body would want to sleep!
    5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) Must be warm. When I'm cold my neck hurts and I can't sleep so I go for warmer temperatures than most people.

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off? OFF

bestcee likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? Usually start on right side but wake up on left
    2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? I’m definitely one who can and likes to sleep in
    3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? It’s a good mattress but not a name brand
    4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? Multiple alarms please
    5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) Warm

Bonus Question: Socks on or off? Off, I get really hot feet

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My toes hate to be locked in socks overnight...and I have cold feet!

Ditto. Well, the room doesn't have to be cold, but I must have a sheet or blanket.

Intriguing! I'll have to look into this!

Aw, man! That's rotten. It makes sense, but it'd be nice to be able to catch up on sleep.

Ditto! Although, I agree. I hate sleeping in too late and feeling like the day is gone.

me too! I like being warm at night.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? stomach
    2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? I wish. I was up at 4:45am on a Sunday. :hissy
    3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? Yes! We have a pillow top memory foam that's about five years old. So comfy! The only thing I hate is trying to find sheets that fit and stay on.
    4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm?I usually wake up before my alarm goes off My body hates me. lol
    5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) I'd say in between. Like in the winter we still have the fan on, heated blanket on and I usually have one leg out of the blankets.

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off? Off! I really hate socks.

bestcee likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? Side
    2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? I do and I love it
    3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? I like my memory foam mattress. It's about 5 years old
    4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? Half and half
    5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) cool. My overhead fan is always on

No socks. LOL

bestcee likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? Never back! I usually start off on my left side, switch to my stomach or right side, but always wake up on my left side. I tend to have a permanent wrinkle above my left eye from that!
    2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? Only on a rare occasion do I do it and that means til 7:30ish.
    3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? Yes, it's an Ikea with a pillow top extra and I love it.
    4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? I wake up naturally but if I HAVE to be up at 6am I set an alarm.
    5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) I like a COLD room and always have.
    With the heat off in the bedroom, I tend to wrap the down duvet around my head. I truly am snuggled in a nest.

Socks? sometimes the fuzzy ones in the winter but they usually are found somewhere in the bed the next morning

bestcee likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? I always start out on my left side because I have to face out and I read on my phone every night which is propped up on a pillow. Then I try to roll to my back when I'm done sleeping because otherwise my hip hurts sometimes in the morning. I don't think I move at all in the night or something. Lol.

2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? I used to pride myself on my skill at sleeping in. This year though I seem to have lost that ability and it makes me so sad. :giggle My hubby loves it though because he's always up early and used to get impatient waiting for me to wake up. Now I'm up by 7:00

3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? I do like my mattress and it is new... we just bought a memory foam mattress from Amazon a few months ago... it's the Zinus brand, similar to the Tuft and Needle version, but LOTS cheaper.

4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? I have to be up at 5:45am on weekdays, so I need an alarm for that, but on the weekends I usually start waking up at about that same time too. So annoying! lol!

5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) I love the room to be cold, so I can burrow into my blankets and be warm. I also must have a fan on (mostly for the white noise).

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off? I know people will cringe, but I love to go to bed with my socks on. I HATE cold feet. I'll kick them off once I get burrowed in and get warmed up. We keep our house pretty cool all year long.

15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Start on my side, usually right side, and end up on my stomach. Usually my legs are hanging out/on top of the blanket for me to fall asleep.

I can, but rarely get to. If I do get to sleep in, 8 or 8:30 is my usual time up.

It's alright. DH loves it. We have a sleep number bed, so it is nice that I can have a firmer side, and his side is all saggy and droopy (yuck). :giggle

I prefer to wake up naturally but that doesn't happen unless it's the weekend. Even on the weekend, I'll set an alarm, to make sure I'm not up too late, but I usually wake before it goes off. Regular work days require multiple snoozes to actually get me out of bed.

I live with boys that are like heaters, so our house would be called cold. I usually have my blanket, but my legs have to hang out unless I'm super tired or freezing. I usually prefer to be cozy in bed, and the room around me cold, so it works out.

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off? On... my house is cold, lol!

16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? All of them
    2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? Not as often as I like
    3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? Love it, Serta, about ten years now
    4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? Generally hubby's alarm wakes me, if not him getting up and switching on the light will do the trick.
    5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? Heading into winter now we have a feather duvet and I have fluffy pj's and socks.

17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? Side and back sleeper.
    2. Can you sleep in (in the morning)? Do you like to? I've never been able to sleep in...ever!
    3. Do you like your mattress? How old is it? I do!! It's a year old and I ordered it from Amazon! Zinus.
    4. Are you a wake up naturally person? Or do you need an alarm? I've never needed an alarm clock...ever.
    5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket) I like to use blankets and I always have a leg out, but never hanging over the edge LOL

18. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Haha, fun questions!

1. Side? Back? Stomach? Which do you like to sleep on? Lately, I've been sleeping on my back with 2 pillows. Apparently, I started snoring and it stops using the pillows. I prefer my side, though.

I get up at 7:15 during the week so that I can be at the gym for a 9 am aqua aerobics class, but yes, I could sleep in every day.

We have a king size Select Comfort mattress that is about 5 years old. Love it!

I set the alarm, but I usually wake up before it goes off.

5. Do you like to be hot or cold when you sleep? (room temperature/blanket
    ) I prefer cold, but then I have the blankets up around my neck. lol!

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off? Never socks! I have to keep that one foot hanging out of the covers!

19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have to sleep on my back for 80% of the night. My back still hurts when I get up in the morning but not as much as when I sleep on my side. I can't sleep on my stomach at all -- too much boobage.

I love to sleep in! I buy my kids donuts for breakfast every weekend so that they get up, feed themselves breakfast, and then go down in the basement to play and watch TV so that I can sleep in. *curtsey* It took a year or two to 'train' them but now they know the drill!

It's fine, I guess. It's an Ikea mattress. I'm not sure how old it is.

Unfortunately, I've been struggling with insomnia a lot the last few months + have to get up at least once a night to pee + get too hot so I wake up several times during the night and always need an alarm to get up-get up for the day.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD so I can sleep with the comforter up to my chin

20. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

definatly stomach!

If there wasn't an alarm I wouldn't wake up for days, lol!
    I love to sleep in and I'm very lucky with 4 kids who do sleep in (in weekends and holidays)... In the weekends there's not up before 09.00 or later. Maybe they're good at it because mommy is really cranky in the early morning???

I love it! It's 6-7 years old now

no waking up without alarm, it's the most hated item in my household...

room needs to be cold so I can wrap myself myself up in my bedding sheets

Bonus Question:
    Socks on or off?
    OFF!

Last edited: May 22, 2018