Fast Five| Pad Patter 5.18.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 18, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The thread about flying got me to thinking...

1. Fly or Drive?
    2. Beach or Mountains?
    3. Ocean or Lake?
    4. Winter or Summer?
    5. Sunrise or Sunset?

Can you tell the This or That game is one of my favorites?

KarenB, bbymks5, busywoman139 and 2 others like this.
  2. bestcee

1. Fly or Drive? Drive. I hate flying, and love being able to stop and stretch legs and use the bathroom!
    2. Beach or Mountains? Beach. The mountains are pretty, but water is calming to my soul.
    3. Ocean or Lake? Ocean. I love the vastness of it! Although, lake if I want to swim! It's usually warmer than the ocean.
    4. Winter or Summer? Summer. Although, I have a suspicion that living in the desert is going to change that opinion. Because winter here is a jacket, and I hear summer is too hot! :firey
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset. I'd like the sunrise more if it happened later in the day! :giggle

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

1. Fly or Drive? Mostly drive. I usually drive...or I get headaches. Most of the time if I am flying I'm going on vacation... so I wish I could fly all the time??? :giggle
    2. Beach or Mountains? We call it the Shore, lol! I would pick that all the time... but I have a soft spot for the mountains too! Grew up going to both since I was a kid.
    3. Ocean or Lake? Both... lol... same as above, grew up going to both, so I love both.
    4. Winter or Summer? Summer, hands down.
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset. I'm a night owl... that means I go to the bay to catch them!

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

1. Fly or Drive? Fly. I can go further in less time. Plus I have bad Wait Rage. It's like road rage but only related to having to wait for people who are slow walkers/drivers/food-orderers/generally slow movers.
    2. Beach or Mountains? City. :giggle But if I had to really pick, I'd probably say the beach. But only if it's not too busy or windy or hot.
    3. Ocean or Lake? Lake. I grew up not too far from Lake Michigan. My dad grew up in a small city on the Lake that wasn't too far from where we lived and so we'd visit my grandparents (then just my grandpa) when I was growing up. I didn't see the ocean until I was in my teens, I think (early teens, but still). I hated the saltwater. And the temp. Water hotter than a bath isn't refreshing to jump into! You need COLD water, something to shock your system! lol
    4. Winter or Summer? I love the sun, but I love the peace of a snowy winter day. So IDK how to answer this. Summer? My fave here is the 2-day-long spring lol. Seriously. It was almost freezing last week and now it's supposed to be 88 today. What is that?! Spring needs to last longer before the oppressive heat and humidity kick in. At least in Houston we had beautiful winters before the horror of summer. Here we get stupid snowstorms AND we get bad heat. Bad winter OR bad summer--it should be one or the other. #notfair ETA: The temp got to 94 here. What?! It's still spring. That doesn't bode well for summer here. :(
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset. Although I'm like you Courtney @bestcee : I'd like sunrise if it came later in the day. ;)

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

1. Fly or Drive? Drive - I like random stops along the trip and you can take more with you!
    2. Beach or Mountains? I love both - but definitely go to the beach more often.
    3. Ocean or Lake? Ocean. But, as a kid I loved waterskiing at the lake near our home.
    4. Winter or Summer? Summer, although I do love a good snow and I love winter clothes.
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset, no question!

These are tough, generally I like all the choices. :)

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

1. Fly or Drive? Be driven. :giggle
    2. Beach or Mountains? Beach
    3. Ocean or Lake? Lake, but I love both
    4. Winter or Summer? Summer
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset

bestcee, LoveItScrapIt and jk703 like this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

1. Fly or Drive? probably drive but especially on my own. Sadly all my 'girlfriends' are far away and have other obligations but there is nothing like a female road trip. I put up with flying to get to Europe.
    2. Beach or Mountains? like @Tree City I'm a city girl, but if I had to choose it would be beach but never ever in the summer. We go to Myrtle Beach in Sept/Oct/Nov weeks.
    3. Ocean or Lake? I grew up with the Atlantic as a summer vacation so it's def Ocean. I don't see the point in lakes.
    4. Winter or Summer? Winter for sure! How many days til daylight savings is over and the leaves change? I'm a total fan of autumn.
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset. Yep, sunrise comes at an inconvenient time for me too.

bestcee, LoveItScrapIt and Tree City like this.
  8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

1. Fly or Drive? drive
    2. Beach or Mountains? beach
    3. Ocean or Lake? ocean
    4. Winter or Summer? summer
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? sunset

9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

1. Fly or Drive? I prefer to fly if it is more than 5 hours
    2. Beach or Mountains? that's tough - I love both! but I think maybe beach a bit more
    3. Ocean or Lake? Ocean
    4. Winter or Summer? Summer 100%
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Depends on the day and my mood! But I'll go with sunset.

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. Fly or Drive? Though I don't mind flying at all and often it's more convenient. I hope to make at least one cross-country drive though someday.

2. Beach or Mountains?

3. Ocean or Lake? For 2 & 3, perhaps it's because I spent the first 29 years of my life in southern California, close to the coast.

4. Winter or Summer? I prefer to be warm.

5. Sunrise or Sunset? Tough one. I've seen more sunsets and love them so that was my first inclination. But I'm a morning person and love sunrises too.

11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

1. Fly or Drive? Drive
    3. Ocean or Lake? Lake
    4. Winter or Summer? Winter

bestcee likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

1. Fly or Drive? DRIVE
    2. Beach or Mountains? BEACH
    3. Ocean or Lake? OCEAN
    4. Winter or Summer? WINTER
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? SUNSET

bestcee likes this.
  13. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

1. Fly or Drive? Drive, but only if we get to stop often
    2. Beach or Mountains? Mountains, I like to go hiking
    3. Ocean or Lake? Lake, it's what I'm familiar with
    4. Winter or Summer? Summer, more sun, less ice
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset, that way, I don't have to wake up early ;)

bestcee likes this.
  14. bestcee

I knew there had to be at least a few!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

1. Fly or Drive? Drive. Flying is my least fave (except for the speed to get me where I'm going), I like to enjoy the scenery while driving or cruising and want to take a train trip next.
    2. Beach or Mountains? Mountains. I'm not so much a water person, I like hiking, photographing and enjoying the landscape.
    3. Ocean or Lake? I like to cool off in a lake but b/c I seldom do it, overall I would prefer the beauty of the ocean waves and shoreline.
    4. Winter or Summer? Summer. Don't care for the cold/wet rainy winters here in BC.
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Yrs ago I would have said sunset but now I love sunrise (if I'm up early enough) and the light that starts the day.

bestcee likes this.
  16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

1. Fly or Drive? Love to fly, but we always drive
    2. Beach or Mountains? Both - we live about 2 from the ocean and about 3-4 hours from the mountains. We drive through the mountains a lot.
    3. Ocean or Lake? Ocean for sure
    4. Winter or Summer? How about Fall? Can I pick Fall? Otherwise, one good snow storm as "winter".
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset because there are too many trees at my house to see the sunrise.

17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

1. Fly or Drive? Fly
    3. Ocean or Lake? Ocean
    4. Winter or Summer? Summer
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunrise

18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

1. Fly or Drive? Fly!! I used to love driving, but after 30 years of spending an hour and a half a day going to and from work, I'm not a fan any more.
    2. Beach or Mountains? Beach!!! I live in the mountains and have all my life. They are pretty, but I'd much rather be in a beach chair with a book and a drink :)
    3. Ocean or Lake? Ocean!! I like the lake for boating and play time kind of things, but I'll take the ocean any day!
    4. Winter or Summer? Summer!! Hands down, without a second of hesitation. I HATE winter.
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunrise! I love the start of a new day!!

Can you tell the This or That game is one of my favorites? yes :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  19. CherryAllie

CherryAllie Active Member

1. Fly or Drive? Be driven
    3. Ocean or Lake? Ocean. I love the sound of the waves, so calming!
    4. Winter or Summer? Winter I guess if I have to choose. Though I'd prefer Spring or Fall even more. I melt in the heat. It comes from being born in the PNW I guess.
    5. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset. Sunrise is soo early. . .

bestcee likes this.
  20. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

1. Fly or Drive? Drive
    3. Ocean or Lake? Lake
    4. Winter or Summer? Winter

bestcee likes this.