DYD Album Covers

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by tkradtke, Nov 9, 2017.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I am so excited about DYD this year! I have attempted this project many years and after much trial and error, I have found what works for me and completed my first album! And by completed... I mean I just now completed it. Want to know what my held me up... what was my very last page to complete? The cover. Not having a cover designed has caused me to miss more printing sales than any other single factor.

This year I'm not going to let that happen! I will get my cover done, if not first, at least as one of my first few pages. But I need some inspiration and thought you might like some too.

First up is my cover for my 2016 album...
    [​IMG]

And next is a beautiful cover by Polly Susanne
    [​IMG]

I would love to see your covers for your DYD album, please share them in this thread! Let's get these covers done, so we don't miss another printing sale! :giggle

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Danyale, RaquelS, sanjos333 and 9 others like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

fabulous inspiration covers, these are always my sticking point with finishing anything too!

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Love these!! I'm stuck on my cover for this year. I'm going to try to nail it down this weekend!

4. tkradtke

Here are some more examples I found in the gallery....

@MrsPeel
    [​IMG]

@Mrivas
    [​IMG]

@kaphelps
    [​IMG]

So much inspiration... off to see what else I can find! I'm still stumped on this year's cover. I think it's because I just finished my 2016 cover. I love it so much, that I'm having a hard time trying to come up with something that would compare to it!

5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

wOw Tracie!!!!! thank you so much for picking a page of mine with these awesome beauties!!!!!!!!!! you know I am a fan of yours so you made my day!!!!! :heartlub I'm crazy about covers, have started already with planning mine this year as I think I'm going hybrid but still haven't found a printer to buy, ours is dead after much trying
    oh , by the way, LOVE your article on the travel journals!!!

Hey girls, if you have not seen it, don't miss it, it applies for other theme scrapping too, I think!!!!
    You can find Tracie's post HERE at The Pad's Blog.
    :fairydance

cfile, kaphelps and keepscrappin like this.
  6. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Thank you for mentioning mine @tkradtke I love @sucali ‘s that you posted above and plan on making mine using that same December wordart. So much inspiration here, covers are also the hardest for me.

7. tkradtke

I love hers too! I immediately went off to scraplift it, but I couldn't find a similar "Christmas" word art instead of December (since my project encompasses some Christmas-y things we do in November). It's always the thing I leave until the last, so I'm trying hard to get it done first this year.

Mrivas likes this.
  8. tkradtke

Well... it's just beautiful! I love the color scheme and the elegance of it!

Thanks! I'm so excited about our trip! We leave a week a week from tomorrow!! :happydance2

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

WoW O WOW! I love all of these covers! Ya'll are so talented. There's so much inspiration, thanks for gathering it all here for us Tracie.

Even though I'm not going to tackle DYD this year, I'm going to scraplift some of these ideas for the many Disney books I still need to finish. We've been to Disney over the holidays and I've got tons of photos that need scrappin.

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Just wonderful pages, I love covers, lol! I think they are easier since there is less room for what is needed on the page. More creative, than a page to share a story or moment.

Maybe we could ask, nudge, suggest, plead, beg, bribe them from Liz to make all the months!? (Over time of course!) Or fun packs for each month and different words? :) @Scrapping with Liz

Angela Toucan likes this.
  11. tkradtke

I'm the opposite! Covers are so much harder for me... I think because I generally start with a photo first when I scrap. I don't know where to begin without a photo! lol!

kaphelps, keepscrappin and jk703 like this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love that we're all here sharing our ideas and helping and encouraging each other. I never would have known th at covers are hard for you. You make them so beautiful and they flow so perfectly, almost effortless. My trick for photo-less pages/covers is to use a quote, journal card, BIG word (like Susanne did), or word art as my focal in place of the photo and embellish around that. HTH

I've been going through some of the other DYD threads and ya'll are really inspiring me. I think I AM GOING to do DYD this year. I haven't decided what yet, but I'm going to keep it simple. I might even just go back to a previous year like @jk703 Jenn said in another thread and pick a few photos to use. That'd help me feel less behind and give my album completing confidence a needed boost. I've got so many albums started, but never seem to finish them.

Angela Toucan, Karen and londoncuppa like this.
  13. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I always name my cover December, but it actually starts the weekend after thanksgiving.

14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

last year I've done this one :
    [​IMG]

and this one two years ago :
    [​IMG]

15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

So, I'm going hybrid this year, in a format that is probably a third of the 12x12, is a travel book I bought last year but ended up not using in Barcelona. Our printer died though, so to get the idea out of the way, I adapted for digital, isn;t the best I done but not all too bad either LOL
    [​IMG]

RaquelS, Angela Toucan, BevG and 7 others like this.
  16. tkradtke

I took your suggestion, Kayla, and worked on my cover today! I think this is my cover...

[​IMG]

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

RaquelS, Karen, GwenCreative and 4 others like this.
  17. tkradtke

Love your covers you posted @Ga_L! The calendar is a really clever addition!

@MrsPeel I think it looks great, Cynthia! I can't wait to see your album!

Ga_L and MrsPeel like this.
  18. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Here's mine for this year! I finished last years by summertime at least! ;)

Something I do that helps me scrap faster is create a library with all the papers & styles used so it's super quick! That way I just have to pull in my photos & embellishments, journal & done!

[​IMG]

RaquelS, sanjos333, tkradtke and 7 others like this.
  19. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

20. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

LOVE these!

Oh, I like that idea. Like monthly sets!