Downloading Kits to an iPad

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by NancyBeck, Nov 21, 2017.

1. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you can help with with a question from a customer in CS? Can kits be downloaded directly to an iPad?

2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

This doesn't directly answer your question, Nancy, but it may help with your inquiry.

I think the easiest way to handle scrapping kits on an iPad (or your phone) is to download them to a service such as Dropbox. I really don't mobile scrap anymore but when I was using the Project Life app, I would use the Dropbox app (which is available for the iPad), and browse my stash that way. When I found what I wanted, I would download the items to my device from the cloud via the app.

When I was done with the item, I would delete it. This method prevents having limited hard drive space used up by digital assets, which can be very large files. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    bestcee and bellbird like this.
  3. NancyBeck

That sounds like awesome advice to me! Thanks for your input, Margaret!

bellbird and londoncuppa like this.
  4. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Glad to help, Nancy!

bellbird likes this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Glad you got an answer! I'm like "how do u scrap on a phone or iPad when there's no mouse?!" PL makes more sense & I like the Dropbox idea so good one Margaret!:agree

londoncuppa likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You can download directly to the ipad if you have a program that will unzip on the iPad. I know that when @klee73010 was app scrapping it was much much easier to do the Dropbox way that Margaret posted above.

londoncuppa likes this.
  7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I always download to my computer, then move to a cloud based option.

There was one time I downloaded directly to my phone. It was one of Kate's packs and I was trying to meet a deadline. Haha. But my android did allow me to unzip the file once it was downloaded to my phone. I just have to go to "my files" and follow prompts. It is certainly not my preferred method.

If you have time, I also prefer doing the shadowing of elements on the computer before saving them to the cloud option. I am able to shadow things on my phone, but it is tedious, and I like layers. So... it is faster to do that ahead of time. For me.

bestcee likes this.
  8. NancyBeck

@klee, @bestcee, @londoncuppa,

Thank you all so much for your help!!! It looks like there is some really useful information here.

bestcee and londoncuppa like this.