Digital Pin Exchange - MAY Edition!

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Dalis, May 2, 2017.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

A few months ago Mommyish (Leah) released the Enamel Pin Builder and started a Pin Exchange.... which made a lot of us very happy and very addited to creating PINS! She also released an add-on with additional styles for your pins called Glittery Enamel Pin Styles. I will be the first one to say that I can't have enough of them! I can't WAIT to see all the pins from the exchange! AND.... I CAN'T wait to do this all over again this month! I sent Leah a private message to volunteer myself to run this challenge because I NEED to HAVE MORE PINS! This time we are going to follow a very loose theme.... drum roll please........ the theme is MAY & JUNE! So what ever is that you do, or scrap, or experience during the month of MAY & JUNE is a GO!

Just in case you have no clue about what product I am talking about that revolutionized our pin making skills, here it is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These is the preview of our loot for April! Aren't they amazing? Thanks for your patience.... I told you it was WORTH IT!
    [​IMG]

How do I even make a pin?!
    • Install the Enamel Pin Builder Styles & actions
    • Watch the video tutorials for your program - if you are still unsure - hit me up here and I will be happy to help you out. :) . @angiekey created the following step by step instructions for those that like written instructions better. HERE
    • Have an idea! If you aren't sure look up "enamel pin" on pinterest and you flooded with ideas.
    • Get creative. <3 Use shapes, your brush tool, text, etc!
    Remember, since this is an item that will be shared with others - if you use outside graphics they have to be CU ok.

Still unsure - watch this video!

Drawing from scratch? Watch this one!

How do I save my pin for other folks?!
    • You will want to create a new document that is 300ppi in RGB format with a transparent background.
    • Keep in mind that pins shouldn't be GIGANTIC - ideally you will want your pin to be smaller than 2 inches. (600 pixels)
    • When you save your pin be sure to save it as a .PNG file (this maintains the transparent background)
    • Save the file as username_tlp-xchange_pinname.png for example I'd save mine as mommyish_tlp-xchange_rainbow.png
    • UPLOAD HERE
    [​IMG]
    I can not wait to see what you guys come up with! Try to limit yourself to no more than 5 pins :D

Deadline is May 31st, 11:59pm EST

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Chippi, NathalieS and jenn mccabe like this.
  2. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

Time to start brainstorming! I love making pins for these exchanges. My husband asked if we just make these to exchange them and if it's just image files, what's the point... silly man! So I'm super proud of myself that I broke out my Enamel pin styles and used them on a title for a page today:

[​IMG]

I doubt most folks would would want the Texas pin, so I'll come up with something else for the exchange. :D

3. Dalis

OMG, It's amazing, I would totally use it for our Texas Trip pics!~

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

how can the husband of a digi scrapper not understand the importance of "just a file" LOL. the things our men say.
    And BTW that title is gorgeous! It should be showed off in the Why it Works - Out Standing Titles thread miss Angie!

Tree City, Mylinn and Dalis like this.
  5. NathalieS

NathalieS New Member

I had so much fun last month creating my first two pins I'm excited to create a few more! Wonderful challenge-hope we keep this up all year long!

Dalis likes this.
  6. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

I want a Texas pin!!!! That is awesome. We have been in west Texas for 3 years now and it has been so good to our family.

Dalis likes this.
  7. Dalis

That's my plan!!!! I think we need to get a challenge going. Let me see what I can do.

8. Dalis

@angiekey , you thought we wouldn't want it. Not only that, I scraplifting the title!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love Texas and abolutely love the blue bonnets!!!!!!! One of my favorite flowers!! Beautiful Page!!

10. jenn mccabe

I agree w/Dalis ... I may try to find my old real photos from a visit to San Antonio and scan them and scrap them with this awesome pin/title idea. @angiekey

@Dalis maybe one month could be a states/countries inspired pin exchange? that would fun for all our travel pages!

Dalis and angiekey like this.
  11. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

Wow! I didn't expect so many of you to have a use for the Texas enamel pin. @Dalis @Teri @cfile I will happily share it in this month's exchange. :)

I LOVE the idea of a states/countries-inspired pin exchange! Growing up an Army Brat, we lived a lot of different places, and I can think of some super fun uses for those pins...

Tree City and Dalis like this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I LOVE the states themed idea- I would do "Finer Carolina"! Might want to include our internationals here though and make it State/Nation icons?
    Since I viewed the tutorial for these pins(AFTER making them :eyeroll:eyeroll) I think that May June's will come out better! :dancebun

Dalis and jenn mccabe like this.
  13. jenn mccabe

YES! absolutely ... that's why I said states/countries! it would be awesome!

Dalis likes this.
  14. Dalis

I think we may have next MONTH'S PIN EXCHANGE THEME!!!! woot woot!!!!!!!

ikakn13, AJK and BevG like this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I made this for the scrap camp I was at this past weekend. Their theme was "hope". I am going to make more, but here is my first.
    hope.png

AJK and Dalis like this.
  16. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Love the Texas pin!!!

17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

In honor of today....
    yoda.png

AlyciaIN, cfile, wvsandy and 6 others like this.
  18. ikakn13

ikakn13 Member

Just saw that you started a new thread for May/June! I think I have an addiction problem with these exchanges. LOL... on one hand, I'm happy to have an excuse to make some pins, on the other hand, I'm procrastinating in getting things done on my TO DO list. I will see if I can think of something for this month. :-)

Karen and Dalis like this.
  19. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

PLEASE submit your Texas pin! My husband is from there and I love it!

Dalis likes this.
  20. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am attempting my first pin this morning. I have watched the video and read the written instructions. I am struggling to make my outline look "pin-like"... any help?
    popcorn2.png

Dalis, merank and wvsandy like this.