Digital Pin Exchange - JUNE Edition!

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Dalis, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

A few months ago Mommyish (Leah) released the Enamel Pin Builder and started a Pin Exchange.... which made a lot of us very happy and very addited to creating PINS! She also released an add-on with additional styles for your pins called Glittery Enamel Pin Styles. I will be the first one to say that I can't have enough of them! I can't WAIT to see all the pins from the exchange! AND.... I CAN'T wait to do this all over again this month! I sent Leah a private message to volunteer myself to run this challenge because I NEED to HAVE MORE PINS! This time we are going to follow a very loose theme.... drum roll please........ the theme is JUNE & JULY & COUNTRIES/STATES & TRAVEL! Here in the states JUNE & JULY are considered VACATION months. Most kids are out of school and most families take vacations or staycations during these two months.

Just in case you have no clue about what product I am talking about that revolutionized our pin making skills, here it is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am still working on May's PIN set, so please bear with me. Here is the preview for May, please note that not all versions or colors of some pins are shown in the preview but they are included in the file. (I will post the link soon!)

How do I even make a pin?!
    • Install the Enamel Pin Builder Styles & actions
    • Watch the video tutorials for your program - if you are still unsure - hit me up here and I will be happy to help you out. :) . @angiekey created the following step by step instructions for those that like written instructions better. HERE
    • Have an idea! If you aren't sure look up "enamel pin" on pinterest and you flooded with ideas.
    • Get creative. <3 Use shapes, your brush tool, text, etc!
    Remember, since this is an item that will be shared with others - if you use outside graphics they have to be CU ok.

Still unsure - watch this video!

Drawing from scratch? Watch this one!

How do I save my pin for other folks?!
    • You will want to create a new document that is 300ppi in RGB format with a transparent background.
    • Keep in mind that pins shouldn't be GIGANTIC - ideally you will want your pin to be smaller than 2 inches. (600 pixels)
    • When you save your pin be sure to save it as a .PNG file (this maintains the transparent background)
    • Save the file as username_tlp-xchange_pinname.png for example I'd save mine as mommyish_tlp-xchange_rainbow.png
    • UPLOAD HERE
    [​IMG]
    I can not wait to see what you guys come up with! Try to limit yourself to no more than 5 pins :D

Deadline is June 30th, 11:59pm EST

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

Woot! I've been working on my pins for my beloved state Colorado, which we left almost a year ago now - still miss it and everyone there. I have a couple more planned to complete my set... so back in a few days with those ;)

ikakn13 likes this.
  3. Dalis

Perfect!

4. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

Here are my pins for Colorado. I miss seeing Pikes Peak out my window everyday and the pins I made for that are my favorite of the set. The trout turned out prettier than I was expecting too. Hopefully there are a few in here that are more generically useful to people.
    CO-pins-preview-w.jpg

5. Dalis

THESE ARE GORGEOUS!

mmbstaley likes this.
  6. Dalis

JUNE_PINS.jpg

Here are mine, in real life they are not out of focus.

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

haha! we must have been thinking the same thing Dalis ... get these pins done early this month! :) i just could not pull it together last month - but may make a few extra to throw in for this month .... we are going to Ireland in July so I'd love to have a pin or two for those photos - when I get back! Here's some NY pins!

[​IMG]

AlyciaIN, carrie1977, Dalis and 2 others like this.
  8. Dalis

@jenn mccabe

OMG, what's with everyone going to Ireland this Summer? Everyone but me!

9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

A lot of our summer travel involves camping so my pins are inspired by that. :)

[​IMG]

jenn mccabe, mmbstaley and Dalis like this.
  10. Dalis

controllers.jpg

Ok, I will be testing different styles from the store in the upcoming months in my pins. This one uses: June 2017 BYOC Styles for the black rim (the wire style). It also uses Stylin' #233 Candied for the texture of the enamel (Sugar coated). Since this last style is a little more raised than I wanted I wrote down the settings from my enamel style and modified the sugar coated style to have a similar look.

June 2017 BYOC Styles

by Mommyish

[​IMG]

CU/PU - Stylin' #233 - Candied

by Mommyish

[​IMG]

11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

13. Dalis

14. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

15. lmjrocko

lmjrocko See that in my rear view mirror? That's Michigan!

Up loaded mine
    arrow.png bird.png flower.png heart.png star.png

Dalis and jenn mccabe like this.
  16. jenn mccabe

I love how you are playing with all these different styles Dalis! very cool!

Dalis likes this.
  17. jenn mccabe

and since I missed last month ... I made two batches for this month >> NY is above and Ireland below :)

[​IMG]

mmbstaley and Dalis like this.
  18. Dalis

LOVE the BEER!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  19. jenn mccabe

you fancy a pint do 'yer? :giggle

Dalis likes this.
  20. Dalis