Digital Pin Exchange - April/May 2018 Edition!

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Dalis, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Ok, were did you get these?????? (the images!!!!! OMG.... I LOVE THEM!!!!)

2. Dalis

I loved inkscape for many years and then stopped using it. I used it to to cut files for my cricut and silhouette machines.

3. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear how you used this program for that, though we may have to continue this somewhere else. LOL I have a Cameo and the designer edition of their software and it can do a lot. I have actually used it to make/edit svg vectors a time or two. Is there a way to actually send the file to the machines to cut, or did you just design things for them with it?

4. mmbstaley

Here's my pins for the month. We've attended the Washington DC Cherry Festival two years in a row now since we live within a few hours of the capital. All of the trees being in bloom is so pretty, especially around the Tidal pool. So, I made a few pins to represent that. I wanted to do another one of the monument squares as I have quite a few shots of the trees framing the Jefferson Memorial too, but I've got some other things to work on this month so I will have to stop with these.
    Cherry-Blossom-Enamel-Pins-pvw.jpg

5. Dalis

Just designed them, no way to send them to the machine. Sorry, but you can open them in your cameo as an SVG. I will tell you I don't remember much about it, I remember that learning it was very VERY differently to PSE.

mmbstaley likes this.
  6. shunnstergirl

shunnstergirl Well-Known Member

I had time to play again this month! I just uploaded these little cuties.
    [​IMG]

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

These are so pretty! I know that Jan will now have to join if she hasn't for these pins alone! @QuiltyMom I really need to try joining in again this month myself!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

The hedgehog! :beat Adorable!

shunnstergirl likes this.
  9. nachtmol

nachtmol Active Member

I find almost all the images I use to make pins at vecteezy Dalis. Sometimes it takes a little scrolling through the pages to find the right ones. They are hidden well ;)

mmbstaley and Dalis like this.
  10. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Holy cow! Those are gorgeous! I've never made pins before. I have the action but I've never done anything on PS18 except for opening it. Are they simple to make without knowing what I'm doing?

Yeah, I know I ask a lot. :-)

11. Dalis

Jan,
    there are pretty easy, some of it is trial and error because depends on how YOU personally like your pins. Check out the first two posts in this thread there are a few videos and step-by-step instructions on how to use the style from Mommyish. PLUS, we are here to help you through all the steps! We wouldn't let you alone for the world, we need more pin addicts... I mean we would love more participants. LOL!!!!

mmbstaley and QuiltyMom like this.
  12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

LOL. Got it! And thanks! <3

13. spenny

spenny Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone !! I sort of redid my pins after all the wonderful help I received from you all :) These are a lot closer to what I think they should look like. I did not start from scratch but revamped my originals. Now I think I just need more practice. Please let me know what you all think. Cheers !! ( Dalis...I will load my new set of pins to Dropbox. The renamed ones have an "rd " in the description)

April Pins preview rd for web.jpg

14. spenny

spenny Well-Known Member

These are sooo adorable !!

shunnstergirl likes this.
  15. mmbstaley

I'm throwing out the suggestion that we extend this challenge through May so more people have a chance to join in this round.....

Dalis and jenn mccabe like this.
  16. Dalis

I am going to agree with this. We don't have a big list this time around. We have a few newbies trying this for the first time so I am merging APRIL and MAY. New DUE DATE is May 31st. If you want to include more think of end of school, beginning of vacations.

@QuiltyMom @AJK @Angela Toucan

Mylinn, mmbstaley and Angela Toucan like this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you @Dalis last month got a bit full with the kids home for 2 weeks, hopefully I'll manage this month

Dalis likes this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Your pins are so cute!

I especially like how you @mmbstaley made pins specifically for your visit to the cherry blossoms. Great idea! I was having fun making these pins the first 2 or 3 months but then stopped. I guess because I wasn't finding much use for them. This started -- what? a year ago? I think I've only used pins twice!

But they are so cute so I may try again soon. :D

19. Dalis

Yes, michelle! I miss your pins!

michelepixels likes this.
  20. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to