Cut out overlays? whose are they?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by cookingmylife, Nov 3, 2017.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

There seem to be a bunch of cut overlays in the gallery on pages from the Pollys. Whose are they cause I sure have missed seeing them for sale. Anyone help with these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

hmmm... that's a good question. Those are some beautiful cut outs. Maybe tag the pollys and ask them. They may have forgotten to credit them.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I know Liz has some... I'll go check the shop now.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    keepscrappin likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

Just Jaimee has these too.

[​IMG]

and these
    [​IMG]

And Fiddle-Dee-Dee has these in Dressed up and Dressed Down versions.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Sometimes the cut-outs are part of a template like on of the Just Jaimee Dakota ones Monica showed but in this case I think they're using 'cut-files' for a silhouette machine but using them within photoshop (or their prgoram of choice) with a digi paper clipped to them - if that makes sense. (There is a cut-files section in the store in case you have a silhouette cutting machine or similar)

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks all. I felt I had seen some in the store but didn't even know what to call them. I thought they looked like .svg files but I don't have or plan to have a Silhouette etc so I've not paid much attention them unless they already include .png files. But I do wish people would credit their items at least (NOT link) when they are not TLP store items.

keepscrappin and bbymks5 like this.
  9. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

If you have any of the super old M3 main kits they included cut files too :)

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Maureen, @cookingmylife I ended up making my own cut out with just lines as I decided I would scraplift the first one you showed by Isa for the challenge. I did not have an cut outs so I just used the polygonal lasso as well as made lines and I did some cut outs and blocking. I had fun with it.. Thanks for coming up with a fun challenge for me to tackle. I love playing with making something new!

Nemla, NancyBeck and keepscrappin like this.
  11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

There are tons of freebie cut files out there.

I have not tried this site but you could see if it works: http://svgtopng.com/

LMK if it does because I found a very long convoluted way to do it... and then promptly gave up after having to bring it into the Silhouette software (which you can DL free without having a Silhouette machine, BTW), do this and that to it, and then having to export it out and then having to do something else before it was a proper PNG I could use. I deleted all the SVGs I had downloaded in a fit of creative rage. :giggle

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If I recall correctly, can't you bring svg's into Photoshop CC now? I'd try it, but I'm on my laptop and only have PSE 11. And I know it doesn't work in PSE 11.

The triangles might just be a cut out in Photoshop? I've done that before too, and not mentioned it because it's not a cut file or anything, just shapes and shadows.

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  13. keepscrappin

Dang, my CC subscription ended yesterday, so I can't try that. I tried PSE 14 and it won't open svg files either but the site @LeeAndra suggested to convert svg files to png worked great. I just dropped a svg file in and it converted perfectly.

cfile likes this.
  14. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I downloaded some files from Paper Issues free but their format is not SVG and the converter mentioned by LeeAndra wouldn't work with them. Anyone else have suggestions??

cfile likes this.
  15. bestcee

What's the format?

16. keepscrappin

I used a Scrapping with Liz .svg file on the site LeeAndra suggested. I also saw a tutorial on the paper issues site (link on the free product page) that uses the silhouette software, but it looks complicated. Definitely not as easy as just using a svg or png like our TLP designers provide.

Maybe we should tag some of our TLP designers and let them know that we love the cut out background look and would love them to offer more of these types of products in the store in both png and svg formats. @Scrapping with Liz @gonewiththewind @justjaimee @LynnG

17. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I just tried it with a SwL SVG file (one from her Yummy cut outs, which I love!) and YES, you can open an SVG in PSCC. :)

18. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

They are .studio files

19. keepscrappin

@LeeAndra

After some google searches I figured out an easy way to get from studio format to png. NO OTHER SOFTWARE NEEDED.
    1. convert from studio to svg here.
    http://www.ideas-r-us-software.uk/FileConverters/SilhouetteStudioConverter.aspx
    2. Then convert from svg to png here.
    http://svgtopng.com/

Hope that helps!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    flowersgal, Mrivas and cfile like this.
  20. bestcee

.studio is silhouette.
    So, the silhouette software is a free download (no machine needed). I believe (but need to double check!) That you can open the studio file in the software, and then export as a PDF. A PDF will open in PSE or PSCC so that's a work around too.