Customer Service Question

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by NancyBeck, Jun 2, 2017.

1. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Hi everyone!

Does anyone use the "Digital Project Life" app? If so, I could use some help answering the following customer question.

I am looking to buy the Project Mouse #2 journaling kit. Will it work with the digital project life app or do I have to print them off?

Thank you!
    Nancy

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

They will 'work' but they will not show up as a card pack within the app. As long as the customer loads the PM cards somewhere she can access them from her phone or tablet- she should be able to import them just like a photo. The other issue with the app is it doesn't recognize outside cards as 'journaling' so she will have to journal on them on a different app. HTH! :)

3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm an Android user; my Note 4 unzips digital kits on it's own and throws them into my phones photo albums so I just upload the cards into the layout like a photo. I use the PixelLab app to add the journaling to the cards and the digital elements.

If you're an iPhone user I'm not sure what app will unzip the files for you, but you can download them onto your PC and dump them into DropBox and import as a photo that way and use the Over app to do the journaling and to add the elements.

Danyale likes this.
  4. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Basically the same for me, Android Note user and use other apps to edit photos and add journaling.

I think the easiest way for most anyone to do this is to purchase as normal product. Upload to a storage ( I have used Dropbox, works perfectly) then in the PL program, just pull it in like a photo. As she mentioned, journaling will have to happen before being pulled in, but I have been able to write with my Note pen as well (if they have that option, a pen, then it can be done)

bbymks5 likes this.
  5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I usually just load the completed PL layout into PixelLab and then do the journaling; I figured I'd do it that way and do the journaling and elements all at once vs loading the card into the PixelLab app, do the journaling, save the card to my phone and then load into the app. The great thing about PixelLab aside from saving at high res is the ability to download fonts from dafont.com and other font places and using them in the app.

I'm not sure if Over has the ability to load ttf fonts or not?

There's a Facebook Group called App Scrappers - Project Life that is dedicated to PL app and the use of other third party apps. There's a ton of information for iPhone users in there too.

Danyale likes this.