Critique My Layout

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by pbrooks, May 12, 2018.

1. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

Thank you so much! I will add some word art or a title. I just love your last sentence! I just noticed that I had already responded to your comment! LOL!

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've had some health problems that have thrown me off my forum and gallery game, but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. I **love** hanging out with my scrappy peeps.

I'm so glad you enjoy my templates. If you aren't already subscribed to my newsletter, make sure you are because I usually always have an extra 20% off new releases (on top of the sale price) and that code is only in my newsletter. Anyway, if you aren't subscribed, here's a link to do so: http://eepurl.com/pJbZv

bellbird likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Love your layout and what matters is that it feels like you and your art.
    Finding your feet in a new style takes time and pinning others' art can be inspirational.
    My last touches always include something dimensional like a string or ribbon, but that's me. You must do what makes you happy.

pbrooks likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I think it is perfect as is. Maybe a small date tucked in the corner so it is there but does not take away from the photo and blending of all the paint and flowers.

pbrooks likes this.
  5. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I'm happy to help, Pam, and I meant what I said. You're an amazing scrapper! I know I can end up driving myself crazy second-guessing myself, so I try not to, but I'm pretty sure we all do it to some extent. I just keep in mind that everyone's tastes are different. That's why some people are clean & simple, and others are like me...USE ALL THE STUFF! I strive to make my pages full of texture and relatively unique. I don't want someone looking at my gallery and think that all of my pages look really similar. That's just a personal goal I've set for myself.

I think that all of us being different and having varying perspectives and opinions is what makes this hobby (and The Pad in particular) absolutely fantastic. It has kept me personally addicted since 1997. ;) The creativity and inspiration we can find in each other is so, so wonderful, and I'm blown away on a regular basis by the talent of my fellow Pad peeps!

I guess my convoluted point is this. Find inspiration where you can, and take from it what makes you happy. If you get advice from people and it doesn't sit right with you, then completely ignore every bit of it. GUILT FREE! There is no right or wrong way to do a page. In the end, you only answer to you. For me, this beautiful hobby should give me both joy and document my memories. Once it stops doing those things, I'll stop being a scrapbooker (haha...like that will ever happen). I'm on this memorykeeping train forever, and I don't ever see me getting off. FULL STEAM AHEAD!! :D Happy scrapping, Pam!

pbrooks likes this.
  6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Your page is really beautiful the way it is. The brushes and paints you added go so well together. I'm surprised to read that you have just started experimenting with this style. I wouldn't tell!
    I really admire the clean look of your art journaling page (if that's a thing), but with my scrapping I'm not satisfied until I've used at least half the kit! So many goodies, and I want them all on my page. And yes, I don't know where to stop, so probably that's why most of my pages look the same. Anyway, if the page was mine, I would add a few things. I love creating dimension and texture with clusters of flowers, ribbons, maybe a little tag with the photo info (that's a great idea, I always forget about it). Maybe I'd erase parts of the frame with a soft brush. I don't know how it'd look, and probably I'd undo it, because it's really cool now. I don't know if I've helped or confused you more... :)
    I'm looking forward to see more pages from you!

pbrooks likes this.
  7. pbrooks

I always appreciate comments, thank you. I will keep your suggestions in mind, even if I don't use them on this layout, I may on the next. I'm working on adding photo info and a quote to my layout now. I've put some elements on it but I'm not sure what I am going to use.

cinderella likes this.
  8. pbrooks

Thank you! I have a couple of date elements on my layout, deciding which I prefer. I also have 4 pieces of word art, LOL!

cfile likes this.
  9. pbrooks

Thank you! Even if I don't add elements like string or ribbon on this layout, I will try doing it on another similar one just to try it out.