CraftArtist Software

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Sarah Patterson, Sep 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sarah Patterson

Sarah Patterson New Member

Hi I have been using Craft Artist software for a few years but the company have just stopped supplying digikits. Does anyone know if it is possible to pull Lilypad digikits into Craft Artist or if not what software can I use for the Lilypad digikits?

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

HI Sarah! Welcome to TLP! I I believe you can, but not 100% sure. Maybe you could try downloading a freebie to give it a try. Try here: Free Products I think jpg's, png's work, but don't think psd's or styles work.

I tried to see what files are compatible with the software, but I didn't have any luck in a quick google. I think there are a few scrappers that use this software though, so they can confirm. I think that Cynthia, aka @MrsPeel, uses CraftArtist, so she might be able to give more insight as to what does work, and doesn't work.
    @Sarah Patterson

NancyBeck likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

NancyBeck and jk703 like this.
  4. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Hi @Sarah Patterson . YES! It is totally possible. I use Craft Artist and import kits bought here at The Lily Pad all the time. If you decide to go ahead, let me know and I'll write you a tutorial. It can seem fiddly the first time you do it, but totally worth learning :) Thank you @Karen for drawing my attention to this thread :thumbsups FYI Sarah, @Nemla is also a CA girl!

NancyBeck and Karen like this.
  5. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@Sarah Patterson Welcome to The Pad, Sarah. We're so glad you found us. Like @Karen @jk703 Jenn and Karen said, we have some AMAZING scrappers here that use Craft Artist software. They are fantastic resources for inspiration and to use as knowledge bases; plus they are just the most super-sweet ladies!

KarenB. @KarenB is my personal favorite minimalist scrapper, and Cynthia @MrsPeel is just THE.BEST. PERIOD.

(I just love Jenn @jk703 and Karen @Karen too. So sweet and talented!)

We can't wait to see your additions to the gallery. Don't be shy. Jump on in. Once you're comfortable, take a look at the monthly challenges. They're not too hard, and they are fabulous inspiration. It's so great seeing all of the different perspectives and talents of this community. :beat

If you ever need anything, just let me know or post in the forums. Everyone here loves to help. I don't use Craft Artist (I'm a PS CC girl), but I'm happy to answer any questions or help you out with anything else you need. Happy Scrapping, Sarah!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  6. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Hi Sarah!

This is Nancy from Customer Service. I am so glad you posted here. I knew it would prove helpful. I sincerely hope we will be seeing more of you!

Nancy

7. KarenB

@londoncuppa Thank you so much for your kind words Margaret. I admire your pages too. Your comment has given me such a lift :beat
    :bk

8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Hi. Sorry just saw this, now. I am on holiday ,first welcome. @Sarah Patterson . As others have said there is absolutely no problem using lily pad kits in Craft Artist. I word of advice is that you can take all images from the kits including overlays and paper into Craft Artist through the photo tab,and leave it at that. Don't bother making them into craft Artist digikits by using the digikit creator, It is time consuming,and not necessary. Also if you leave them as they are after you have unzipped them, you can use them in any other program later,not just CA but once they are a CA kits and you have deleted the original,they are only good in CA ,so don't do that.
    You are welcome to ask questions,any time. But I am away and have no access to the programme at the moment. Enjoy your time here at the pad.

bestcee, KarenB and cfile like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome @Sarah Patterson Sarah to the pad! It seems you are in good hands with the ladies here. I am a PS CC person so unfortunately I don't have any info on Craft Artist for you,but you can't go wrong with the info from @Nemla Vivi, @KarenB Karen, @MrsPeel Cynthia and a few others here. So glad you found us, and I know you are going to love all the goodies here at the pad. Can't wait to see your pages in the gallery too! Enjoy!!

KarenB likes this.
  10. KarenB

@lmccandless Laura, did you see I replied to your pm? No hurry. Just checking you got it i.e. that I sent it correctly lol