Costumes | Pad Patter 10/18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Oct 18, 2017.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Now that Halloween is coming, I'm stressing a little. Not for me, but my boys. I've been asking here and there multiple times what they want to be for Halloween, but haven't yet gotten answers. Grrrr.... I told them they can't go trick or treating without a costume! :giggle I don't mind if they don't have a full blown costume, but something... a werewolf mask, a ripped plaid shirt, and sweatshirt will work!

We are going to head to Spirit Halloween store to look, but I don't have high hopes and actually dread the visit.

What easy costumes might be a good idea?
    What have your kids been in the past?

Last year, the boys were a Hot Dog and a Wavy Man (like the wind man that you see at Garage Sales). They've also been BatDad, a Zombie Hunter, Darth Vader, Firemen, a giant Sumo Wrestler. So, we could re-use a couple of those worse comes to worse.

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well, my youngest (11) is obsessed with cows. This summer for our work picnic the theme was county fair and he wanted to be a cow (they give amazing prizes if you dress up according to the theme) So I ordered him a cow costume and told him that would also be for Halloween... so he's double happy there. My oldest just told me that he wants to use the same costume as last year, storm trooper. So Yay for me!

Now a skeleton could be fun, dark sweatshirt and sweat pants and take white strips of felt and safety pin them to the front? Back face paint with a white skull? (depends on how much your boys will help you and how much would be left to you). Also one year my hubby bought a bag of purple balloons and taped them to his shirt and he was a bunch of grapes. That's easy! Otherwise, Ninja is always easy. Wear all black and do a black handkerchief over the face and head with a plastic sword... Or a pirate... loose baggy white shirt, pants with socks pulled up over to the knees (use those soccer socks!) and a bandana over the head. :)

jk703 likes this.
  3. jk703

Ooooo... great ideas, Karen! I love the skeleton! I bet I could find some glow in the dark white skeleton stickers to stick to the sweatpants. Plus... I can keep and they/he could use the sweatpants again!

Karen likes this.
  4. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

My daughter is going as Mrs. Potts. I scored an amazing costume about four years ago at a consignment sale-- when the costume was WAY too big for her. Last year it finally fit! I made her a Chip bucket from a plastic flower pot to use as a trick-or-treat basket. She loved the costume so much, that's what she wants to be again.

IMG_1516.JPG

jk703 and BevG like this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Here are 3 my son threw together at the last moment. Frodo, headless horseman, nerdy. "costume.rar not found"
    costumes.jpg

MrsPeel, Karen and jk703 like this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Now the dd has been collecting "onesies" for quite awhile, so she will probably wear one of those. She has Eyore, a cow, a dragon, and a tiger. Although, there is a rumor that she may wear a flowery dress and be Lilo while her friend is Stitch.

7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

The easiest costume my son ever did was Where's Waldo...

fbIMG_5095 4x6.jpg
    (Clara was Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's that year)

MrsPeel, Karen and jk703 like this.
  8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My daughter has been a pumpkin, Elmo, a kitty cat, a princess riding a unicorn, Little Red Riding Hood, Dorothy, and this year a knight.

My son has been The Big Bad Wolf, The Scarecrow, and this year a dragon.

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

@BevG I love the error costume :lol

My son's last minute costumes have included torn old clothes to be a zombie and a big piece of fabric with glued on felt diamond shapes for some kind of wizard or something like that.

All 3 of mine have put much thought into their costumes this year, which is normal for my girls, and a first for my son, who is still making up his mind.

Good luck! I'm pretty easygoing about things, but I too think at least a little effort should be made for a costume if a kid will go trick or treating.

Oh! My own favorite easy costume for years was a black tail that tied around my hips and ears on a headband I bought as a set long ago. I just wore black pants and a black sweatshirt. Once I wore white tennis shoes and said I had white paws. :)

I've also got a big orange jack-o-lantern t-shirt. Or they make those trash bags with a jack-o-lantern design. Could be stuffed with newspapers or packing material to turn a kid into a jack-o-lantern.

jk703 likes this.
  10. jk703

11. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

In the past we did Wreck it Ralph (Vanellope, Ralph and Felix), Super Mario (Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach), Peter Pan (with our new baby as Tinkerbell), and Star Wars (R2D2, Han Solo, Luke and Leia).
    I fell behind this year in figuring out our theme so we have something "last minute" (we have a couple parties this weekend). Pac-Man and Mrs. Pac-Man and 2 ghosts.

jk703 likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We just went to Spirit Halloween a couple of weeks ago and before that DS was undecided whether or not he was going to trick-or-treat or not. He ended up just getting a mask, like one of the ones they wore in the movie The Purge, and a fake baseball bat. He's just going to wear normal street clothes. It's easy, but still kind of creepy!

Last year, he just wore his Minecraft Creeper jacket that zips up over the face. The year before that we went all out with liquid latex to make cuts on his face and hair paint...he was Jeff the Killer.

Karen likes this.
  13. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Our District Office Halloween party is a "Punny Halloween" celebration. So, since we are the technology department, we are going as Identity Thieves. Super easy....like this...
    [​IMG]

michelepixels, MrsPeel and jk703 like this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

15. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

16. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I like Bart's outfit ... its pretty scary!

[​IMG]

bbymks5 likes this.
  17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I kissed the frog

amandac likes this.
  18. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

The only thing that's scary about Spirit Halloween store is their prices!! Sign up for the coupons before you go! Also, check Goodwill!! My daughter originally wanted to be a unicorn for Halloween, so I got her a pair of unicorn onsie pj's from Target...well then she changed her mind and wanted to be a scary clown for Halloween, so we hit up Goodwilll and found her scary clown costume, that looked like it had been worn once for less than $10.00!! We also found the youngest a couple Star Wars costumes that were all less than $10.00 and were complete costumes.

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhh I am LOVING these photos especially, after cracking up with Karen's costume thread @ Halloween Bash forum.... I wish Sarita was still little so I could dress up again LOL

[​IMG]

20. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday