*CLOSED, WINNER ANNOUNCED* Lilypad Nostalgia... First Kit

Discussion in 'iNSD Party Pad' started by yellowpeep, Apr 22, 2017.

1. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

I sorta cheated and looked at my order history..it looks like the very first thing I bought at The Lilypad was Micheline Martin's Cardboard Eater alpha (now retired) which is really funny because I just used that alpha on a page yesterday!! I bought it in January of 2012..man where has the time gone?
    [​IMG]

2. umyesh

umyesh Swooning for warm bread & butter

3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

First kit was by Laurie Ann
    Flea market Chic. I still love it, as I do all her stuff, and I miss her ...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

According to my order history, 5/1/15 was my first purchase (iNSD - the year I came to the Pad) and it appears to be Storyteller - so I must have actually purchased a subscription first. I was dipping my feet back into scrapbooking in early 2015. Because I had made time to start digital scrapbooking again, I dug up all my old downloaded freebies, and then hunted down designer newsletters. I had signed up for several during previous DigiScrapParade hops. Jaimee's newsletter must have grabbed my attention - and/or Pick your Prize threads! :giggle

My first purchase looks like Storyteller Raine and Quinn, with the Family Matters TLP collab. The next day, I bought Allison's mini kit specials.

My first layouts here at the pad were all for iNSD challenges, using Raine, a mini, and the Collab:

AllisonPennington likes this.
  5. RJMJ

RJMJ Active Member

First Kit?...First Kits I Purchased Here Were Actually Purchased With A Gift Card That I Won On Facebook From
    Little Butterfly Wings...So It's Actually Not just One Kit But Several Bundles & 1 Kit!...That's How I Discovered Her Wonderful Designs & The Lilypad:

Butterfly Basics:Grateful Edition:Bundle:Little Butterfly Wings

upload_2017-5-6_4-33-55.jpeg

Butterfly Basics:Travel Edition:Bundle:Little Butterfly Wings

upload_2017-5-6_4-36-17.jpeg

Santa Claus is Coming:Bundle(Not In The Store Anymore)...This Is A Gorgeous Bundle & I Still Use It Frequently To Make Xmas Cards & Do Layouts...Several Layouts I Made Are In My Gallery...I'll Just Upload Pics Of The Elements & Flairs...Not The Whole Bundle...

prvw_lbw_santaclausiscoming.jpg

lbw_santaclausiscoming_flairs_pv.jpg

Lastly...Think Happy Thoughts:Kit:Little Butterfly Wings:

I Still Love This Kit Also...Used It During MOC5 For Several Challenges...

upload_2017-5-6_4-46-19.jpeg

6. A-M

A-M Looking for my name in lights

It was this weekend last year that I joined up here and had so much fun . I bought kits to be able to take part in challenges and the first layout I shared in the gallery used mostly - Gentle Rain by Etc by Danyale.

[​IMG]
    Here is my layout ( and sadly Mr Froggy died late last year )

[​IMG]

7. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

I have only been scrapping at the Lilypad for a year and a bit so it wasn't hard to find my first kit.

[​IMG]

My first page at the Lilypad was made with products brought over from Scrap Orchard, but my second one was done with this kit and I have always loved it!

[​IMG]

8. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

9. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Kiss for you Bart!

10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohh my!!!!!! this thread has make me feel the nostalgia allright!!!!!!!!!!!
    I actuallyt spent at least 3 years buying here before I came to the gallery to share my pages.....
    My first page wasn't the ones you can see in page 146 (last/forst) in my gallery, because I (dumb brain of mine) didn't realuize I already had an account so, when I fionally decided to come post, qwhen Paula was a guest designer back in 2013 February, I made this account.
    When I signed for the M3 memebership, we needed to have the same account for the store and gallery, so I asked laura if it was possible to get rid of one of them...she did.
    The first kit I can't honestly remember, but I know I bought a lot from Kay Winiecki (who retired last year) and Sahlin Studio. One opf the main I remember was that after I got the same freebie kit as @LoveItScrapIt Kiana, I loved it so so much, I thought it was so generous to give away something so amazing, I went to her store and bought two collabs she had: one was the Kistchy Kitchen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the other was Art & Soul
    [​IMG]

now my very first page i this account was with Paula's Amore Mio
    [​IMG]

and I used an alpha from CD Mukcosky which is still one of my very faves Free Spirit
    [​IMG]

and here is the page, I don't really like it that much these days, but I remember loving it when I first made it..
    [​IMG]

now I am going to go and update the credits as the system changed...I think my OCD personality NEEDS to do it LOL

klee73010 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  11. sandsock

sandsock If you need me I'll be on my island

I remember being in awe of you Cynthia! I loved your style and then I found out that you are such a sweet woman as well!

I think my first kit that I bought here was kitschy christmas...I have since lost the kit and only have the pieces I used on
    2 layouts. But I didn't shop here again because something always went wrong with my order. The days of weird tech problems! It wasn't such a loss as I did not buy much, because I more looked at the pretty kits and dreamed of how they would look on a page. I had "put everything I like on a page" syndrome and they always looked messy and over filled! I kept at it and now can edit and fix pages and generally keep working until I like a page. I also quit dreaming and started playing...that was the smartest move I made!!!
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. JaneAgain

JaneAgain Active Member

When I first started scrapping it was just for fun and I spent a while only using freebies. When I decided to make a book, I figured I could spend money on a kit, and this was the first one I bought:

[​IMG]

I still love it.

13. Iowan

Iowan Can I speed walk with the scissors?

Fun game

My first kit was Dandelion Days for Forever Joy
    upload_2017-5-6_16-30-49.jpeg

and here is my page.
    [​IMG]

14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo not a dirty trickster - a CLEAN one!

this has to be one of my favorite threads...
    [​IMG]

yellowpeep likes this.
  15. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

I kissed the frog!

16. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. Stacy

Stacy Active Member

I came tt the pad by way of another site and someone mentioning MOC. I think before that I had been by but never made a purchase until MOC 16. My first kit was Sunkissed by Bella Gypsy and I also purchased First of May by Amber LaBau and scrapped the entire MOC with only those 2 kits!! I really think it was easier then when I didn't have so many choices to make befo0re I scrapped a page!!

upload_2017-5-6_21-8-59.png

And I think this was my first layout with it!
    [​IMG]

klee73010 likes this.
  18. Frumpje

Frumpje Well-Known Member

I had to go look! Was pretty sure it was Kate Hadfield, but it was Just Jaimee Storyteller 2014 october.
    Better didn't go watch... now I know how much I have spend here already over the last few years :D

upload_2017-5-7_9-23-24.png

19. MelanieB

MelanieB Pollywog

Love this idea, Liana!

I found the Lilypad via Pinterest four years ago around iNSD 2013!!! I had found a pin about an easy-peasy 4x6 mini-album & I was hooked. I made one for my trip to Hawaii using my first digital scrapbooking products ever purchased: Lili's photo templates & Kate's alphas:

lili_4x6photocollages1_preview.jpg
    upload_2017-5-7_19-56-52.png upload_2017-5-7_19-57-20.png hawaii-mini.jpg

20. MelanieB

MelanieB Pollywog

And Bart is loving all this nostalgia, too! :)

upload_2017-5-7_19-58-27.png