*CLOSED, WINNER ANNOUNCED* Lilypad Nostalgia... First Kit

Discussion in 'iNSD Party Pad' started by yellowpeep, Apr 22, 2017.

1. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

Hi Pad Scrappers!
    Today I'm hosting a nostalgic "getting to know you" thread about your past here at the Lilypad. Many people remember their first kiss but do you remember your first... kit?
    I do.
    It was "In My Own Backyard" by Allison Pennington.
    [​IMG]
    In 2012 when I first learned about digiscrapping I came here to the Lilypad because it was highly recommended (and for good reason). As I perused the store, my attention was captured by Pennington's rainbowy, doodly goodness and I was hooked from then on. When Allison decided to retire the kit earlier this year, I felt a weird sense of sadness. Don't get me wrong, I always get sad and nostalgic during the Retirement Sale but retiring this particular kit was like watching someone give away my childhood crib. That kit was the one that first propelled me into digiscrapping. It was the one that inspired me to make my first layout:
    [​IMG]
    I felt compelled to write to Allison to share how much that particular kit meant to me. She wrote back and shared memories of her first kit. We both thought this kind of sharing would be great way to find out more about your history here at the Pad during iNSD.
    So, please take a moment to stroll down Memory Lane with us and share the first kit you ever got from the Lilypad and what brought you here. We'd love to see your first Lilypad layout if you want to share it, too.
    The game closes at 11am EDT on Tuesday, May 9th. After that time, I will randomly select a participant in this thread to win a $3 Lilypad gift certificate.
    Thanks for playing! Can't wait to hear about your history here at the Lilypad!

WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT:
    Thank you all for playing!! It was wonderful to read all the stories of the different ways you came to the Lilypad and what you did when you got here.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    According to the random # generator, 58 is the magic number!

So, @merank Meredith, you're the lucky winner! Congratulations!!

I will be contacting you shortly about your prize. Happy iNSD everyone!

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    umyesh, Juliestcyr, bbymks5 and 4 others like this.
  2. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I think my first kit was from Valorie Wibbens - Make Lemonade
    [​IMG]

and my first page (with kit)
    [​IMG]

This was one of the reason's I knew I would stay at The Lilypad - the lovely welcoming and encouraging comments of my first layout gave me such a happy feeling - and here I am closing in on 500 layouts and still loving The Lilypad!

michele hillam, jesskab and bellbird like this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo not a dirty trickster - a CLEAN one!

I came in to a Lily Pad of giggles and heart happy. @talktoheather 's sweetie proposed IN the forum or gallery? I can't remember it real clear, but I thought what an amazing guy!
    I downloaded the free template (from Amy Martin) for the challenge. Then opened up Krista's then it was a freebie on her blog
    some Karah's freebie Splatterifics and then Tangie wasn't here, used her Mercado Salvage paper!
    [​IMG]
    and created my first page for the Lily Pad
    [​IMG]
    That Friday, I feel into bliss with the February 2011 BYOC....ooooh I spent some duckets that day!!!!

4. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Well-Known Member

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I think I need 2 million

I didn't start here, but my first kit from a TLP designer was Sweet Storytelling, I think I got it free a few years ago.
    [​IMG]

I used it for the first Lo I ever posted here too. Back in Dec. 2015. Wow...it hasn't been that long, but it seems like forever.
    [​IMG]

6. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

I started with this kit from Sahlin,

[​IMG]

my page...

[​IMG]

I've used this one a few more times, it's one of my fall-back kits.

7. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

my 1st layout at lily

[​IMG]

this one shows the kit better

[​IMG]

both made with

alabau-bybecca_joyeux_folder.jpg

TLP-retirement-ad_2017.jpg
    retired

5/2017

Attached Files:

8. BevG

BevG Reformed trickster!

I followed @gonewiththewind here, first in her guest spot, and then when she joined the team.
    The first kit I purchased with money was @LynnG' Bergen Kit. It is still a favorite of mine.
    [​IMG]

My first TLP layout used content from Fiddle-Dee-Dee and Bella Gypsy (both from their previous store). Layout was created once they became designers here - Jan 2016.
    [​IMG]

Juliestcyr, jesskab and bellbird like this.
  9. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Member

10. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Technically the first kit I bought was by Kaye Winiecki, but it was for party decorations, not scrapping. My first kit for scrapping was Cord Crazy Shapes by Kim Jensen & she commented on my page. Little did I know I'd be on her team a few years later.
    KimJensen_CordCrazy_Shapes-preview.jpg
    My layout
    [​IMG]

klee73010, Juliestcyr and bellbird like this.
  11. scrappin2girls

scrappin2girls Well-Known Member

12. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Based on my gallery it looks like one of my first kits was by Valorie Wibbens, Roses are Red (Retired).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    klee73010, jenn mccabe and jesskab like this.
  13. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Thug Life's Al Penn

The first kit I purchased anywhere was a Laurie Ann kit (miss her stuff) but I had to look to see what my first kit purchase at TLP was. I'm totally surprised - I'd always remembered @sahlink Grunge as my first kit purchase here but apparently I bought Message, a collab by @Kate & Gabi, the day before. :) I don't think I ever used it which is terrible because it's an amazing kit!

_khadfield_edbygabi_message.jpg

:)

klee73010, Juliestcyr, Serena and 4 others like this.
  14. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I came to TLP and was so excited that there was an Art Journal forum and saw this -
    http://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/what-is-art-journaling.20341/
    And I loved Mishou's (AKA former designer Michelle Godin/ Quirky Heart) definition of Art Journaling. I was struggling with definitions, and reading books and realizing that I wasn't any good at art journaling with physical paint and paper.
    but I wanted to try digi.
    I bought Michelle Godin's Black & White Quirky Bits & Moody Blues
    and Lynne Marie's Mixed Media which I used on

[​IMG]

This is the first week of my first art journal challenge in July 2013

[​IMG]

15. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

My first purchases were because I wanted to scrap my wedding photos. I posted one page (for Krista's monthly template challenge I think?) and disappeared for several months before finally getting active here and scrapping again.

So I bought Wedding Bliss by Laurie Ann (retired), Blessed by Sahlin Studio and Presslines no. 13 (Wedding) by Paislee Press.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

and my first page posted here
    [​IMG]

16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi Don't Pass the Diet Coke!

I don't have the previews but the first thing I bought here was Winter Games by Kate Hadfield

Juliestcyr, jesskab and bellbird like this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

hmmm.... it may mean looking for it on a DVD (how i used to backstuff up) but i think they were some doodles of Kate's that i'm pretty sure are retired now
    [​IMG]

jesskab likes this.
  18. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Oh my gosh, I may not be scrapping for a really long time (since 2012) but it was the first place I felt was like home. I loved how active the forums are and how nice everyone is! I started here with the Summer Bucket List in 2012, it's still in the store:
    [​IMG]

And this is the page I made with it, my first here:
    [​IMG]

AllisonPennington and sahlink like this.
  19. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Well-Known Member

I followed several designers over from a site that closed and jumped right into the MOC 2016; my first official purchase here was from Kristin Aagard BYOC from January 2016

[​IMG]

and my first layout here

[​IMG]

wvsandy likes this.
  20. Eyeore

Eyeore Hippity Hop Hippity Hop

I so cannot remember and went with my first layout in the gallery for MOC 2014 January 1st.
    [​IMG]
    Which uses this kit by One Little Bird and her shadow styles - still use them on every. single. layout.
    [​IMG]

LoveItScrapIt likes this.