**CLOSED**Scrapping Tip Of The Day | Game

Discussion in 'iNSD Party Pad' started by bcgal00, Apr 30, 2017.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I save as .tiff so I can see the previews in windows. I've always saved as tiff with the layers. It's smaller than PSD and gives me the file preview. Here's a screen shot of the settings I use.

Attached Files:

bcgal00 likes this.
  2. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Member

Thanks, Kayla... I will try that and see what happens!

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Member

Wow... my file as a psd is 73MB, as a tif it is only 36.6MB. When saved as a psd with the white layer it is 47MB. Seems like saving as a tif is the best option! Curious why this isn't the standard?

4. keepscrappin

Also if you merge your clipped layers and trim your layout you can save file space.

To trim everything outside the bounds of your layout in PSE, from the menu bar choose Select >All, that will give you marching ants around your layout. Then, choose IMAGE > CROP. Next, ctrl D to deselect and then save as a tiff. HTH

bcgal00 likes this.
  5. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Wow! Thank you so much!! I'm actually on my kindle eating dinner - but I will take a look later! I really appreciate you looking! :)

bcgal00 and keepscrappin like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels Be a something you love and understand

Definitely! I'm a compulsive saver, saving repeatedly throughout the process of making a page, sometimes hitting Command-S after just having added one more element.

bcgal00 likes this.
  7. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

In the last week or so I have started using filters to add texture to my photos to make them look more realistic. It really bothered me that I would add styles to give texture and shadow, but have these photos that just looked too... flat and digital.

(1) Add film grain (Filters-Artistic-Film Grain). My standard settings is Grain: 2, Highlight Area:0, Intensity:1
    (2) Add texturizer (Filters-Texture-Texturizer). Using the Sandstone texture from the dropdown menu, My standard settings is Scaling: 60% Relief:2.

You may need to play with the settings based on your photo size and composition. You are going for something subtle, but that adds a little depth.

bcgal00 likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee No pictures? Use your imagination!

9. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

It brightens shaded part of the picture without making the whole picture brighter! I use it a lot on our pictures because when we take selfies, almost always one or the other of us is in a shadow!

10. grrfluudy

11. keepscrappin

Awesome! I didn't know about this little gem. I'm gonna give it a try next time I have harsh shadows. Thanks for explaining!

kendrawalter and bcgal00 like this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic my house is protected by killer dust bunnies

I am so saving all these tips and tricks for when I have more time to read through them all!!

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I think I need 2 million

Yes me too!!!

IntenseMagic and bcgal00 like this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Photo Shop

Color of an item doesn't match your page? Use Hue adjustment to correct colors. Click on the circle in the layer pallet and add a hue adjustment layer. Make sure when the window pops up you select the little box at the bottom to make the hue adjustment layer a clipping mask. Now you can use the default/master specifications, and use the sliders, however I select the color hue I want to change. If the item has a purple color to it and I want to change that to another color, I select the "master" selection and change that to magenta and then use the slider to change the color. if there is another color I want to change I then select that and continue to adjust the other color. By using the clipping mask, it clips only to that item and will only change the color on that item only.

Here is a sample.. the paint behind my photo was neon pink from LBW's May 2017 BYOC YOLO Paints I adjusted the hue to change it to green and then turquoise for the other circle.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Feeling lazy with my coffee and book

Photoshop:

• To change the color of an element/brush layer, you can choose a color and brush and then above the layers palette (on the right) click the lock icon which will lock the layer and the colored brushstrokes you apply will only transfer onto the product, not anywhere else.

17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife you will NOT find me on the Kingda Ka

Another person who'll have to save this to read later. Thank you all!

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. gduncan

gduncan Active Member

This is not a software tip, but thought I would share for those of you who have hundreds of FONTS like I do! http://new.wordmark.it/ You can type in the word or phrase you are wanting to use, then hit enter. It will show those words in all of your fonts. You can click on your favorite ones, then hit "filter". It will bring up only the ones you chose. I love it, and I use it often. You may already know about this! It's free!

cfile, bcgal00, keepscrappin and 2 others like this.
  19. grrfluudy

Thanks for the reminder!! I used to use this all the time, and I totally forgot about it! It was so helpful!! :)

20. Iowan

Iowan Can I speed walk with the scissors?

This thread is a goldmine of great information.:compcoffee:compcoffee:compcoffee:compcoffee:byay:circles