*CLOSED* All New TLP {Digital} ATC Swap 018: February '17

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by jenevang, Feb 3, 2017.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

******The Votes Are In******
    Do NOT show your card in this thread until after the files are delivered!
    #anticipationisfun

Welcome to the TLP ATC Swap 018! We are shaking things up in 2017!

[​IMG]

We are going DIGITAL with our Artist Trading Cards. What does this mean?
    • No more paying for postage. #savingthebucks
    • No more sending your cards to Staples or mailing them to me. #savingmorebucks
    • No more waiting once the deadline passes. #instantgratification

Let me tell you exactly how this will work...

First of all, I always start by saying that you should NOT ever let the fact that you are just jumping on board stop you... everyone is more than welcome! At any time!

You really should give it a try!

Here's a peek at my album from a few months ago.

[​IMG]

And here is a cool process video of Laura's ATC from July 2016.

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/watch-me-scrap-an-atc-card-process-video.44008/#post-763988

We would love to see more folks participating and all scrapping styles are welcome! Art journal, Mixed Media, Clean and Simple, paper scrap. It's still YOUR creation, just a smaller canvas.

It has been so fun collecting these and you will LOVE IT when you start seeing an album will with these little bits of art from our TLP friends.

[​IMG]

For those of you unfamiliar with Artist Trading Cards, you are gonna love this! Feel free to google or check Pinterest for all kinds of inspiration!
    So here we are ready to go!

TLP ATC 018

Here's how it will work...

1. You create ONE OR MORE cards. Easy, peasy! Each card should be 2.5 in x 3.5 in (64 mm × 89 mm). SUPER IMPORTANT: Although the card you will upload needs to be web resolution (72dpi), the card you send me MUST be FULL resolution (300dpi). Otherwise, they will not print well!

2. Please create a back as well. On the back of each card please label them with your name, date, theme, the label "TLP ATC 018" and credits. You can get really creative with this (check out Pinterest) or it can be plain... your choice.

3. Anyone who wants to participate simply needs to E-MAIL ME your card. My e-mail address is jenevang @ gmail dot com. The Subject line MUST SAY "TLP ATC 018". The card should be attached to the e-mail or you can link me up to it somewhere that I can download it full-sized (like dropbox). Please send me the FRONT and the BACK of the card. If you choose to create a front only (which is fine), you must also send me a text file that includes the information that goes on the back... see above.

4. Comment in THIS THREAD that you have sent me your card. Once I receive it and get it in the Dropbox folder that will be shared with all participants, I will add your name to this 1st post. If you do not see your name in this post, I do not have your card and you will not receive access to the files after the deadline.

***THEME***
    This month for February '17 is MOC Awesome :giggle . This month we are going to use the cards that you already created for the MOC challenge hosted by @Karen! #youarewelcome. Now, if you want to create a new card or if you didn't do that challenge in the month of January, that's totally OK. You can still play along and we definitely want you to! You will just need to create a card that includes paint or a stamp and a quote (like the challenge required). The specific theme is up to you!

They can be ANY STYLE you want... mixed media/art journal, or clean and simple. I loved the variety of the previous swap cards. It's up to you and your creativity!

THE DEADLINE FOR CARD COMPLETION IS THURSDAY FEBRUARY 23rd.

I will send out a link to the DropBox folder that contains all participants cards by the next Monday (hopefully the next day). I will send this to the e-mail address you originally used to send me your card.

Anyone who has NOT sent me their card by that night at MIDNIGHT EST (if your name is not in this post) will NOT be sent the link to the Dropbox folder.

And anyone who HAS sent me a card (your name is totes in this post), will receive a link to the awesome goodness that is your TLP peeps' creativity and art! SO.COOL.

[​IMG]

I'll send a template you can use to print the cards in that DB folder and will be happy to help with that part of it if anyone needs it.

Other stuff: Please use at least 75% TLP products and LET'S HAVE FUN SWAPPING!

[​IMG]

FAQ:
    Q: Can we use these in our scrapbook pages?
    A: You CAN use the ATC in your scrapbook pages BUT YOU MUST credit both the artist that created the card AND the products/designer used in the card (the credits from the back).

For example...

ATC from Awesome Scrapper using Awesome Kit by Awesome Designer

Q: How do we print these out?
    A: TO FOLLOW

Q: How do we store these?
    A: I am using a white 3 ring binder like THIS and I put a custom cover in the front. And the cards fit perfectly in baseball card sleeves like THIS. It's gorgeous, but I actually need a thicker binder now!

Q: Can I upload these to the gallery?
    A: Absolutely! With proper credits to the designer and products used, of course. But DO.NOT.UPLOAD.FULL.SIZED. It's never a good idea to upload anything that can be print ready because of size, of course, but also ease of DL and printing by anyone. #protectyourart

To recap: 72dpi (web resolution) for gallery and 300dpi (full resolution) emailed to me

1. @Jeanet
    2. @wombat146
    3. @zippyoh
    4. @mcurtt
    5. @LoveItScrapIt
    6. @Rikki
    7. @Dalis
    8. @jagruti patel
    9. @lmjrocko
    10. @Karen

11. @merank
    12. @lmccandless
    13. @jwalls39
    14. @emileem
    15. @keepscrappin
    16. @Mylinn
    17. @Iowan
    18. @JenniferJ
    19. @wvsandy
    20. @tam65

21. @bestcee
    22. @misslovescraps
    23. @Nemla
    24. @Frumpje
    25. @jenn mccabe
    26. @michele hillam
    27. @angiekey
    28. @Roxana
    29. @michelepixels
    30. @kimingvtx

31. @Celeste
    32. @BevG
    33. @Squirrely (x2)
    34. @Firstoscartgrouch
    35. @patsyt
    36. @purlz76
    37. @bbachand
    38. @busywoman139
    39. @tinkerbell1112
    40. @Cath_

41. @Chippi
    42. @Sunberry2
    43. @chastml
    44. @lizziej
    45. @rchansen
    46. @ta_merkins
    47. @elwaechter (x2)
    48. @klee73010
    49. @amandac
    50. @mnjenlittle

51. @RJMJ
    52. @destiney1
    53. @ziesenil
    54. @bbymks5
    55. @Bellisae
    56. @dailydwelling
    57. @jenevang

:woot All Done! If you sent me a card and your name is NOT on this list... HOLLER AT ME VIA PM or EMAIL. Thanks!

They should all be sent to you soon. You are going to be BLOWN AWAY.

Just so you know, I will be sending you all a DB folder that you will need to open. In it will be each person's card and a template you can use for printing. HOWEVER... b/c I love you so much, I have already put each card into a template for you and will be sending these as JPGs that will be ready to print.

To Print: You can print them yourself, of course, or through any place that prints (like an office supply store). Then you will cut them out and put them in your books. It will be so fun! I can't wait to show you! (seriously, I'm sort of giddy about it)

Be back soon!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@jenevang Just a suggestion, maybe the template can be 5" x 3.5"... You can divide the template in half, do your front on one side, the back on the other side. Then when it is printed out, you can fold it and glue them together. What to you think???

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    bestcee and scrapsandsass like this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@jenevang Okay, maybe I'm lurking. You wanted us to e-mail you, but what is your e-mail? Or is it a PM?

4. jenevang

Great Idea! I love this. Probably easier than 2 sided printing. I'll include both options in the download!

Thanks, e-mails are much easier for me to keep up with b/c I can put them in folders and search by that title from above. I will add it above. It's jenevang @ gmail dot com . Thanks.

mcurtt likes this.
  5. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

The MOC was the first ATC I did. It was fun...might have to get in on this!!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Do it! It's a lot of fun! I love my binder full of beautiful cards.

7. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Can you use them on your digital pages as long as you credit whoever made them?

8. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

I'm in :)

I've sent you a mail. I couldn't see if we were supposed to upload them to the gallery so I did it anyway

[​IMG]

Iowan, londoncuppa and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  9. JenniferJ

JenniferJ Ain't nothing that a Krispy Kreme can't fix

I'm still fairly new here so I am sure this is a dumb question but are we allowed to use the cards in layouts as long as we provide credits that were sent with them or how would that work?

10. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Oh!! I will send you a few..

11. jenevang

You know, this is tricky. Let me check with someone above my pay grade. I'll be back and let you know!

12. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I have another question. I totally want to play and I'll be back with my card and stuff. But... how do we save these cards. What are the options for storage after printing?? Is it a binder like real sports cards???

13. jenevang

OK... there's the scoop on this!

You CAN use the ATC in your scrapbook pages BUT YOU MUST credit both the artist that created the card AND the products/designer used in the card (the credits from the back).

For example...

ATC from Awesome Scrapper using Awesome Kit by Awesome Designer

Clear? If you use these, it's critical they are credited properly :). THANKS! (I'll add this to top post)

busywoman139 and Dalis like this.
  14. jenevang

Added this to the top post as well but I am using a white 3 ring binder like THIS and I put a custom cover in the front. And the cards fit perfectly in baseball card sleeves like THIS. It's gorgeous, but I actually need a thicker binder now!

LoveItScrapIt and wombat146 like this.
  15. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

I am in Jen! sounds like fun and I love ATC's!

jenevang likes this.
  16. jenevang

17. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

18. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

Just sent an e-mail with mine @jenevang . I'm new at making at ATCs, so I hope I did this right.

Thanks so much for putting this together. This was one of my favorite challenges last month!

Karen likes this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm not in THIS month but I'll be in March. I hope.

jenevang likes this.
  20. jenevang

OK... so this has changed my life :giggle

I am currently plugging in the cards we get this way so I'll be able to send a letter sized jpeg in the DL folder. Ready to print, baby! This means that:

1. Everyone really should do a back.
    2. It doesn't HAVE to be white anymore :).
    3. I love you forever @mcurtt ... well, I already did, but I love you more now!

KarenB, Mylinn, klee73010 and 3 others like this.