Cereal | Pad Patter 5.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 20, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm sitting here having a huge bowl of Chocolate Frosted Flakes! I very seldom have cereal for breakfast. My go-to is 2 hard boiled eggs and an English muffin, but I just wasn't feeling it today. I much prefer cereal for a snack and I love frosted flakes with or without milk. I don't eat a lot of sweets, so it's my choice when I do get a sweet tooth. I love lots of different cereals, but some of my favorites besides FFs are Golden Grahams, Raisin Bran, and Crunch Berries, just not for breakfast :giggle. It's my kiddos favorite snack, too.

What about you? Do you like cereal? Hot or cold? With our without milk? Sugary or healthy? Just for breakfast or any time of day?

cfile likes this.
  2. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I can't even tell you the last time I had a bowl of cereal. It's not that I don't like cereal. I just don't really drink a whole lot of milk. When I was pregnant with Cole, though, I ate a lot of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I craved that stuff.

When I ate cereal I liked: Captain Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios and Special K with Berries.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

we use boxed cereals as pudding sometimes, as they are very high in sugar and fairly sweet. We make our own breakfasts from scratch.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I love cereal. There are cereals in our cupboard that the kids aren't allowed to eat because if I share with them, then there isn't any left me! I like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Golden Grahams, and I used to love Lucky Charms before they changed the ingredients. Now I don't like the cereal part. Oh, and I like Quaker Oats Maple and brown sugar. No other oatmeal. And it has to be HOT and the perfect amount of water--not too much.

Cereal must have milk. And it must be cold.

jesskab and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

Love cereal at any time of day!

Snack w/no milk: Cracklin' Oat Bran

Breakfast: Captain Crunch, Frosted Flakes (I've never tried chocolate ones), Raisin Bran, Oatmeal Almond Crisp, Chocolate Cheeerios (not the ones with crunches), Rice Krispies, and probably more I'm just not thinking of!

Hot Cereal: Only Cream of Wheat and only with buttered toast.

That being said, my go to cereal for breakfast is Kelloggs Mini Wheats Unfrosted - no salt, no sugar.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

We really like cereal in my house. My husband and daughter prefer the junk food cereals like Froot Loops, Cap’n Crunch, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch... but I have been buying a lot of Cheerios lately in an attempt to healthy up our cereal eating a bit. There are some Peach Cheerios out now that are really good!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My hubby eats Raisin Bran Crunch and our grandson likes Cheerios. I haven't had cereal in ages, but I used to like anything sugary.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love cereal! Hot and cold, with and without milk, sugary and healthy, any time of day. Lately my go-to breakfast is Quaker (other brands just don't taste the same) instant oatmeal with chia added. I grew up eating cold cereal and milk every single morning for breakfast and I could do it for the rest of my life. My healthy cereal choice is Kashi Cinnamon Harvest which I prefer for a meal. Chex or Crispix with fresh fruit and milk is also delicious. I prefer sugary with or without milk for snacks: Golden Grahams, Lucky Charms, Reese's Puffs, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, and Apple Jacks are just a few faves. When I want a simple treat I'll eat dry Golden Grahams, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips combined in a cup or bowl. I also like Cream of Wheat. I think I sound like a crazy cereal lady now haha oh well!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

On cereal is really the only time in my life I have milk, unless it's in a milkshake :) Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my son's favorite!!

DH is the breakfast chef in the house. If he doesn't cook breakfast, it's cereal or toast :)

All of my kids love Quaker Oats Maple and Brown Sugar. I think every one of them at it for breakfast every morning for years and years. I like the Apples and Cinnamon!

The chocolate Frosted Flakes are really good, but most of the time I like the regular ones. They are one of my favorite snacks straight out of the box :)

I haven't seen the Peach Cheerios! I need to look for those. My son loves all the Cheerios!!

I like the sugary ones for a sweet snack, but prefer the healthier ones for breakfast. I don't really like sweet anything for breakfast at all.

Ohhh you made me remember how much I love corn flakes with bananas on it!! Eeek, I haven't had that for ages!! And I forgot Apple Jacks! Love them, too!! I'm kind of a crazy cereal lady, too, so it's all good!

I made these S'mores Krispy Treats with the Golden Grahams, marshmallows, and choc chips a while back! It was really good!

Angela Toucan and Tree City like this.
  10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Ah, I became lactose intolerant, so I just quit eating cereal with milk. I like a good granola type cereal on Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit. Now my kids, who are also lactose intolerant, like almond milk on Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I don't care for almond milk, so I just skip cereal.

cfile likes this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Never ever liked cold cereal for breakfast. I'm an oatmeal eater, sweetened with Stevia and dried fruits and chopped almonds. But I do like frosted mini frosted wheats as a snack. No milk.

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i go thru phases with cereal - usually i have a banana instead but my main go-to for years's been Special K - although i dont like it much once it gets to the soggy stage (usually doing a bunch of stuff while i eat breakfast, such is life and can leave it too long sometimes!)
    Our bird loves (dry) Special K as well - he'd see us pull the box out of the cupboard and make a beeline for whoever had it, then we moved it to a container - now he goes off the sound and still heads to the kitchen when the Special K comes out!

cfile likes this.
  13. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I used to eat cereal every morning as a kid into young adult. But since I became lactose intolerant I stopped. I still eat some on occasion dry as a snack. I enjoy Life (the cinnamon kind) and Cheerios are almost always available in our house. We like to try the different flavors of Cheerios - pumpkin spice and berry are favorites.

Oh, peach, I haven't seen those yet! I'll have to hunt some down and try those next!

cfile likes this.
  14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Like others, I ate cereal most weekdays as a child -- either cold with milk, or instant oatmeal -- (on weekends my mom always made pancakes, waffles, eggs, etc) but as an adult I lost my taste for it. I became lactose intolerant too, but I do like to have cold cereal occasionally as a snack with coconut milk. If I'm craving something like a cookie, cereal works.

I never eat it for breakfast anymore. Well, rarely, I eat oatmeal. My usual breakfast is eggs.

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@IntenseMagic Jan, I eat breakfast every morning with some yogurt... no milk .. I used to eat granola and then it was cheerios and now it is Bran buds.. LOL Growing up my favorite was Frosted Flakes or Cocoa Puffs :) I can't eat just eggs as it bothers my stomach and so I am a cereal girl.

16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I loved the pumpkin spice cheerios..I just saw peach in the store yesterday.. hmmm maybe I will get them for next week :)

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't eat cereal very often anymore, but usually I do grab a bowl on Saturday morning. Mostly I don't eat it during the week because I leave the house at 6:30 and I'm not ready for breakfast yet (plus if I ate that early I'd never make it until lunch at noon). So, I usually take something I can heat up at work.

When I do eat cereal, my favorite is chocolate frosted mini-wheats. The whole family loves those!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Most cereal is too sweet for me. I like Muesli w/almond milk & fresh blueberries or for hot cereal, I use plain oats and add my own nuts, fresh fruit, cinnamon or coconut flakes, it just depends on what's lying around - usually I will grab the fruit that is on it's way out, that no one wants to eat.

Every once in awhile I'll grab a bowl of cereal for a snack or meal if I'm too tired to make something else to eat. Usually it is some type of bran flake.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Love muesli/granola but have to avoid anything with too much sugar or bran.
    Generally though I love cooked oats in winter with greek yoghurt and honey.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love cold cereal. Kelloggs Special K Red Berries is what I eat most often for breakfast, when I eat breakfast. Then, I like Strawberry Honey Bunches of Oats,Golden Grahams, Life, Honey Nut Cheerios, Cap'n Crunch Oops! All Berries, Cap'n Crunch Berries, and Frosted Flakes. I always stock up on cold cereal when Smiths is doing a sale and I can combine with coupons. There are many times we have cold cereal for dinner on fend for yourself nights.

IntenseMagic likes this.