Can you change a QR code link?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Jan 17, 2018.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I recently printed some photo books that included QR codes. Unfortunately, one of the the codes has a broken link. I had tested each one before printing and they all seemed to work, so this is really bugging me!

Is there any way to change the link assigned to a QR code? And, ifnso, how is it done? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can!

Thanks!

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I've been doing some poking around and it doesn't look like there is any way to change where the code points if it was just created using a free online service. It looks like there are a couple of paid sites out there that host your qr code and give you the ability to change the url attached to it. So, unless you used one of those, I don't see anyway to do it. I could be wrong and I hope that maybe someone knows more than I do! I'm following along just in case. Sorry it's not working for you!! Worse comes to worse, I guess you could create a new one and paste it on the printed page or reprint, but I know you don't really want to do that.

I do hate the thought that they could just quit working like that. Makes me stop and think about how to approach them from now on.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh man! That's a bummer! I think if it were me, I would do what Jan suggested though and just create a new one and paste in on the page... To me that's better than being bugged by a broken link.

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

i just may check into the paid site. It really bugs me. It brings me to the qr img code itself, which is a pain. I'll also keep checking around, but for now I'll just print it out on a separate paper and place it between the pages.

Karen likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Dang it! I don't know a way to fix the link the qr code goes to. I would do the same as above: print a new one on sticker paper and stick it in. So at least it works.
    I know you can link things back to your computer, if you are worried about the site you use going away. But I don't know if those work if the computer is off.