Big Little Lies

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

First of all: glad the trivia night itself but not the hijinks are based on your school. :)
    Secondly, I agree about Nicole. She's just not right. IDK why. I don't mind that she's a bit older than how I imagined the character (cuz I think actresses have a bad deal when it comes to aging in Hollywood). But she's missing something, ya know? But I think that's a hard character to cast.
    Oh, I'm also sad that they have Shailene smoking. I feel like that's not something her character would do, for so many reasons. This isn't a judgement on smoking but a thought about the character.

2. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I didn't read the book, but I did watch the series...it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Maybe I should read the book ;)

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I've always felt that Nicole Kidman is rather cardboard'y. I imagine she was told 'Stand up straight, darling.' most of her growing up and that trait stuck. She never seems to get out of that body cast (unless it was in the brutal sex) as opposed to Laura Dern who made me think of a demented scarecrow, arms and legs a-flapping.

I think later this year I'll read the book and hopefully not still 'see' these characters.

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I still have to watch the finale so I'm not reading too much into this thread. But @cookingmylife 's comments having me laughing so hard. I think I want to get the book now too ...

[​IMG]

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oh the disappointment! Bart thought this said Big little Flies
    [​IMG]

7. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I kissed the frog!

8. jenn mccabe

omg! so funny!

bellbird likes this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

did you hear? Big Little Lies was renewed for a second season! I gave up on the first ep. about halfway through, so I won't be watching the second season. But I know some people here will be happy about the renewal!

bellbird likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It's hard to read books when you live in a pond... hehe
    [​IMG]

11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

12. cookingmylife

Oh... I have mixed feelings about more of this show BUT at least it's HBO and so no commercials.

Tree City likes this.
  13. jenn mccabe

i will watch it ... it's like one of those guilty little pleasure type of shows. it's nonsense but in a very weird way sort of entertaining. i saw the finale yesterday and couldn't get the laura darn/flappy scarecrow image out of my head @cookingmylife :giggle

on another note: i binged all of the Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) ... anyone watch that one?

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I just finished the mini-series yesterday and loved it. I wish it could have kept going, as I was enjoying all the characters. I'm glad it was a mini-series though so that it had an ending. There's nothing worse than getting into a show and it doesn't get a second season and you're left hanging.

Tree City likes this.
  15. cookingmylife

I may try the Handmaid's Tale this weekend...i.e. if I still have access to my son's account! My husband would seriously throw a fit if I had yet another channel added!

I am watching "LION" today as I got a free Redbox movie. However, I have to watch it on my iMac since our old dvd player bit the dust. Sadly, my dh's MacAir has no cd/dvd slot...grrr.

16. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!