Big Little Lies

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Mar 22, 2017.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Is anyone else watching this mini-series on HBO? I read the book and loved it. The show, of course, is different, but I love Reese Witherspoon, so I'm digging it so far.

Anyone else have thoughts?

2. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I loved the book and have only seen the first episode, but excited about the show =)

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I have not watched it but I like Reese so I may have to do a binge watch here down the road :)

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I want to start watching it.

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I audio'd the book apparently (thanks goodreads for reminding me - it was great, i dont know that we have the tv series here... hmmm)

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

TBH, I DVRed it and only watched the first episode. I just didn't care for it. *shrugs* But I loved the book. LOVED IT! Her novel The Husband's Secret is better, but that's my own opinion (it's my fave of hers).

7. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I wasn't going to watch and then I saw Shailene Woodley in it and had to check it out. I remember her from Secret Life of an American Teenager and it has been interesting to see her in other roles. This one is wayyy different. Plus, anything with drama, unlike my real life, is always good to watch.

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Book was awesome but haven't checked out the TV series . . . yet . . .

I agree that The Husband's Secret was very good as well . . .

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I did read the book and enjoyed it, so I have been recording the episodes. I'm will probably start watching once they are all out. I HATE waiting for a new episode. Lol.

10. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Too bad we don't have HBO. I loved the book and have always loved Reese!

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I didn't read the book but have read "The Husband's Secret" and loved it.
    I was excited to watch b/c of the amazing cast of women in the show and am hooked. We pvr'd them and have seen the first two and now hope to binge watch this wkend to catch up. My daughter and I were watching it together so I'm waiting for her to have time to sit down and watch with me.

12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm almost done with the book & we have the series DVR'd to start once I'm done reading it. SO good! I LOVE Reese witherspoon as Madeline- great casting!

13. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I loved the book (interesting side note - the Trivia night is apparently based on our humble little school's trivia night! Lliane doesn't have kids so asked one of her friends, whose kids went to our primary school all about them - no murders here though...).

Was wondering how it would all translate to America - after having only watched the first two episodes - it went well. Reece is perfect and the only disappointment for me was Nicole Kidman - badly cast I thought.

Tree City and Karen like this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's so cool to have it based on your school Karen! @KarenW

15. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I´ve read the book and I have to say that I wasn´t over the moon about it. I do love Reese Witherspoon so I will probably watch just since she´s in it! :D

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I haven't read the book but in looking back I really don't like many of the characters in Moriaraty's books, so I think I let her go for a while after reading 3 or so of her books.

I was about to give up on the show too after the first episode filled with all those oh-too-perfect on the surface CA lives. Being tv, you know from the start that they're rotting at their cores. But plugging on, I really did end up liking it and do hope they let this one be perfect as it was. No season 2 for me!

17. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm catching up on the dvr but did read the book- I'm not liking how different the series is vs. the book- but again- that's always the case. Books are always better! ;) I do think that Reese was perfectly casted for Madeline!

18. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i have not read the book. i think i should read it before watching the series.

19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I have not read the books but thanks for the plug in to great reads. We do not have HBO so...... might have to wait to see if it comes to something else down the road.

20. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I've watched a couple episodes so far. I think I like it but the scenes about the little boy make me sad. I think Reese Witherspoon is great and perfect for the part; not so much a fan of either Nicole Kidman or Laura Dern -- both way over-rated actors in my opinion. I still resent Laura Dern for her "acting" in Jurassic Park which went a long way to ruining that movie for me even though I LOVED the book.

I guess i conflicted. :D

bestcee likes this.