August 25- Journaling :: Family History

Discussion in 'Weekly Focus Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Aug 25, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello!!! Apologies for being a bit late, some of you know I am having some difficult times and haven't been around this week, trying to get it all sorted so I can be back as usual next week, but here I am with our August Journaling Challenge!!!!
    We will be scrapping Family History.
    I will leave it very very relaxed so you can scrap 1 or 10 photos, or maybe even no photo but want to leave the legacy of a story or another for which you don't have a photo, but want your children/relatives/friends and the generations to come to know!
    You can go as full on OR blank space, in visual terms, is up to you....but you will need to have at least 15 sentences of journaling....
    I started ages ago a book for Sarita with as many photos as possible from my side of the family, and trying to include as much information too. My family, all of them, grand parents and parents, uncles, aunties, cousins, God parents, God Brother & sisters, all relatives, always took a huge amount of pictures (they still do even more so these days!) , but even 25 years ago, my mum had no idea who some of the people in the photos are...so my quest on journaling is to give the information as I know it
    THERE ARE sooooooo many ways to journaling our family history!!! :
    ...doesn't matter if I don't know who someone is, I will be writing about the fact that we don't know!!! Or for example some of the stories for which I do have photos but the photo itself doesn't quiet give the feeling of the moment or story.... or sometimes photos that you know nothing but looking at the photo you can tell more or less the year or at least the decade...trying to write down the information that maybe lost otherwise in 30 or 50 years time!!!! there are so many amazing things to notice in our family history.... it makes for some amazing pages!!!!
    Here is one of my pages for this challenge
    : the story is explained in the gallery (please give me a couple of minutes if you can't see it straight away, I will be moving it after posting this!) and also all links for the kits I used!

[​IMG]

SO: your task is to scrap a page about Family History, visually as much or as little as you feel happy with, photo or not photo, only requirement is to have at least 15 sentences of Journaling!

Please follow the Lilypad Gallery Guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products (current or retired product from current designers; templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

As you know if you have been playing, the main thing here is to scrap more, learn a bit more or share something for others to learn and HAVE FUN!!!!!! Thanks in advance for playing!!!! Can't wait to see your pages!!!!!!

jenn mccabe and Karen like this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. MrsPeel

LOVE LOVE & LOVE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! and here was me thinking you would take your time as was thinking how you would fit all the journaling in an ATC....this is such a great idea, LOVE the story, the first car I drove was a Ford Taunues, was my dad's but fiorst time driving and they would lend me the car a lot, my first was a VW Golf, bought with my own money, but I always have this love spot for the Ford Taunus (which was red!!!) GREAT story, and way to your sister being able to see Burton in Hamlet!!!!!!!!!!!! love the opacity effect , thank you so much for playing!!!!!!!!! @KAPOH

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

5. MrsPeel

gorgeous @michelepixels LOVE all that journaling and all the mixed textures!!! a treasure of a page!!!!!! (and you were already cute as a child!!!!!!!!!!!! Left you some love in the gallery!!!!! [​IMG]

6. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

7. MrsPeel

Sandy, thank you SO SO much for the page!!!!!!!!! I am so so happy you guys are going for lots of journaling, love knowing more about your growing up!!!!! Left you some love in the gallery, gorgeous page!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for playing with us!!!![​IMG]

8. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Here's mine Cynthia!

Also, the typewritten labels are actual cutouts from my grandma's scrapbook that I scanned & used as is here.

[​IMG]