Assistance Needed in Isle 3

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by bbymks5, Sep 29, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Assistance needed in isle 3...I know it's completely user error, but I'm having a hard time getting Maple put together!

Any tips and tricks on how to put the art dolls together so they look right?

Thank you!!

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Which ones? I think the ones in M3 August 2016 main kit are meant to look rather wonky when put together.

Define "right".... :crazy3:funfun

bestcee and bbymks5 like this.
  3. bbymks5

I was trying to put together Maple by Rebecca McMeen from last Friday's release...the only way I can figure it out is if her arms are behind her clothes :(

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I haven't used that kit, but one of the sample layouts in the store shows one of the arms out in front of her dress. I wonder if the creator put the arm on top of the dress and then masked out the part at the shoulder so it looked like it was in the sleeve. I can download the kit and give it a try if that doesn't help you.

[​IMG]

bbymks5 likes this.
  5. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I don't have Maple but Finn. I would assume that the art dolls are all more or less the same concept, right? With Finn you put the arms on top of the dress. If you want to have parts behind you have to mask some part of it. With the arms naked I'm not sure how it looks when the arms are in front though. Finn's arms are all covered with clothes.

I'm sure I am not of much help, sorry.

bbymks5 likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

@bbymks5 - Timmi, I decided to give it a try. Here's my layers. I have the doll and one arm under the dress and the other arm on top of the dress. I then added a layer mask to the top arm. I did this by control + clicking on the image thumbnail of the dress in the layers panel to get the marching ants. Next, I hit X to made sure black was my foreground color, hitting D. Then, I clicked on the layer mask thumbnail in the layers panel and did control + backspace to fill the selection with black masking out the dress. Next, I hit X and used a hard white brush to reveal the arm on top of the dress. Last I made a layer above the shoulder/arm and used a soft brush the same color as my shadows 2a1904 to make the shadow of the dress sleeve on the shoulder/arm. I reduced the opacity of that shadow layer to 43% and clipped it to the shoulder/arm. Hope this helps.
    Maple_Layers.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Karen and bbymks5 like this.
  7. bbymks5

@keepscrappin @Rikki I didn't even think of trying masking...DOH!! I'll have to give that a try! Thank you so much!

Karen, keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  8. keepscrappin

Share your page here when you're finished so we can see it and leave you love.

bbymks5 likes this.
  9. bbymks5