April Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'April 2017 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Mar 30, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello! I'm delighted to be hosting another Monthly Challenge!!!!
    Even though I worry about time passing so fast that I can hardly blink and the month is gone, I'm super happy with April as weather gets warmer around here, I'm at my best with warmer weather! Also April is when I am able to start clearing up wardrobes and cupboards, and this year I am determined to get rid of most of what I haven't used in a year or so...and should get rid of little things too, there are some exceptions, like my little dolls collection I have been keeping for 25 years, the awesome collection of fridge magnets we have, and my HUGE collection of accessories: I have so so many bracelets, earrings, rings, necklaces...not one of them is worth money, but I love them all!!! I think you nay see where we are heading?
    The Photography Challenge for April is all about Collections!
    You don't need to be a serious collector, I am positively sure we all have a few things we like to buy or keep more than others....for example another collection we have in this house is mugs, as in cups for drinking tea or coffee, and before the operations failed, I had so many pairs of shoes, that when I was young (er!! LOL) my friends nicknamed me Imelda! (she was Ferdinand Marcus's wife, they took over government of Philippines and she got famous because if the fact that she had so so many pairs of shoes when they got caught!!! (if I'm not mistaken , 300 pairs)

[​IMG]

So, for our April Challenge Photo I would like you to scrap a page about something you collect or that you realize you have more than a reasonable amount...sometimes we don't really see it until someone else points at it, like with me and my friend Clement telling us that we have quiet a Collection of TEA!!! It can be anything providing that you have a PHOTO of said group of objects.... (which rules out scrapbooking kits I'm afraid! ...I know some of you may have thought, yes, we all collect kits, but nope, no for this challenge :giggle)

My first page is about my main collection, which is all my accessories, I have so, so many boxes full of them!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So this month your Photography Challenge is to scrap a photo that shows us something you collect or have so many of that qualifies as a mini collection.
    You do not need to take a new photo, if you already have one, you can use it.

The Rules, as usual:: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Thanks so much for playing with us! Looking forward to your pages!!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    marnie, orkan, KarenB and 7 others like this.
  2. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Hahaha...Cyn, I'm with you with the collection of tea!! You may see it on my page for your wonderful challenge!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Cynthia - i think we are astral twins. My biggest heartbreak is that i can no longer wear all my shoes. In fact my sister also called me Amelda. I still have my large collection of scarves and accessories though so I will photo those.. lol.
    My accessories too are all very inexpensive but its so nice to grab a necklace or bracelet to dress up an outfit. Biggest accessory i use though is scarves. I'm a scarf maven.

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

:) Love it.. I will get right on this.. now to choose... LOL Coffee Mugs - Bears- Coffee Mugs - Bears? ???? LOL

5. MrsPeel

OMG can't wait to see!!!!!!!!!
    I had to go for herbal/fruity when they diagnosed me with so much that caffeine wasn't an option, can;t wait to see your page!!!!!
    WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't believe I forgot the scarves!!!!!!! me too!!!!!!!!!! I will make a page too but can't wait to see yours!!!!!!!! oh now I have another huge reason I want to go to Canada!!!!!!! or you could come here and we exchange!!!! LOL the shoes thing is a total bummer isn't it? I try not to stop much to look or I cry ...
    anyway, can't wait to see your page!!!!!

LOL
    Make both pages!!!!!!!!!
    never too much of Christa's pages!!!!!!! I know Dawn has the Light and Shade Bears kit that would be great for the Bears collection...and you have a huge assortment of coffee kits so I can;t wait to see the pages!!!!!! Hugggzzz

I hope you can see the page now...I completely lost time and didn;t realize we are in April already!!!!!!

6. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Nice bracelet collection, @MrsPeel I used to do beading and still have all the stuff but have gone off it. Nothing like a nice bead bracelet.
    I can't think of any collection right now, I am not a collector even though I have a lot of stuff. I really need to think about that and walk around our flat to see what I can come up with. Maybe book on a certain topioc? I could do something like that, right?

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

yes!!!!!! I could actually add to my collection the HUGE amount of thrillers/crime novels I read!!!! that would be an awesome page @Rikki !!!!!!!

8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

This sounds a good challenge... I might do a page about a collection I am about to cull.

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

Hi, Cynthia!!! I've been trying to find you here. I don't know how to get around here, but hopefully will learn! What a great challenge! All of my collections, unfortunately, are in my attic. I have all kinds of dolls, including Barbies, and toys. I wish I could get to them. I am going to come up with something and be back with a layout.

grrfluudy and MrsPeel like this.
  10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

What a great challenge! I had fun setting up my photo - although I was a bit nervous as my set up was a little precarious! :-)

[​IMG]

MariSt, jesskab, MrsPeel and 12 others like this.
  11. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

This could be a hard one. My collections bit the dust when we sold our house up north last summer. I don't have a lot of room in Florida for collections. Guess I'll have to put my thinking cap on ... more than two counts as a collection, right?

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Ooh! Great CHallenge, Cynthia! Now the only question is WHICH collection am I going to do? LOL

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

The only thing I could come up with was watches. The photo isn't great, but I tried! I thought about doing Yorkie bows because I have so many, but decided not to. Anyway, here's mine . . .

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and BevG like this.
  14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

great idea !

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

So cool, @tkradtke: I remember that I have a few stored in a moving box still. So hard to choose: scarves (did a page last month @MrsPeel), I collect books in general (about 800 and counting) and travel guides specifically. I'm not a hoarder but now that I think about it, I have a lot of collections...:dizzy I might go for the CD collection or maybe our fridge full of travel magnets. :headscratch

Allright, CDs it is, here's my LO:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    orkan, MrsPeel and marnie like this.
  16. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

I absolutely adore your bracelets, @MrsPeel! Do you make them?

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine:

[​IMG]

orkan, MrsPeel and marnie like this.
  18. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

Well, I am a book, magnets, mugs and pillow collector, but something that always bothers everybody is my key chain, just one key with more than 30 or 40 different key chains, so here it is:

[​IMG]

tinkerbell1112, MrsPeel and marnie like this.
  19. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Love your sample LO, @MrsPeel ! Mine is taking over my home.I see there is a date at the bottom of this overlay, that is NOT the date I took this. who knew?!
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Can it be my son's collection of something?

MrsPeel likes this.