App Scrapping

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Juliestcyr, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I perused the forum a bit to see if there was already a thread on this (I'm sure there was at some point). But, beyond project life, what apps do you use for app scrapping? And how would you rate them? Also, is anybody using free software for their scrapping? It's info for my daughter's Pathfinder unit, so girls 12-14.

2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I use GIMP for scrapbooking on my computer which is free. I also use Project Life combined with PhotoLayers on my Android phone. I prefer adding text in Project Life and embellishments with PhotoLayers but I've found I can't shrink everything as small as I want to with PhotoLayers so I wouldn't give it a perfect rating. I also haven't used shadows; I just use elements that are already shadowed. Hope this helps a little.

Juliestcyr likes this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I have scrapped a holiday album with Pic Stitch which is really great for pocket style pages. Super easy to use and good results. However it is only good for the basic collage as you cannot add writing or elements (but drop shadows are easy to add in the app).

Juliestcyr likes this.
  4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I started with app scrapping! For Android (which is what I have) I highly recommend PixelLab! You can add true type fonts, drop shadows, inner shadows, emboss, add strokes, erase color and so much more; you can do full 12x12 or customize the size and you can save in HIGH resolution so it's of print quality. You can lock layers and easily move items behind or to the front in the layers flyout.

If you use Apple Over seems to be the #1 choice.

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If you have an iPad (Pro I think?) You can use Affinity or Procreate. I've seen great things about them by scrappers.

I've used the PL app. It's not bad. It's easy to start out with, there's a free kit (I think this is still true) and it's pretty easy to export your pages for printing. The not so good: Text is super specific. Only certain cards, without having to use a second app. But for 12-14? It would probably be a great starting place.