Anything planner....

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Scrapping with Liz, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I got my daughter a Happy Planner for Christmas & I loved it so much that I wanted one myself...so I got one!

She's really getting into using the silhouette and printing stuff out for it & decorating it and making it all pretty. I'm slowly getting into it...it takes me a while to learn new things.

Anyway...so for those of you who use digi-stuff to decorate and make your planner what are your favorite products? Are there any tutorials I should watch (we haven't mastered printing & cutting out files yet). What paper do you print on?

I need to know everything. LOL!

2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

I make my life easy by printing (or doing print and cut straight onto full sheet label paper - I arrange my elements and strips of patterned paper onto one sheet and print, then cut and layer and stick :) (depending on how my week is going, I might use the print and cut of my silhouette, or I might use carpool time and scissors).

If my image shows up, it's one week in my planner using a Little Butterfly wings and the sticker paper.

Attached Files:

Scrapping with Liz and bestcee like this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Jenn, Courtney, Jewelle or Rebecca might be able to help! I can't think of who else uses planner/Silhouette.
    @jenn mccabe @bestcee @mrspotts

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I make it easy on myself and print and cut just Jaime's storyplanner, since it comes ready to go! Allison Pennington also had some great cards for planners (especially her latest designer set!).
    If I'm feeling more creative , I design my own boxes. If you check either of those out, they have made print and cut super easy! Simply print the color version, and then cut using the blackout version on top of the color one. That way your cuts are lined up.

I also print on label paper. It's usually cheaper than official sticker paper. And the quality difference doesn't bother me.

5. bestcee

6. bestcee

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I use Jaimee's stuff, too... so easy to print and cut! I also love Allison's planner goodies. I also use full sheet label paper. Like Courtney said, it's cheaper and the difference in quality doesn't matter much to me in my planner. I do occasionally pull elements out of a kit and print and cut those, but that usually only happens when I have extra time haha

8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I have the portrait ... I learned just about everything I needed to know from this planner thread by @justjaimee
    She made a video just for Planner peeps.

It tells you how to do the nice Kiss Cut method with Print and Cut files. The Print PNG is the nice version you print out. And the CUT PNG is the one with all black shapes - which you use to trace in the Silhouette software so the machine knows where to cut. The video explains it all. I mostly use the stuff in the Planner section now, but do like to grab different kits from the store on occasion and play with stuff that wasn't intended for planners. I just make my own Print and Cut files. (I make the same files that Jaimee shows in the video or that you find in the planner kits.)

I use the Silhouette brand white sticker paper (I buy on Amazon w/prime shipping) and love how vibrant my prints come out. The staples brand was horrible w/my Epson printer. I know others have tried Onlinelabels.com and I plan on giving their white sticker paper a go too.

One thing I have noticed on my Portrait is that if anything is in the grey/grid areas - my Portrait gets finicky and the cuts can get messed up. Which means printing and cutting aggravation and wasted sticker paper/ink! Not fun. So I just move things around and align them before doing any printing and cutting.

Have fun ... so sweet that you two are doing it together! Ask if you have questions!

9. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I usually design in PSE then print, hole punch, and place in my planner. I scan in pages of my planner to make templates. I've emailed Mommyish to request a shapes or brush file of varying "planner sizes", because i have 4 different planners right now. Lol!
    Perhaps you can make planner page templates, @Scrapping with Liz !

My main planner is the classic happy planner, and tends to be the one I decorate.

Here are several of my layout spreads:

purlz76 and Scrapping with Liz like this.
  10. scrappycath

scrappycath Active Member

I have an Erin Condren vertical planner. I make my own stuff for it. I have a few that I have shared in the gallery here. I also have shared overlays/stickers as gifts and a technique tutorial on how to create your own stickers using dig kits and elements in Silhouette Studio and use the print and cut feature. You can find that over HERE on the Etc by Danyale blog.

I use the white sticker paper from Staples to print and have not had any problems with it.

My big tip for good print and cut - plenty of light! I actually shine a flashlight on my silhouette when it reads the print and cut registration marks, this makes the cuts come out lined up as they should.

Have fun!!!

[​IMG]
    Made with Now and Then digital kit and journal cards

[​IMG]
    Made with Winter Traditions digital kit
    October Planner Overlay Gift

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Awesome, awesome tips! I do have these from Allison and have printed some out...but I haven't gotten beyond that!

I do need simple so I might try out Jamie's stuff to get a hang of printing and cutting on the silhouette.

12. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I do indeed! I print and cut Jaimee's Story Planner stickers each month. I'm kind of a minimalist planner and like as much white space on my weekly pages as I do on my scrapbook layouts, so I print one set of her stickers and make them work for the entire month. Here are my pages with her January kit (the stamp that I use for the lines is by Lawn Fawn):

[​IMG]

She has a great video showing how to Print and Cut stickers with the Silhouette here:

13. bestcee