Affinity photo on iPad for scrapping?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by gracielou, May 1, 2018.

1. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I had to mention this because I completely forgot. With iPad you can mirror your screen to your TV so I was playing around with it just now and my mind is blown. We just bought a 4K TV for our new family room addition that was completed in March so now I can scrap with my iPad on a 70" screen. I think I will never go back to my computer again now, especially after figuring out all the shadow tricks I was trying to do in Affinity photo app after a week of searching and reading tutorial after tutorial. I think I may be the happiest girl in Digi land right now LOL. Anyway, just wanted to share for those maybe wanting to try scrapping with iPad but not wanting smaller screen.

busywoman139 likes this.
  2. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I have an iPad Pro w/ Apple Pencil. I bought them with the intent to scrap on my iPad BUT I've not spent nearly the time I need to learning and practicing. It's easier to default to what I know (PSCC) when I have limited scrap time. I purchased an Affinity class from Udemy and I hope to get back to it all soon!! I LOVE the potential for mirroring the iPad to a TV and may have to figure that out asap - like tomorrow!! ;)

gracielou likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a super cool idea! You could scrap from your couch in comfort!!

gracielou likes this.
  4. gracielou

Yes! The only problem becomes convincing my kids that watching mommy scrap on the tv is waaayyyy more fun than watching smurfs reruns:funfun:hummm

busywoman139 and bestcee like this.
  5. gracielou

I totally understand. I was on the fence myself just a few days ago because I still found some things limiting in Affinity Photo but I have been researching every free minute that I have and figured out some work arounds and I think I can finally say goodbye for good to photoshop. I only use PScc for my scrapbooking so I was not even tapping into half the power of the program and I honestly don't need the full power of the program anyway.
    As to the mirroring. I have highlighted where you can find this on the iPad. You have to have Apple TV but it's super easy. Hope that helps.
    31598891-DD25-459B-8EB5-25D148F2E385.jpeg

busywoman139 likes this.