Lightroom for digital supplies and photo organization

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angiea1114, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

@rdjrneace Check if you have PS set up as external editor. Go to preferences, external editing. There you can see if PS is set up already as external editor. If it isn't you can set it up there. Once that is done, if you have a photo selected and use the shortcut Ctrl+E, LR will ask you if you want to edit the original, a copy or a copy with LR adjustments.

OR: If you right-click on the photo you can choose edit in (like Michele said) and then you can choose which external editor you want to use (if you have more options set up, e.g. RadLab etc.).

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Or, if you are weird like me, you can export to a desktop folder, making sure to save the edits, and then drag and drop it into Photoshop.

Sigh. I know it's the longer way technically, but when I started using Photoshop and Lightroom, my computer didn't have the RAM to support both being open at once really well. So, that was my solution. I have a desktop folder called Export. And I send them there. I made a preset, so it's a one click done thing.

3. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Thread hijack:

Is creative cloud worth it for Lightroom? Especially if I start shooting in RAW?

jenn mccabe likes this.
  4. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Sorry for the double post, but they offer a just Lightroom for creative cloud with 1 tb cloud storage for the same price as general CC and I can't adjust to Photoshop CC to save my life.

5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I absolutely love LR. If you ever used Adobe Camera Raw (aka ACR) to edit it is the same engine. The sliders make editing so easy and fast ... and you can do anything you want to the image and always go back to the original!

You should shoot a few RAW images and download the LR trial and give it a test spin!

bestcee and krscraps like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I upgraded from PSE to PSCC so I had Lightroom. I love Lightroom!

I'm still using classic though, not the new cloud based cc.

7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I replied on your status, but if you don't want PS CC, then get LR on disk/download without the CC. It is just $149 to purchase. LR on CC at $10 a month is $120 per year and the next year and the next.... You stop paying, it stops working. Adobe only does version updates to LR every few years. I still have version 5 which came out in 2014(?), which is only 1 version back and it still works fine. Now if you change your mind and want PS CC, then I would say yes to LR CC.

But for sure, LR is the best way to edit raw photos. Professionals start in LR and finish in PS. LR is non-destructive, which means your original never changes. You can always go back a few steps or even to the very original. The raw file just sits there and the changes you apply are stored in a database. They are applied to the pic it shows you on screen and they are applied when you export to jpg or to Photoshop.