Subscription Boxes Redux |Pad Patter 9.13

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Sep 13, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

WOAH!!! That's crazy good!!! I've gotta try them out! We go through razors like crazy and it adds up so quickly, and I have a sneaking suspicion my ten year old is going to want to start shaving soon.

I was worried they wouldn't stay sharp for very long or rust quickly.

2. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

My daughter was 10/11 when she started shaving but she has issues with really sensitive legs (the dermatologist gave it a name but I wouldn't be able to repeat it) so she doesn't shave too often.

We've had no issues with rust or anything. Definitely give them a shot.

bbymks5 likes this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I haven't even heard of most of these. The last time I subscribed to something that was delivered in a box my 16 year old was 3 or 4 and it was a package of preschool educational materials.

4. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I've done Ipsy and did a planner box - can't remember the name. Loved getting goodies in the mail, but did not use the products ... I think would be grand if the items could be used!!

5. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Oh my goodness . . . yes! I love the surprise of seeing what is in the box! I get KitNip quarterly for my cats and THEY love it! They even sit in the empty box. I just open it and let them recover it.

I just cancelled ipsy because I'm giving away most of using very little. I signed up for FitFabFun today for points from another site with a discount.

I've also done three of the food boxes and graze. Oh and StitchFix. Never had anything that fit though (sad face).

6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Oh no!! Poor thing, I'll cross my fingers it's something she'll eventually grow out of...I got terrible rashes after shaving until I was almost 21.

7. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Thank you! She will itch and scratch until she has scrapes and sometimes bleeds. We've tried everything. Every.thing. The derm gave us some suggestions and I even went and bought hibiclens (which is what doctors have patients use before surgery) and she's afraid to try it for fear that it doesn't work and somehow makes it worse. I feel so bad for her.

8. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

I've never bought a subscription for myself. But BOTH my sisters gave me boxes for my birthday this year. One was Home Chef - I loved the idea, and that I didn't have to meal plan and make sure I had all the ingredients. It let me try things I wouldn't normally cook since I'm either not familiar with the style or don't want to buy 1 specialty thing for one recipe. But it was too expensive for me to do on my own. We could eat out at Red Robin for almost the same price.

The other was Rocksbox - a jewelry service like Stitch Fix. This was a lot of fun! My earring collection is quite excessive but I've wanted to get more bold in my necklaces. Also, I never wear bracelets, but I tried one from Rocksbox and fell in love with it. Not everything was great - my wishlist wasn't the most practical and my ears have weight limits on what they'll hold! Plus I'm clumsy and will snag long necklaces on everything. I ended up purchasing one piece each month to keep and just had fun trying different things every couple weeks. I won't be continuing it when it expires but it was fun to experiment.

My sister loves Ipsy and she's given my some samples that she doesn't like/need. But I don't wear makeup often enough (more like, I don't enjoy wearing makeup) so I'm not interested in that one.

9. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I gifted my husband with dollar shave club box about 2 years ago and I use it just as much. It's been the best thing ever. I used to do scrapbook subs but I'm all digital now so stopped those. I've always wanted to try stitch fix but have been waiting to lose some weight before trying it and since I love junk food so much who knows if I'll ever get to try that one....
    I did do several months of Little Passports for my youngest kids and they enjoyed them but I found the cost was just to high for the contents so I stopped.

10. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I don't do any "monthly subscription boxes" unless you count the CCM monthly here at Lilypad. I would love to do some of them but the cost is causing me to hold back.

11. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I do Book of the Month Club and LOVE IT!!!

I do Stitch Fix every other month. Once a month is a little too much for me and there have been times where I only scheduled it every 3 months, so it was something new and fun seasonally.

I used to do Ipsy and Happy Mail from A Beautiful Mess. I think ABM stopped the Happy Mail sub and Ipsy was just getting to be too much stuff.

12. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I am subscribed to BookChoice. It's a bookclub for €3,99 a month. They select 8 books by national and international writers and let you download both ebook files and audiobook files. Sometimes there are a lot of great books in them, sometimes just one. But imo for €3,99 that a good deal either way.
    Downside is that it's Dutch, and I used to read almost exclusively in English. Not every translation is as good as it could be.
    Upside is that I now read national and international writers that I would have never chosen myself but are really good! I am finding real gems. My newest love: "The Owl Always Hunts At Night." by Samuel Bjørk. If you're into thrillers, try it!!

I also have the MPM and MMM subscription here at TLP.

Both my sisters get HelloFresh. They are really happy with it, and I have to agree that whenever I come over for dinner, those meals are delicious! But it's too expensive for me, and takes way too much time to make. Whenever I come home at 6pm, I don't have the energy or willpower to cook dinner for 30+ minutes. I just want to eat. So I cook in the weekends and reheat it on my work days. Or at least that's the plan. :whistle

13. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

My kids have gotten Loot Crates for birthday gifts, they liked the tshirts, the rest of the stuff was hit and miss. Seemed to end up with more knick knacks to clutter their rooms up.

I used to get scrapping stuff monthly, Cocoa Daisy. Loved opening them up but never got through the box, still have piles of stuff that was never used. Love my digi now...

I have no box subscriptions, just Audible books, love my audio books so much!

14. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

We are trying some kids cooking and baking boxes out with my daughter. So far, the only one that has arrived is the box from Baby Boy Bakery. It is cute but not what we are looking for. We are also going to try Kidstirs, Radish Kids, and one other and then hopefully find a good one!

She loves coding and wants to subscribe to BitsBox, but it seems pricey for what you get.

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Being in Canada, we don't get most of what is available in the US. I don't know anyone who does a subscription box service for anything. The shipping (aside from the dollar exchange) is terrible here. Years ago (back in my paper crafting days) I used to belong to a few scrapbook kit deliveries and it was so exciting to open the box every month and see what they sent me.

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Here, I have signed up for the MPM for the rest of the year to round out a good stash for all the months. I don't plan to renew but you never know. I signed up for Sephora as I want to wear more makeup these days. Not sure why but I feel like it. However I don't think I'll continue that long but I thought it would be fun for a few months plus I have daughters in law and granddaughters to pass some rejects on to.

17. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

I would luv to do more, but the only lucky ones in our household are the doggies. They get a monthly shipment of their favorite treats from Chewy.com, and when that shipment arrives they know exactly what it is. :-)

18. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

We are just coming to the end of a 6 month subscription to Barkbox for our dogs. It's one box per month that gets shared between the two dogs and it's still too many treats (wish we could get more toys/less treats). I signed up for the 6 months that includes both of my dogs' birthdays and now that it's over will probably take at least 6 months off to catch up on the treats!