Instant Pot YAY!!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by bbymks5, Jul 16, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I took bit the bullet and bought one of the older versions of the Instant Pot on Amazon, received it Friday and made our first dinner in it yesterday! It wasn't anything fancy, just used some half chicken breasts with the bone in, an onion and garlic and broth, the meat was so moist and fell off the bones.

Love that I was able to make chicken in 25 mins vs over and hour in our convection oven or 6-8 hours in the crockpot. What I don't like is the clean up...I'm used to lining my baking dishes with tin foil and using the crockpot bags...no scrubbing, just unline the dish/pot and wash with hot soapy water.

Anyone have cleaning hacks especially if you have hard water? I definitely need to get some stainless steel pot cleaner, after the water test and one meal there's already that funny look to the inside of the pot.

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yea! Unfortunately, I don't have cleaning tips but can I ask you a question? You know how running the oven in the summer can make a kitchen HOT--Did the same thing happen with the Insta pot?

3. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

My sisters and my mom use it all the time...and I haven't noticed it making their place hot. I sheepishly have to admit that my mom got me one about a week ago, but haven't cracked it open yet...but my family makes THE BEST soups and stews in it!!!

Tree City likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Get on it, LOL! But seriously, how nice of her to get you one!

bcnatty likes this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

No, it doesn't heat up the kitchen at all. Mine isn't an instant pot but another brand, but same thing. I love that I can cook tenderized meat in just minutes. I did a tenderloin recently that was so good it was ridiculous :)

6. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Nope, but I could totally see my mom (if she were alive today) putting it out on the back porch in the summer though. There is a little steam but not too bad. It's like a crock pot/rice cooker. A little hotter. But still doesn't match the stove or oven.

Tree City likes this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

the aromas of the insta pot are fantabulous, and no heat except for a bit of steam at beginning, and if your recipe calls for quick release (like my hard boiled eggs) of the steam...
    I put frozen chicken breast, some marinade or seasoning and 17 minutes later....(or let it stay on keep warm) dinner is ready and oh so dE licious!
    I have found soaking it with a dab of DAWN dish soap over nite, causes a grand cleaning. I only use it for garlic/seasoning so the staying aroma in the seal doesn't bother me.. I have thought of getting a second one for desserts, but haven't even tried them yet! lol