I need help with computer issues...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Apr 26, 2017.

1. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Maybe try downloading Chrome and try it from there?

QuiltyMom likes this.
  2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

That's what I'm going to do now. Nothing else has worked so far. My DH comes home from business travel late tonight, so hopefully he can help out tomorrow!

3. QuiltyMom

:byay TA DAAA!!!!! :byay :yourock@dawnmarch - you're the winner!! I was able to upload a photo to the gallery on Chrome! Now I just gotta figure out why it won't work on Firefox or IE. Oh well. But at least I can upload to the gallery again!!

keepscrappin, Karen, Serena and 3 others like this.
  4. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My problem was just with Facebook uploading and it was Norton's firewall. It's working now thank goodness, but it was DAYS of torture. LOL!

I did have some problems here at TLP when I went to edit a post and clicked MORE OPTIONS and I would get an error . . . I disabled all extensions/addins/etc . . . but it wasn't until I went into AdBlocPlus and completely disabled it that it actually started working again. That was driving me nutso!

All of this was in the Chrome browser.

Bev ~ I'm getting the same insecure connection notice. I'm getting it in Chrome and in Firefox. What browser are you using?

InsecureNotice.JPG

BevG likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

Oh. This could also be part of the problem. I've been blocking ads like crazy lately, but there's no guessing as to which ad block service could be the culprit. I've been clicking on the Ad choices arrow whenever I see an ad I don't like, and that's been a lot lately. Sigh. I hope it's not that!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I never have problems with ads on TLP, so I don't feel bad about disabling it for this site. I just keep it running for everything else. :)

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Firefox - It has to do with the security certificate of the site. I believe the certificates have to be renewed and if TLP's expired, that could be why we can't link securely to it any more.

gonewiththewind likes this.