FitBit Users

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Pallavi01, Jul 13, 2015.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

My fitbit flex died this summer... but I just got the charge HR for my birthday! I didn't think having it made as much difference as it did. But I found, that without it, I stopped walking those little extra bits to get in my steps each day (like taking the long way home from walking my daughter to school).

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

My Charge HR has been ordered from amazon. I missed out on a sale, boo, but since work pays for it... i wanted to be sure I had it by the 11th though, when I start my own self improvement for the year

3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

After a month with mine, I have to say it's making a huge impact. Way more than I expected. I'll check my steps a few time a day and it's actually inspired me to get up and get going to make sure I hit my goal. I've been so successful that I think I may have to up my goal... I'm starting to track down the things that might be keeping me awake too and my deep sleep is improving with fewer interruptions.
    Success in small steps.

klee73010 likes this.
  4. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

My mom goes crazy with the Fitbit. She would go jogging inside for a few minutes at the end of the day just to get her steps at 10k. I am not as crazy like that. But it does motivate me to do an extra block. However, after a full day of work, and my Fitbit says I'm only at 7k, I'm just going to sit down and be okay with it. My average on a workday is ~7k, which I think is pretty good already. lol

Everyone who has a Fitbit or is getting one: feel free to friend me
    berniekwittendorp at gmail.com

enjoyyourpix and klee73010 like this.
  5. tkradtke

@berniek I just sent you a friend request on the fitbit app... I'm tkradtke at gmail.com.

6. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

My birthday is coming up and I told DH that maybe I'd like a Fitbit so we'll see. I'm glad to see this feedback here, though.

7. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

8. klee73010

I just friend requested all of you!
    I am klee73010 at gmail :D

berniek likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

klee73010 likes this.
  10. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

berniek and klee73010 like this.
  11. klee73010

Find @bestcee also, if you haven't already. She's new to fit bit this week!

12. tkradtke

Hmmm... your request didn't show up! Let me see if I can try to send you a friend request.

13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

It didn't for me either.

14. tkradtke

My request from Amanda randomly showed up this morning, so maybe there's a delay?

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have had a Fitbit Flex for a couple of years and before I had a knee replacement I was pretty diligent with the 10k steps a day. Then with a new knee I got comfortable and barely make it to 5k a day. I also was interested in how I slept as I knew with dh's snoring I was waking up a couple of times during the night.

One thing I've never tracked is calorie intake as I've never taken the time to figure out the calories of things I cook. Has anyone done this?

DeniseB817 likes this.
  16. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

@cookingmylife I have just d/l the My Fitness Pal app to my phone and started tracking things, including my recipes. It will allow you to put in all of your ingredients, the serving number and will calculate everything for you.

17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

omg @DeniseB817 I'll have to check that app out but I rarely cook from a recipe any more. I may have to just trust my scale. :(

18. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Just started using my FitBit again. If anyone wants to add me my email is rc_hansen at yahoo (dot) com

19. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

lol I feel left out of the club. I went to buy a fitbit and came home with a Garmin Vivo :). Its water proof to 10 meters and it means I can wear it swimming, in the shower and washing the dishes. That means that bad boy goes with me everywhere. I love that it encourages me to be more active and I think that is the greatest thing about these personal movement devices .... to just get us to get up and go people!

berniek, bestcee and enjoyyourpix like this.
  20. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

I have a fitbit charge. Not sure how to find what my users name it but my name is Tamara and the log in email is brandttamara at hotmail dot com.

bestcee likes this.