Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by scrapfor5, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Welcome welcome, hope you find loads of enjoyable hours here. I returned to digiscrapping after a long absence and it's even better now than then, grin.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  2. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

2 back surgeries! Aaack. I hope you recover quickly. I'm also a runner, and I know it must feel like you just want to jump up and run!

At least you have digi-scrapping! :) It must be fun checking out all the new stuff.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  3. scrapfor5

scrapfor5 Member

Thank you. It's been 3 1/2 weeks since my second surgery and I'm feeling sooooo much better now. I'm in physical therapy three times a week and I can already tell a difference. So far, all of the professionals I've dealt with are pretty confident that I will be able to run again. Hopefully, in about 6 months. I'd really like to make my goal of running a half-marathon next year. And, yes, it's killing me not to go run!! My best friend is my running buddy and every time I see her Runkeeper tell me she's completed a run, I go arrgghhhhhh inside!! lol.

It is a lot of fun checking out the new stuff. It's so interesting to compare kits from now to the ones I have from 2007 or so. The difference in what elements were the "in" thing then and now. I love it!

4. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Hi Dawn. Welcome to the pad.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  5. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Hi Dawn! Welcome to the Pad! I hope you have a wonderful time here :D

scrapfor5 likes this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Welcome Dawn and to a successful healing of your poor back. At least you did get a push to start scrapping again - but ouch! the cost of that re-start! The SOSN sales each Wednesday are a good way to build up a new stash. I know I did it that way when I arrived this January.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ok, so...not sure how I missed this post...but we have talked in the gallery already so I know who you are!!!
    Funny thing? I discovered digi scrapping whilst in recovery of one of the many surgeries I had after I had a hip replacement gone wring in 2003.... and I can literally say that scrapbooking saved my life, and now having a scrapping home here with this amazing community.... well, is delightful and keeps me smiling every day!!!

Welcome to the Pad (now we are officially introduced LOL) and I still can't believe that you are a grandma!!!!! (I'm sure I made a comment about that in your gallery and you said is a recent photo? I am old and forget things but I am quiet sure that was the case LOL)

scrapfor5 likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome to TLP, Dawn! I missed this over the weekend! I hope that things are healing nicely, and you keep on scrapping! :)

scrapfor5 likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hi and welcome to TLP!

Two back to back back surgeries! Wow! Glad that you are healing well, and super glad you are back to digi scrapping!

scrapfor5 likes this.
  10. sucali

sucali sucali

Welcome to The Lilypad Dawn!:bwave

scrapfor5 likes this.
  11. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Welcome to TLP!! looking forward to seeing your gorgeous layouts.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  12. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hello Dawn and welcome to TLP! goodness, two back surgeries!! hope you are continuing to recover!

scrapfor5 likes this.
  13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Hi Dawn! Welcome to the pad! I have 4 boys and 2 girls! Sorry to hear about your back! How is it doing now?
    I'm off to see what you have in your gallery!

14. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Welcome to the pad!!! It's a lot of fun here. I am a Missouri girl myself!!! Springfield!!!!

15. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Well, we have something in common, too. I started scrapping after a bad surgery that left me unable to work. I needed something to fill the hours.

Welcome to TLP! I think you'll like it here.

16. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

Welcome Dawn! I am so glad you are here! Pocket scrapping really is amazing! It's such an easy way to do memory keeping!