Shows You Can't Get Over | Pad Patter 5.26.16

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by scrapsandsass, May 26, 2016.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Are there shows that have ended that you still can't get over the fact they ended? Do you go back and re-watch them? Do you daydream, holding out hope that they will reboot the show for a grand comeback? Or are you able to just move on and find a new show?

2. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

I've rewatched House several times, although I was disappointed with the last couple of series. And I'll admit to being devastated when they canned Buffy and Angel :giggle

At the moment I've really enjoyed Nashville, so I was annoyed when I heard that had been cancelled.

Most of the time, especially with American shows like Lost and Prison Break, they should have been cancelled after a set amount of series. Instead, they are dragged out endlessly, making a nonsense of the original story. This is my bugbear with a lot of shows!!

3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Ok, I haven't actually gone back to watch them. But, I really wish Crossing Jordan and Cold Case hadn't ended. Oh and if we go waaaaayy back, I loved the show Roswell. The ending was hurried & ridiculous.

scrapsandsass likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I still wish "My So-called Life" wasn't canceled. I was in junior high when it was canned and it was one of the first shows that truly spoke to me, ya know?

On a much more recent note, I'm sad they canceled "Mysteries of Laura." Was it the best-ever crime show? Nope, but it wasn't too bloody and I liked the acting. And even though it was probably time, I'm sad "Castle" was canceled.

Don't get me started on Lost. Just... don't. A good friend of mine, who has a degree in film and who now works in the industry (so she really does know what she's talking about!) recommended "Lost" to me during its third(?) season. It was so &*#$& good that DH and I binged the first 2 (or was it 3?) seasons right before the next one started (this was before we had Netflix instant!). We were so invested, and then during that last season, they just pooped all over the show. DH and I like to pretend the last season never happened. :banghead So that friend of mine who first told me I haaaaad to watch it: we watched some of them with her DH and his bro and SIL (all of them with degrees in film!) and it was amazing to see them LOVE it all and then to hate it all. I mean, amazing but also really depressing.

But on the flip side, DH and I love the original "The Office," and we wish it had run for one more season. Perhaps the Brits and the (US) Americans need to have a summit about how to end a show on a good note--not too soon but not so late that people end up hating the show. :blahblahblah

5. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Downton Abbey....I LOVED that show! My husband bought me all the seasons one at a time and we watched all but the last one in about three weeks time. That was a LOT of money spent on videos in that short of a time. But what can I say? I was so hooked on it! Then I had to wait for final season to come out. I didn't watch it on TV because I didn't want to wait a whole week in between episodes. So when the final season came out we got all the other seasons out and did a marathon for a week or two and then finished up with the final season. LOVED IT! So sad to see that one end. But I felt it ended well. I think it could have gone another season, maybe two or even three, before they would have messed it up. Wish they had gone on. I'd have liked to have seen the friendship between the sisters grow and the children growing up. And I'd have enjoyed seeing Edith have her happiness finally.

Chippi, scrapsandsass and ~Mary like this.
  6. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

The Ghost Whisperer and Medium - I finished both via Netflix and wish there were more episodes.

I'm working through Bones but I will be sad when I reach the last season. They just finished up their final season but I'm about 2 seasons behind and catching up on Netflix.

7. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Oh yeah, that ended abruptly, didn't it?! I really liked it too.

Lost was waay too long and got silly. I think the people that made it were too invested in making it something that people weren't supposed to figure out. When the first character died on the island (the rich girl) I figured they were in purgatory, cos she died after doing a good deed (i.e. went to heaven). But then they spent the next 4 series adding all the other characters, getting off the island, getting back on the island....just got stupid. If they hadn't been so bothered about milking every penny from it, it could have been good.

I think series should have coherent beginnings, middles and ends, unless it's supposed to be a soap opera.

Rant over :giggle

scrapsandsass and Tree City like this.
  8. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Parks and Recreation!! Loved it and wished it went on. Spooks we loved but probably finished at the right time (haven't watched the movie yet).

Am going to be bereft when Game of Thrones is finally finished - I guess they only have one or two seasons left...

scrapsandsass and Tree City like this.
  9. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Firefly.

Hello! They should have never canceled that show. I'm still upset and it has been how many years???

10. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

hmph:cornfused I loved prison break. And my husband makes fun of me continually for this "let's break out of prison... then run! Then break out again, and oh yeah, conspiracy theory, mixed with breaking someone else of a jail." :giggle I won't even lie, I am super excited for the bringing back thing they are working on!

I didn't know Bones was ending, I love all these shows!!

Let's see, Fringe and Prison Break I've watched the entire series more times than I care to admit. "24" with Kieffer Sutherland... ghost whisperer and Medium I was sad both those ended... and what the crap was that last season of Ghost Whisperer about with the loss of her husband?! Gah. No.
    Um, I have movies too, Harry Potter and twilight... lol

11. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Oh, let's just say I love Big Bang Theory. We even have a dog named Sheldon!! His AKC registered name is TinRoof's Big Bang Bazinga. :dancebun:dancebun

y_baros, scrapsandsass and kimingvtx like this.
  12. navaja77

My husband would agree with you! He loves that show and was bummed when they cancelled it.

scrapsandsass and ~Mary like this.
  13. navaja77

Bones had their farewell 12th season with only 12 episodes. They returned in April and are running through those 12 episodes now but they are done filming. I'm sad :(

YES! I was so sad with Ghost Whisperer and her husband dying...and it seems they kinda rushed the last 2 episodes to tie up loose ends but I still feel like the stories weren't done. Did you watch the last episode of Medium? That was an emotional episode for me.

14. klee73010

That is sad about Bones... lame! I haven't gotten through all of them, but I've watched the first 4 or so seasons multiple times. I think I keep stopping around season 7? i'm not sure. I'm behind - I know that much. haha.
    And Medium and Ghost Whisperer i've rewatched, too. I've seen all of them. The end of Medium... bah. yes. Emotional.

15. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Parenthood!! I loved that show and sobbed through the entire finale.

Also, Parks and Recreation. Just a great cast and always funny!!

kaphelps and scrapsandsass like this.
  16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I have to go with parenthood too. So crying my eyes out during the finale!!!

kaphelps and scrapsandsass like this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Firefly.
    Pushing Daisies.
    Life. Seriously I loved this show and was so disappointed it wasn't renewed.
    Tru Calling - I wish it had another season or two.
    Dead Like Me.

Apparently, I like dark, underappreciated shows.

scrapsandsass, Tree City and ~Mary like this.
  18. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Did anyone else watch the one season of Terriers several years ago? Hubby and I adored that show and have watched that one season four times.

Networks canceling shows I like is the reason I no longer watch tv when it is aired. I only watch it if it is on dvd or streaming where I can watch with a little security knowing how many seasons there are available.

19. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I can't remember names right now but shows that I binge watch on Netflex seem to be the hardest to let go of McLeod's Daughters, was the most difficult for me to let go of. I really don't like when they have a cliffhanger then cancel the show. I will have a very hard time when Criminal Minds gets canceled, although I'm not as addicted as I once was.

20. klee73010

Dead Like Me!!!!! Omg!!!!!! Loved that one!

bestcee likes this.