Silhouette question

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by mommy2boyz, Feb 5, 2016.

1. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

I'm new to this lovely machine. I've figured out how to drag and drop files on a document to cut, but what are the extra "cut files" for that come in many kits, the solid black files? How do I use them?

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

The solid black ones are just easier to trace. You print the pretty ones, then put the black ones directly on top and use the Trace function to find the edges so it knows where to cut.

3. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

I don't know what it is in English, but first you open the file with color and then you go back to file open and you don't choose open but in Dutch 'samenvoegen', has to be something like place or add Maybe Lorry can tell you the exact words.
    then you can use the black version for tracing and the colored one for printing but they stand at the same place so it should work. Don't forget to add the corners so your machine could find the right place to cut.
    Oh if you use your right mousebutton you can switch the two files (background, forground).

4. lorryfach

The English menu says "Merge..."

5. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

@mommy2boyz i can't find the link on my iPad, but if you go search on the blog you can find a tutorial about where you don't have to trace the black elements. They are used for SVGs. If you don't have Designer Edition software the tutorial won't help much. Check under silhouette.

6. lorryfach