Printing

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by MrsEm, Apr 18, 2018.

1. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

I've been gone a LONG time but I'm really back this time and I have a lot (a lot a lot) of catching up to do. It seems I finished 2014 before I went on my long hiatus but I want to make sure it's enough.

How many pages would you consider "enough" for a 1 year scrapbook? 24? 58? Help me out and give me a range.

Next question, I've been gone so long I don't know which is the best place to order prints from anymore. Where is your favorite place to order 12x12s from these days?

londoncuppa likes this.
  2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Welcome back!!! I think Persnickety Prints has superior print quality and service. You can preorder packages and use them at your leisure. With iNSD coming up next month, they will likely have great sales going on. You can find them here: https://www.persnicketyprints.com/new/

As far as the number of pages for an annual album, personally, I would not limit yourself to a specific number. I would just make the pages you want and print them.

We’re so glad you’re back. Your timing is perfect. Be sure to check out all of the great things going on at The Pad next month during iNSD! @MrsEm

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome back, Emma!

I agree with Margaret that Persnickety comes to mind for printing. I've only heard good things about Persnickety. I've never printed with them though, but I do have a print credit waiting for me. :)

I've printed through Shutterfly, and haven't had any issues. Plus, coupons, free books, and more! Any issues I have had were rectified immediately, and they then gave me more coupons. They print the size book that I like as well, 10x10 or 12x12 and hardcover.

As for Albums, I usually try to include a few happenings from each month. My albums are usually 100 pages. :) I'm not limiting myself, but I scrap slowly, and randomly, so I print 100 pages in an album. Any more just start a new album eventually to be printed.

MrsEm likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I agree with @jk703 and I too have a pack of print credits...hmm better check they are still there to use as it’s been years since I bought them

jk703 likes this.
  5. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

If I'm printing individual pages, I print with Persnickety. If I'm printing as a book, I use Adoramapix (wait for a coupon, they can be pricey).

MrsEm likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome back! I use Persnickity Prints almost exclusively now - for pages and I've had 3 books printed and love them.

MrsEm likes this.
  7. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I love blurb! I can make a 420 page book! I have printed with thwm since 2014. And big books....over 300 pages!

BevG likes this.
  8. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

For page prints, the only trust Persnickety Prints.

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

They don't really expire. I know mine have crazy expiration dates like 2040 or 2288. But, if for some reason you get to 2040 and haven't printed, you should be able to contact them and get a new expiration date.

Single pages I use Persnickety. I love them, I find the shipping reasonable, and I buy their print credit deals when they are on sale.
    For books, I've used Shutterfly, and am okay with them. I like Blurb too, but I haven't printed photo books with them, just their trade books. I printed a book with Adoramapix, and it's nice, but I hate the feel of it, and the way the pages are glued together. It makes the binding kinda come apart. Although, that might be true of all layflats?

MrsEm likes this.
  10. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Very helpful, thank you! It's very overwhelming with so many options.

bestcee and londoncuppa like this.
  11. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I wait for the Shutterfly unlimited extra pages sale and print exactly 111 (the maximum) each time. I really like the 10"/shiny page books. Good luck and welcome back.

12. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Is this a 111 page book or loose pages?

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I print loose pages with Persnickety for my yearly album. They are around 100 pages.

Then I've done special albums through Shutterfly and Blurb. I've printed as small as 20 pages to as high as 100.

MrsEm likes this.
  14. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

It is a book.

MrsEm likes this.
  15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I print my annual albums with Blurb. Economical excellent quality.

How much is enough? I just scrap as much as I can throughout the year and print whatever I end up with at the end. :)

MrsEm likes this.