All Expense Paid Vacation? | Pad Patter 4.19.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, Apr 19, 2018.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Ireland.
    PEI.
    France.
    Italy.
    Spain.
    Portugal.
    India.
    Japan.
    South Africa.
    Australia.
    New Zealand.
    British Columbia.
    Hawaii.
    Alaska.
    Colorado.

Karen likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Danke, @Rikki! Aber... Ich verstehe jetzt sehr wenig! :) You would be embarrassed for me lol!

Rikki likes this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

@Tree City Kein Problem, aber das Angebot steht, :)

Tree City likes this.
  4. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

I'm with Nancy....give me a road trip. I'd go see all of my kids and then swing by to see the ocean again....lately I've so wanted to see it again... and then just head out to wherever to see the sights. Take our time and just enjoy the ride. Stop where we feel like stopping and have no deadlines for anything.

Karen likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

14 hours from Chicago to Beijing. We went in 2003 to get our daughter. Climbed the Great Wall. It is soo big there are multiple tourist locations to visit it.

Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'd be indecisive.

I have always wanted to RV across the country. I'd stop to visit my family in various places, as they are spread out over a few states.

I also want to see more of Europe. I've only seen Stockholm and Paris so far.

Really, I'd be interested in just about anywhere . . . minus the places with huge creepy crawlies or lots of violence. I love exploring new places, even in my own town!

Karen likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Our dream vacation has always been Australia --> my dd and I are going in 2020 on a Girl Scout trip (823 days from now). It is a quick 2 week trip to NZ, Australia, and Hawaii. I am thinking of it as a highlight trip. I could imagine spending a month there exploring - and then since we are on that side of the world, we could go to China and Japan and spend another month.

Then while we are dreaming, a tour of Europe, especially Italy and Greece would be cool.

Karen likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

My two bucket list places are Greece and Australia. Perhaps someday....

Karen likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That sounds like a wonderful trip! I'm sure it was fabulous! 14 hours!! :crazy3

Karen and BevG like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I LOVE this idea!

11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

^^^^ this.

While I’ve travelled to the west coast of USA plus B.C and a bit of Australia there is soo many other places I’d love to travel to, just need $$$ and health/energy to do it.

michelepixels likes this.
  12. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I think all of you know me well enough to know the answer to that question (pokes tagline and siggie). ;)

Christina W, Karen and bellbird like this.
  13. londoncuppa

Spoke with my oldest DD yesterday, and she said when she moves back to the States from Japan in October, she will probably be moving to Michigan; likely somewhere near Lake Michigan. I’ll have to learn that state’s geography. Both of my daughters have moved so far away!!!

Sokee likes this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

oh yes please! japan for tokyo disney especially or any of the greek isles will do me thanks Karen! ;)

Karen likes this.
  15. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Can I do a Disney tour around the world? Like visit all the Disney parks around the world?

Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii have always been on my bucket list.

But let's be honest, anywhere would be awesome, especially with a guide and like-minded people. I wouldn't have to plan, just follow the lead and see great culture, nature, art, etc.

jk703, Christina W and Karen like this.
  16. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

I'd take a trip around the world, there's so much I want to see and experience.
    My kids would scream: 'where we can swim with dolphins' so I guess we'll start there
    * let's keep on dreaming *

Karen likes this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I live a mile from Lake Michigan! :) I love it here! (even with the terribly slow start to spring) :giggle

londoncuppa likes this.
  18. londoncuppa

If she ends up moving there, we’ll definitely have to meet up! I’m not sure when she’ll be back home, but I think her contract is up in October.

19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I have never been outside of the USA...... before a couple years ago I was never more than 600 miles away from the place of my birth. We have traveled to Colorado by car 2 times since my daughter Anna moved there. That has been my longest trip away from home. We live in Michigan @londoncuppa and I LOVE this state, there is so much to do with the Great Lakes that surround us.
    My dream trip, and if I could get it paid even better is to see Scandinavia that is where my ancestry is from.

20. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

I am with @cfile and @londoncuppa: definitely the British Isles. I used to live there (in Cardiff, Wales and then in York, England) when I was a little girl, and it's still the place in the whole world where I feel most at home, most "me."

Since money is no object, I would stay for at least half a year in a thatched stone cottage with a garden, and I'd hire a driving instructor to help me finally learn to drive on the left without endangering anyone! I would get a nice (automatic!) car and go for jaunts all around the country to visit museums and stately homes and gardens and churches. My cottage would have good rail connections to London, and I'd keep a little pied a terre in the City so that I could enjoy theatre weekends and concerts and lots of London walks.

Oh man, now I am really getting into this fantasy! I may have to log off and go buy a lottery ticket!