January 29 - Creativity with Alphas (Random)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by EHStudios, Jan 29, 2018.

1. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

January 29 - Creativity with Alphas (Random)

Ten days ago Liana challenged you to clip photos to your alphas to create a unique look for the titles on your page. Today we are going to continue playing with alphas and see what we come up with. This will be a challenge for me too since I tend to rely HEAVILY on wordart or journaling cards as titles for my layouts!

For this challenge you are going to need LOTS of alphas! Okay, not lots, but at least 5 different alphas is the goal! Stamped, sticker-ed, metal, puffy, felt, cork, even the January 19th technique of clipping a photo to an alpha would count as a “different” alpha. It doesn't matter as long as you have 5 distinctly different alphas for your page. (If you don’t have 5 different alphas already you can try using “styles” or similar effects in your program to make the alpha letters unique from each other.) There's a cool post on the blog about using styles to change up your alphas too. Just remember we aren't using fonts, just alphas. There are some awesome TLP ones in The Lilypad’s alphas section!!You also need to credit EACH alpha that you use when you post to the gallery.

All your alphas need to be “visibly attached” to your page, (painted/stamped alphas are already attached, no worries, but if in doubt ATTACH!!). That means you’re also going to need some fasteners! (Think staples, tape, button, clip, string, etc.) Make sure each letter is attached to your page so it won't "fall off", lol!

Here’s the page I created using alphas from "The Vault" by Tangie Baxter , "Dear Karma No2" by Little Butterfly Wings & Etc by Danyale , "Yarn Craft" by Kristin Aagard, "Mixed Media Monthly November 2017" by Dawn Inskip, & "Acetate Alpha" by Heather Joyce to create my title "Dog Day". I also used a paper from "All The Basics 3" by Little Butterfly Wings, Mask & Paint from "The Ultimate Splatter Graffiti Bundle" by Tangie Baxter, & "Sea Of Love Attachments" by Pink Reptile Designs.

[​IMG]

To repeat, my challenge is:
    1. A Fun Title. No Wordart or Journaling Cards. No fonts.
    2. 5 Different Alphas. More is okay, but NO LESS than 5!
    3. “Visibly Attach” the Alpha letters to your page with fasteners.
    4. Other things are more than welcome as long as YOUR TITLE is the main focus & that you are following the 75% Current Lilypad product requirement.
    5. CREDIT separately all the alphas you use when you post to the gallery so I know which alphas you included!

Have fun!! Make some cool titles! **If you need help coming up with a title for your page, https://www.scrapbook.com/titles.php & http://www.theperfecttitle.com seem to an archive of possibilities!

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges.

Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in YOUR page thread that you created in the MOC Layouts Folder for 2018. You should have one post per completed challenge layout. If you complete all 31 challenges then your thread should contain 31 posts. PLEASE do not comment in the other participants’ thread so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in THIS thread too!

Pages should contain at least 75% CURRENT Lilypad Product. (This means items currently for sale in the store from either permanent or guest designers.)

elitka, bbymks5, crazsquaw and 3 others like this.
  2. EHStudios

SAVING THIS SPOT FOR ANSWERS FOR QUESTIONS

Q: Can we include journaling on the page?
    A: Most definitely! The no fonts part is for the title work only. Journaling is more than welcome!

Q: Do they have to be different 'types' of alphas- so I could use all stickers- as long as they were all different colors?
    A: If they are all sticker alphas from different kits, i.e. a different shape, and not just recolors, that would count as different alphas. So, in short, not just recolors.

Q: If a kit has an alpha in different colors and we use 2 colors does that count as 1 or 2 alphas?
    A:If it's just a recolor, it'll count as 1 alpha, we want distinctly different alphas.

Some kits have multiple alphas that are completely different font styles & stuff, those would count as multiple alphas, but for purposes of this challenge if it's just a recolor, by the designer or you, then it would just count as one since I want to see more fun & creativity & mixing and matching alpha styles!

Q: Do we need to list the alphas here in the thread or just in the credits in the gallery?
    A: Just in the gallery is fine! In here is a bonus :-)

FUN TITLE does not have to mean HAPPY TITLE! The page is yours to create! Just attach everything and use at least 5 alphas & you're good with me!

Q: I didn't see this in the Q&A post above; does a number count as an alpha from an alpha set?

A: More than welcome to use them as 1 of the 5! Yes they count! :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Sokee likes this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Can we include journaling on the page?

4. EHStudios

Most definitely! The no fonts part is for the title work only. Journaling is more than welcome!

5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Do they have to be different 'types' of alphas- so I could use all stickers- as long as they were all different colors?

6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

What a cool challenge! Just want to check, if a kit has an alpha in different colours and we use say 2 colours does that count as 1 or 2 alphas? What about if there are 2 different alphas from the same kit?

7. EHStudios

If they are all sticker alphas from different kits, i.e. a different shape, and not just recolors, that would count as different alphas.

So, in short, not just recolors.

amien1 likes this.
  8. EHStudios

If it's just a recolor, no, we want distinctly different alphas. :)

9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I was talking in terms of several different alphas already done in say red, blue, green in the same style not recolored by me but totally understand

10. EHStudios

Some kits have multiple alphas that are completely different font styles & stuff, those would count as multiple alphas, but for purposes of this challenge if it's just a recolor, by the designer or you, then it would just count as one since I want to see more fun & creativity & mixing and matching alpha styles! :beat:beat

littlekiwi likes this.
  11. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

Good thing I’m sleeping on this one tonight. Fun title.....now to go to sleep and dream my page

bestcee and EHStudios like this.
  12. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Oooh this will be fun! Love your sample page @EHStudios !

13. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

hard work this one but fun, here is mine, a bit messy but...
    [​IMG]

14. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Good challenge! Your page is cute!!

EHStudios likes this.
  15. got2digiscrap

got2digiscrap Well-Known Member

Wonderful challenge. Thank you for the inspiration.
    [​IMG]
    kit: New Year by Kristin Aagard https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-newyear.html
    Alpha: "T" - New Year by Kristin Aagard (blue buttons on T also) https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-newyear.html
    "H" - Favorite Things by Bella Gypsy (staples on H also) https://the-lilypad.com/store/Favorite-Things-Digital-Scrapbook-Kit.html
    "E" - Handyman by Kristin Aagard (black buttons on E also) https://the-lilypad.com/store/Digital-Scrapbook-Kit-Handyman.html
    "V" - Slumber Party by Kristin Aagard (stitching on V also) https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-slumber-party.html
    "I" - Wedded Bless by Kristin Aagard (buttons on I also) https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-wedded-bliss.html
    "E" - White Christmas by Kristin Aagard (red buttons on E also) https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-white-christmas.html
    "W" - Yeehaw! by Kristin Aagard (silver brad buttons on W also)https://the-lilypad.com/store/digital-scrapbooking-kit-yeehaw.html

Journaling (Font-Quicksand Book): Every flight we take, I always take a picture of our landing and of our taking off for our travel books. We like to be able to look back and see the city. We normally fly in during the day so we can see the view change from day and night on our return.
    Link to Gallery: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/_moc2018_day29_creativitywithalphasrandom_the-view.335888/

16. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

I changed mine because I didn't like the one before, here it is again:

[​IMG]
    Credit links in the gallery
    Etc by Danyale Life in color Alpha
    Etc by Danyale Simple Life Alpha
    Just Jaimee Alpha pack-Feb 2017 Story teller
    Kristin Aagard Gymnast Alpha
    Kristin Aagard WonderFall Alpha
    Kristin Aagard Evening Glow

17. heathert

heathert Well-Known Member

Five different alphas for the title, all attached (F has a brad, e is a sticker, R has tape, N is inked, S has a staple).

[​IMG]

elitka, Karen, cfile and 3 others like this.
  18. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

That took a while to find all the alphas. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

19. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

This sounds like fun... do we need to list the alphas here in the thread or just in the credits in the gallery?

20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under