Album Covers

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, May 19, 2017.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I thought it might be fun to make a place where we can share our album covers.... I don't know about you, but I'm always in need of some inspiration when it comes to covers!

Each year I do 4 albums - one for each quarter. I usually make one cover that I can update (for dates) and use for each of the 4 albums. That way I can tell at a glance which albums are in sets. And also, that way I don't have to make 4 different covers each year. Covers are definitely NOT my strength!

So, here's what I came up with for this year's album covers.

FRONT:
    [​IMG]

BACK:
    [​IMG]

Show me what your covers look like!!

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh I LOVE these Rebecca! I currently have one and almost two albums worth of pages complete and the only thing stopping me from ordering them is that I haven't made the covers yet. :giggle

I usually do a fairly simple cover and then use just the matching paper for the back. I also usually don't use a picture on the cover because I never have any that show our whole family. Lol. Here are a few:

[​IMG]

Family Book #6 Front Cover small.jpg

Family Book #7 Front Cover small.jpg
    Family Book #8 Front Cover small.jpg

Family Book #11 Front Cover small.jpg

Scrapping with Liz and RebeccaH like this.
  3. FILIPPOK

FILIPPOK Member

I make very simple covers. Usually only year is written on the cover.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. destiney1

destiney1 Well-Known Member

covers are hard for me! i fussed over what to do, to a ridiculous degree :D i made one for my 2017 pl book but i might change it later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm going to love this thread! The cover is usually the last thing I do, and it's always an after thought. I'm going to be printing a few trip albums soon, so I'm going to need some inspiration!

RebeccaH likes this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

So I just printed some mini albums from Persnickety Prints. They just arrived yesterday. (I ordered them late Sunday night, so if that's not service, then I don't know what is!)

Anyway, I usually go simple, with just the year and maybe a WA. Like, my 2015 mini album says "2016" and below it is a WA that says "A Good Year." Black ink on white background. For these, I went a little more photo-oriented for 2 reasons:
    1. In 2016 we took some nice pics at my parents' house, so I knew I wanted to use one of the 4 of us as the cover. (The twenty sixteen WA is from Just Jaimee, btw.)
    2. I made a copy of the LEGOLand album for my mom, and I wanted the cover to show off info about our trip as well as a family shot. She's a huge picture-taker so I knew she'd appreciate a photo as the main part of the cover. (I know it isn't a week-by-week PL album, but I wanted to include it).

20170519_155431.jpg 20170519_155425.jpg
    And the backs (DS items on the bottom one from LBW):
    20170519_155448.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Scrapping with Liz and RebeccaH like this.
  7. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

This is a great idea! I have the hardest time with album covers so I love looking at the inspiration!

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Same here!! Loving all these covers!

9. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Love all these covers, I've printed single pages usually and put them in an album so no need for cover but I did make one book for 2013 and will also print books for 2016 and beyond. Covers are very hard for me so I went super simple, I will make them all like this (just change year and quote) I can't believe I have a typo on this super simple cover, oh well! Book is from Blurb:
    File May 20, 10 14 40 AM.jpg

10. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I have a typo on the spine of my only printed album too. It's missing the B from my name.
    Similarly stupid mistake as yours. :eyeroll So I feel you.

RebeccaH likes this.
  11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I don't do Project Life, but I do print a book of the pages that I did that year. I also went simple for the cover. The colours wrap around on the spine (which has the year) and around to the back cover. Here are a couple of them:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Ugh, it sucks when that happens. But seriously not worth paying so much again since it was my mistake for rushing. :(

berniek likes this.
  13. RebeccaH

Typos are so frustrating!!! In one of my Christmas albums, I made a big page that says "It's not Christmas withoutH the Grinch"... withouth?? My kids think it's the funniest thing ever!! And I'm too cheap to reprint to fix the typo... So, we'll just have to laugh at it forever! :)

Mrivas and HeatherB like this.
  14. RebeccaH

I found my 2015 album cover in the gallery, so figured I'd share that here...

front:
    [​IMG]

back:
    [​IMG]

15. RebeccaH

And a DYD cover that I made... although I've yet to actually find anyone that prints vertical books this size, so I've never printed... i'm afraid i'll have to buy a ring-bound album and print all my pages (maybe use my cover for an intro page??)

[​IMG]

16. RebeccaH

Ha! I got sucked into looking through old pictures and pages in my gallery... does that ever happen to you? It was so sweet looking at how tiny my giant kids used to be!! Anyway, found one more cover... but now I'm done. I have to get stuff done today! :giggle

[​IMG]

17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I don't make covers so I'm impressed with most anything you all do! A typo adds pizazz or some such thing...maybe that personal touch!

Mrivas likes this.
  18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

19. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I love seeing everyone's covers! I'm usually lazy and throw a photo on the front (usually only covering 2/3 of the cover) and a title on the spine. I really need to step it up!

I scrap 8.5x11 and haven't found anyone who prints it in portrait, either! I print my books with Blurb in their 8x10 size and just put a white border around the whole layout to fix the spacing. It fixes the size and the bleed issue at the same time. I know the white border isn't for everyone, though!

20. grantandlaurensmom

grantandlaurensmom Well-Known Member

I've done that before too. Drives me totally nuts! I do the covers and the spines so quickly ... so it's my fault too.
    I think it just makes the book more real life. what do you do. Can't spend all that $ to print again!
    I ADORE your PL album cover Maribel!!

Mrivas likes this.