Kit Suggestions Needed

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bbymks5, May 19, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm in desperate search of a kit that can be used with a black and white photo of an old barn with the top of a windmill peeking out from behind of it...the sky is kind of moody.

2. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

These two might work well, either individually or together!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bbymks5 likes this.
  3. bbymks5

Thank you!! I have Forecast (I couldn't get the papers to work for me, probably user error LOL), but I don't have Big Sky!

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

this one by Dawn has lots of great textures and woodgrain and the neutral colors would allow you to add in whatever pops of color you would like :

[​IMG]

this one has gorgeous pieces, black/white bits/papers, and then pretty pops of color

[​IMG]

if you want to go more woodsy/nature

[​IMG]

this is awesome with moody and B&W photos (i've scrapped such a photo - well moody/almost B&W photo- with the kit before and love the outcome! plus it is so versatile it would be useful for lots of future pages!)

[​IMG]

good luck!

bbymks5 likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

ps here's my page with Seize/Equinox mixed ... not a barn photo but almost B&W and rather moody ...

[​IMG]

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh boy....

This pic is color... but the combo products might lend to a barn. Brown, white, and earthy.
    [​IMG]

Another one uses a color photo, but I think the black and white products would work with a black and white photo:
    [​IMG]

Share the picture! :)

bbymks5 and keepscrappin like this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Great pages, ladies! And great kit choices, too!

bbymks5 likes this.
  8. bbymks5

@jenn mccabe I have and LOVE Farm Adventure!!! I have so added the other three to my Wish List!! I love your page and photograph!! I love thick wooded photos!! Something about them is so dreamy!!

@jk703 I love those!! For some reason, I couldn't get the more neutral colors to work...which is sad, but I love them so much!! I wonder if the photo was in sepia toned if I would have like it better?

Here is my completed page...I used a lot from Jars and Blooms which I already had, Big Sky, Yee Haw because I love chicken wire and Petticoat Rose.

[​IMG]

berniek, jenn mccabe, Cath_ and 4 others like this.
  9. jenn mccabe

It came out so good! love the woodgrain all weathered and that chicken wire together. And beautiful photo too! :)

bbymks5 likes this.
  10. bbymks5

Thank you!! I have a thing for woodgrain paper! I was a little worried it would look too girly with the floral papers LOL! I tried to make the barbed wire element from Yee Haw work in there somehow but it became to heavy/metaly if that makes sense.