FitBit Users

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Pallavi01, Jul 13, 2015.

1. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

If any of you would like to add me, I'm mburns3@hot.rr.com. I've been using a FitBit since 2014. I started off with a Flex and now use the Blaze. Love it!!

I sit all day (and night) at a computer, so I don't get in nearly as many steps as I'd like, so I'm always glad to have someone to challenge and motivate me in the exercise department. I don't hit that 10k steps nearly as often as I should.

@rchansen @cookingmylife @tkradtke @klee73010 @berniek @rdjrneace @bestcee @MandaKay and anyone else I may have accidentally left off. :D

bestcee and klee73010 like this.
  2. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I just ordered myself an upgrade. I have the simple Fitbit Flex (which isn't even available anymore, need I say more?) and I have been wanting a newer one that counted stairs and heart rate. I saw a post on Lena's Facebook this weekend. I googled the web for reviews. Today my friend and colleagues showed up with a Fitbit Alta HR. So I decided to just go with it. And I ordered myself a Fitbit Charge 2. I am so excited! I will get it tomorrow.
    I hooooope it will get me more active as well as just happy to have a new gadget. ;)
    Anyway, just wanted to share. I am already in this thread with my info, but I might want to start challenges too so if you didn't already add me as a friend, you can do so now! Or I might! ;)

bestcee likes this.
  3. londoncuppa

@berniek Whenever you're ready to join our weekday challenge, just let me know. I'll add you to the rematch list. We start fresh every Monday. Congrats on your new FitBit!

klee73010 likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah! You and me both!

My fitbit bit the dust, so I'm getting a new one this week - The Charge HR 2.

5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

i might be leaving fitbit for a samsung gear2 :backing
    partly because I now do more things than my fitbit will track, and two because hubby said he might be buying it. :giggle
    otherwise, I will have to wait until the new year and then decide on which one I want for myself.... we'll see!

6. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I've just bought a Fitbit Alta HR. I did a comparison of all other devices and thought something less obtrusive and smaller would be better. I just started a couple of days ago so all new to me. I'd love to join in challenges. My email is : amson(at)netspace(dot)net(dot)au. Please add me and I'll try and figure out what to do my end. :-)

bestcee likes this.
  7. londoncuppa

Carolyn - I sent you a friend's request. I'll try to add you to this week's challenge. If you start it late, it will still go back and count your steps from Monday.

Courtney @bestcee started this week's challenge, so it will run in her time zone. Lena @Lena Gardner completely rocked last week's challenge.

8. londoncuppa

@Amson It won't let me add you until you're a FitBit friend.

Amson and bestcee like this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What does the gear track? Just curious.

10. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Thanks Margaret. Now to work out where challenges would be. Do I need fitbit Premium @londoncuppa ??

11. londoncuppa

No, you don't. You just won't be able to see our challenge until someone in the challenge invites you. I just sent you the invitation. Let me know if you don't see it. @Amson

12. londoncuppa

#sadnessatnotseeingyouintheweeklychallengeifyouswitch

13. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

The website says cycling, running, and elliptical. My charge HR only does walking, running, or "aerobic exercise" which is what it uses for everything else. My husband's Surge could do up to 5 from his wrist, but more from the app, I think. But his band broke 2 or 3 times and he gave up on it. Mostly, I get the gear fit2 because he wanted one, and my charging thing is not working well. He thought I'd enjoy it because of the music and phone notifications capability, too. It should be here this week... I'll let you know!

I enjoy the challenges, usually. I will be a little sad. *tear*

14. londoncuppa

You can change these through the app. Go to "Exercise Shortcuts." Pick what you want and then sync your FitBit to update.

bestcee likes this.
  15. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Sorry I didn't join the challenge! I somehow didn't found it until it was too late.

I am super excited that my Charge 2 automatically counted my walk from Tuesday (because I felt good and I wanted to get to 10k, so I had a long walk after dinner) as exercise! Now I just need to go for a walk tomorrow to have two days of exercise this week! :D

londoncuppa and bestcee like this.
  16. londoncuppa

No worries. If you want to join the new challenge starting on Monday, just let me or Courtney @bestcee know, and we can add you. Congrats on your new FitBit!

17. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

What are your current FitBit recommendations? I'd love to get one for my BF & I. The last one I had was in 2013 I think & it was one that needed batteries & didn't recharge, & when I replaced them it didn't work. Then I gave up. So! What's the current pluses & minuses from you girls on what you like??

18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@EHStudios - Good question. I am hoping for a newer version for Christmas!

EHStudios likes this.
  19. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Everyone in my family has a FitBit Blaze. We LOVE them. We got them during a sale around Mother's Day when they were 25% off.

I have to charge mine every 5 days or so. I have tiny wrists, so the size took a bit getting used to, but now I don't even really notice it. I love it it tracks different levels of sleep and that I can see my steps, floors, etc. right on the FitBit.

londoncuppa likes this.
  20. londoncuppa

Between DH and myself, we've owned almost every model of FitBit, including the Surge. The Blaze is definitely the favorite of both of us. I recommend it without hesitation! I've purchased approximately 25 different bands (cheap) on Amazon, so you can dress it up with leather, gold, silver, etc. Love it! Good luck with your decision. Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong.

EHStudios likes this.