Digital Pin Exchange - APRIL Edition!

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Dalis, Mar 31, 2017.

What would you like our next PIN theme to be?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2017.
  1. APRIL

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. APRIL - MAY

20 vote(s)
    95.2%
  1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

A couple months ago Mommyish (Leah) released the Enamel Pin Builder and started a Pin Exchange.... which made a lot of us very happy and very addited to creating PINS! She also released an add-on with additional styles for your pins called Glittery Enamel Pin Styles. I will be the first one to say that I can't have enough of them! I can't WAIT to see all the pins from the exchange! AND.... I CAN'T wait to do this all over again this month! I sent Leah a private message to volunteer myself to run this challenge because I NEED to HAVE MORE PINS! This time we are going to follow a very loose theme.... drum roll please........ the theme is APRIL & MAY! So what ever is that you do, or scrap, or experience during the month of APRIL & MAY is a GO!

Just in case you have no clue about what product I am talking about that revolutionized our pin making skills, here it is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These is the preview of our loot for March! Aren't they amazing?
    [​IMG]

How do I even make a pin?!
    • Install the Enamel Pin Builder Styles & actions
    • Watch the video tutorials for your program - if you are still unsure - hit me up here and I will be happy to help you out. :) . @angiekey created the following step by step instructions for those that like written instructions better. HERE
    • Have an idea! If you aren't sure look up "enamel pin" on pinterest and you flooded with ideas.
    • Get creative. <3 Use shapes, your brush tool, text, etc!
    Remember, since this is an item that will be shared with others - if you use outside graphics they have to be CU ok.

Still unsure - watch this video!

Drawing from scratch? Watch this one!

How do I save my pin for other folks?!
    • You will want to create a new document that is 300ppi in RGB format with a transparent background.
    • Keep in mind that pins shouldn't be GIGANTIC - ideally you will want your pin to be smaller than 2 inches. (600 pixels)
    • When you save your pin be sure to save it as a .PNG file (this maintains the transparent background)
    • Save the file as username_tlp-xchange_pinname.png for example I'd save mine as mommyish_tlp-xchange_rainbow.png
    • UPLOAD HERE
    [​IMG]
    I can not wait to see what you guys come up with! Try to limit yourself to no more than 5 pins :D

Deadline is April 30th, 11:59pm EST

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Mylinn, BevG and Serena like this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh, I like the idea of having the pins for the current month - although that assumes we are scrapping current pictures. ha ha - more motivation to get caught up?

3. Dalis

Don't forget to vote!

Mylinn and BevG like this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

YES, this is how I was feeling too!

5. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

okay pin ladies!! when this first started I was up to my eyeballs in cheer books and I bought the builder and sort of tried to figure it out and it was a disaster. Very ugly attempt. Now that you are all experts, I need your guidance. Do I start with the action or the styles? What's the best video to watch? TIA!!

Dalis likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

@enjoyyourpix I watched both the CC version and the Elements version from Leah- I have CC, but the one intended for "designers" (the CC video) was a lot to take it in. Then Leah made the Elements video - and that was easier to understand. Then I went back and watched the video for CC users again. I personally prefer to use the styles (more control) and not the actions.

But I would start with the Elements video!

- also @angiekey gave more directions for people who were getting stuck and I see @Dalis made some more videos to help too... everything is in the March Digital Pin Exchange thread. Give it a try and maybe come back here to ask for help if something isn't making sense?

glad you can join in now! :)

Dalis and enjoyyourpix like this.
  7. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Thank you @jenn mccabe !!! I think I started with the CC one since that's what I have and I quickly got lost. I'm not a beginner so it was frustrating that there were all these awesome pins and mine were crud. (Plus I just didn't have the time then to experiment!!) I'll go back to March and look for Dalis and Angie's instructions too!! Thanks for the direction. It's overwhelming to come into something that is already established!!! <3

jenn mccabe and Dalis like this.
  8. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

Seeing as how I haven't been 'caught up' in too many years to count, I voted for working ahead a bit - because I still have photos from last May (and quite a few others) I haven't scrapped. ;) I also think it would be good to keep the current month as an option too. We are all making these for ourselves to use, but just sharing them with everyone else too.

Dalis likes this.
  9. Dalis

Melinda, Plus the way I am doing it you are not loosing because you could still do one for this month and next. ;)

mmbstaley likes this.
  10. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

I just read the whole March post and now I must do some pins this month!! You ladies rocked the pins from last month - and I am super excited about the Celtic pins to use on my Ireland pictures!!

angiekey and Dalis like this.
  11. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Is there a place to download/see what everyone made last month? Thinking about jumping on board because I am obsessed with the Project Mouse pins and need more!

12. Dalis

I am working on the preview from last month right now.

Mylinn and GlazeFamily3 like this.
  13. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I'm wandering a bit afield but hopefully not too far from the subject....I saw a blog post where a lady was using safety pins (cute crafty looking ones, not standard old stainless ones) and 2 jump rings to wear an ATC card like a brooch. Got me thinking, and I want to make myself some "pins" that I can wear similarly but i'm stuck...should it be tag like, or maybe like a sign that hangs outside a building (from an overhead bar) or 3 or more little pins from a swap like a charm brooch or....anyone got ideas?

AJK likes this.
  14. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I just uploaded my two!

[​IMG]

ikakn13, angiekey and Dalis like this.
  15. Dalis

I am clueless, but I love antique signs that hang outside. If the blog is a crafty one not selling anything maybe you can link it here and we can see what you are talking about.

16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Just bought them. Love Mommyish's work!

angiekey likes this.
  17. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Right now we are in the overlap of Basketball (march madness- GO zags! ;) ), Soccer, Baseball & Softball! So those are the pins I just made & uploaded!!

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Also I made a new fun siggy with the styles/action for my name as well as a few of the pins from last month! :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    NathalieS, angiekey, Mylinn and 2 others like this.
  18. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

I made some Easter Eggs for this month. mmbstaley_enamelpins-easteregg-prev.jpg

NathalieS, ikakn13, angiekey and 2 others like this.
  19. Dalis

OMG, so far you ladies are rocking my world!

How is everyone else doing with these? I haven't figure out what I want to make this month yet.

20. ikakn13

ikakn13 Member

I always forget to check back. Just saw the March bundle today (It's great!) and now thinking about what to make for the new April/May bundle. :) Hopefully I can get some made before the 30th!

Dalis likes this.