Stock Photos

Discussion in 'Project Mouse: FANniversary 2017' started by SwiftThinkin, Mar 17, 2017.

1. SwiftThinkin

SwiftThinkin Member

So you know how sometimes you forget to take a shot of something while at the parks... or you just want to prefill some parts of an album before heading to the parks... or you just want a 'Nice' version of the scene without extra people in the way?

Where do you find is the best place to find these sorts of stock photos? I like to do a Google image search, with size set to large (so that I can actually scrap the photos) but would love to know where else YOU find these!

2. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

We have an annual pass and with that comes PhotoPass. The Photopass comes with not only your photos, but a beautiful set of stock photos for each park. Even when we didn't have annual passes, we often purchased PhotoPass and I have always enjoyed the quality of the pictures we received.

berniek and Tree City like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I just do the Google image search like you do. It has always gotten me pictures I like.

sahlink likes this.
  4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Go to the Disney website and their Facebook pages. They always post photos on there. I just make sure to credit them!

bestcee and sahlink like this.
  5. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I go to Flickr and search the creative commons. I think it is listed as The Commons in the menu. You can search by park, attraction or character and each photo will have licensing info. Many of them just require crediting the photographer.

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@GlazeFamily3 I didn't know you got stock images with your PhotoPass! That makes me happy cuz we're gonna go to Magic Kingdom for a day in May. (I know, I know: not much time!) I'm gonna get the pass cuz I just don't want to miss any shots, so why not let someone else take the pics so I don't have to worry? :) Plus my parents are paying for our entrance tickets, so for me to get the pass doesn't seem like too big of a deal. :giggle

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  7. caspad

caspad New Member

I did the same thing that @ashleywb did - Flickr Creative Commons.
    It was nice to fill in some detail shots that I forgot to photograph - especially at the Magnolia Golf Course. I totally forgot to take photos of the Mickey Head bunkers and tee box markers!

Mylinn and ashleywb like this.
  8. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Yes, do that! We always purchase Memory Maker and it never disappoints. On top of all the shots you have taken by photopass photographers in the parks, it also includes ride photos on several rides. Also, if you have a large party of people going - everyone can tie their photopass cards to the same memory maker account. When you get home just download to a shared dropbox folder and everyone can share pics. It used to be cheaper to purchase memory maker in advance - rather than buying once you are in the park. You might want to check that. :)

Tree City likes this.
  9. SwiftThinkin

SwiftThinkin Member

Oh that's awesome!! I was hoping to do PhotoPass while we were there (they do have it at DisneyLand too, right?)

10. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I have a few different trips worth of Photopass photos from both parks. And they are always beautiful!

11. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

These are all such great ideas!! Thanks for sharing everyone!

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Yes! We used it last March and shared one day with friends who were there at the same time!

I look to Casey at Disneyland Daily for all of my info... here's her updated post about the PhotoPass at Disneyland... https://disneylanddaily.com/everyth...ass-and-why-you-should-have-it-for-your-trip/

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I didn't know this... wish I would have known about the stock photos. We bought a week photo pass when we went to Disneyland over Thanksgiving. I'll have to remember to download the stock photos too, next time we go.

14. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I only know WDW, but the PhotoPass does have some great perks.

In addition to the pics and stock photos mentioned...

Ride photos on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain, Dinosaur, Test Track, Frozen Ever After... a few like Mine Train and Tower of Terror even have videos.

You can get pics at chatacter dining.

We love doing the magic shots-- pictures where they add a little extra magic to the picture (like Tinkerbell in your hand) afterwards. Any photographer who is not using a tripod can do them!

There is also one photobooth in each park that works with photopass. In Magic Kingdom it is near the exit to Space Mountain in the arcade area.

So, you get a lot more than your traditional photos on a PhotoPass

SwiftThinkin likes this.
  15. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I never have a lack of photos. My husband and I came back with a combined 25,000 images from our October trip. Not including all the photopass. The stock with photopass are great.

There is a user on Facebook and flicker (search for WDW SHUTTERBUG). He gave me permission to use his images in pages.

Be careful doing google image searches. Make sure and ask the copyright holder for permission for shots taken by individuals.

Also, there are several disney photography groups on Flicker and Facebook and you can join and share pictures you've taken and ask for permission to use the other images posted if you see one you like. Some Flickr accounts allow downloading of large images for personal use.

Here's an image I am working on right now from the Frozen ride that we were absolutely blessed to get a fast pass for in October. These guys are so cute!
    lre-9F3B4502-copy-sm.jpg

16. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

I searched at Flickr Creative Commons for photo of the Magnolia Golf Course but found nothing. I then just did a search for Disney World (also Walt Disney World) and my results were 25 really strange images. Could you tell me what keyword(s) you used for your search. Thanks!

17. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

There's a thread at MouseScrappers about photos:
    http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13922

There's even a link to Mark's Blog with BEAUTIFUL photos. If I'm missing photos, I always check out MouseScrappers, just because they are all things about Disney and know everything!

18. SwiftThinkin

SwiftThinkin Member

Thanks everyone for the ideas! I just found another blog too http://www.disneyphotoblography.com/ where I think he gives permission to use them in his sidebar ("All images and video featured on Disney Photoblography are licensed under Creative Commons. You may reuse them for non-commercial purposes, but please:1. Link to this web site 2. Give credit to the photographer (Albert Lam)").
    I guess I'm not up with the lingo to know if that means I can print them... I'm thinking so. But I do have a question out to him as well just in case. Some of the photos here are amazingly beautiful!!