Which challenge?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by michelepixels, Jun 3, 2018.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

As I often do near the beginning of every month, I'm reading the challenges and pondering which one I want to do first. A one photo template -- well, I'm going to be altering another template! :) . . . Time? Hmmmm, I love making then and now layouts. . . . Scrapping around a circle is something I've almost never done, and sounds creatively awesome . . . Two page layout? Ha! I do those all the time :D . . . Journaling to include word art or other elements will be fun! . . . Capture what summer means to me . . .

I turn to the windows to my right and look outside . . .

It has been raining continuously since yesterday, and a lot of the last few weeks. It has gotten hot, but it doesn't feel like summer yet. I'm sure I can find some photos from previous summers though . . .

Ooh, and now I'm thinking this post could be the basis of a scrapbook page. :D

What's your routine and/or thought process as you start doing the challenges?

Psychozoe, bbymks5 and KarenB like this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Very similar to yours ... I go through them all and see which appeals to me most and which I think I can pair with some recent photos that need to be scrapped. Then I'll dive into older photos to fit the other challenges I want to do. I love the ones that stretch me creatively!

michelepixels likes this.
  3. michelepixels

So I decided to start with the scraplift layout because 1. I didn't do it last month and 2. I thought I'd make a page using my post above. But after scrolling through Lisa's gallery, I ended up doing something completely different, celebrating that I've finished knitting all the squares for my afghan.
    [​IMG]

p.s. It has not stopped raining since my first post above. Great day to hang out inside scrapping!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Mine is very similar to yours too, Michele. @michelepixels. I read through all of the challenges first, including the designer challenges and one of them usually pops out at me, so that's the one I start with.

I c/p any details that are pertinent to each challenge so I can refer to them when I start to do each challenge.

5. michelepixels

Me too! I used to write notes about each challenge in my desk calendar, but I have transitioned to a digital calendar finally. So now I'm using Notepad. I even check them off with the little green check box emoji. :D

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 12.39.28 PM.png

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I usually start with BYOC and then see which challenge will work for a creative team layout I have done or need to do.
    Have 5 done already this month - way ahead of the curve for me.

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is exactly me!
    I need to get back in to the challenges. It's been such a busy couple of months, I'm just looking for time to breathe.

michelepixels and jenn mccabe like this.
  8. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I also usually start with the BYOC challenge. Being on CTs makes that the easiest one. Then I play it by ear, slowly, and hopefully using CT layouts.

9. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I almost always start with the template challenge especially if I have to convert the pngs to make a page file for Artisan first. After that I just play it by ear saving the most difficult for last.

10. jenn mccabe

You are almost there Jan. When is your first day of freedom? :giggle

11. jenn mccabe

So what did you get done yesterday as far as the challenges go Michele @michelepixels ? (I haven't been in the gallery yet.) Hope your scrap Sunday was a good one!

12. michelepixels

First the scraplift, then the template -- which I actually barely altered after all -- and then, finally, the random. I almost wanted to do more, but I was tired so I stopped. :) It was a good day, thanks!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I make a list of all the challenges, then when I want to do a layout I glance through them and see if any fit - then use the challenge to inspire my page.

michelepixels and amien1 like this.
  14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I write them all down on a note paper on my desk. I like to 'kill two birds' when doing CT requirements & also get a challenge finished. It doesn't always work out- but I usually look at the supplies I need to use & then find a challenge that works for it. It never fails I'm down to one or two left in the last week that I just buck up & complete to get my coupon! :)

15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Last day of school and baseball is Friday, then my granddaughter's dance recital on Saturday. Then I collapse :faint2

jenn mccabe likes this.
  16. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Dealing with some issues at home, so my intent was to not do the challenges this month. But apparently my intent and reality are not the same, as I've already participated in Scrapping with Liz' MIS challenge, the BYOC, Journaling and Inspiration. And by tonight, I'll have two CT layouts for June done as well.

Like you, I do read thru the descriptions of the challenges and then pick one that speaks to me. I try not to think of what I'm going to do for the next challenge until I'm done with what I'm working on. But as soon as the layout is done, I'm on the lookout for the next one. I tend to hold off until the end for template challenges. And if I can incorporate a non-photo page in the mix, I'm happier for it. :-)

michelepixels and cinderella like this.
  17. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I look over the challenges then find ones that will help get photos scrapped that I want to get done. After that I just pick one and go with it. I always aim to get all the challenges done as I enjoy the learning process and well simply because I love to scrap.

18. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

My thought when I pull up the challenges is "EEEEEEEEEEEK! I don't have any photos!!" lol. Then I look at each and see what's "easiest" in the terms of "how many photos do I have to have, and do I have that many?" If a challenge LEAPS off the page for me and inspires me right away, I'll usually jump into that. Or if it's a template challenge then I can nail that one down. I have yet to actually finish all of them in a month though.

19. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I don't really have a rhyme or reason to how I do the challenges; but this months Inspiration challenge really caught my eye so I did that one first! I was able to scrap one of my favorite quotes and use a photo of my favorite clock in Flagstaff, even if it's not the best photo.

20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

^^^^
    this

Serena and michelepixels like this.