Time for a Quick Catch Up!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Chippi, May 17, 2018.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hi everyone!!

[​IMG]

I feel like I am emerging from under a rock, I have been away so long. I haven't even poked my head in here since March!
    So tell me...

What's Happening?!

Let me know 5 things that have been happening here at the Pad or for you in your life.

I need some gossip!

enjoyyourpix and bestcee like this.
  2. Chippi

I'll get it started:

1. I made more work for myself by swapping from my Teacher Assistant course to the Early Childhood one... A lot of catching up for me (swapped just in time) but it is definitely where I am supposed to be! I am doing class now instead of online, which is interesting, and I have just started work placement at a Family Day Care and the educator is just like me and we get along so well!!

2. Our two bunnies are getting along beautifully. Marshmallow has accepted that we have a new pal, Delilah, but they are still figuring out who is the true boss. I think Delilah just lets Marshmallow think he is boss.

3. Hubby has been offered permanent part time and a promotion to Senior Guard at his security company. He has only been there around 6 months, so it is absolutely brilliant!!

4. I missed iNSD. :cry I saw things happening on FB and emails. I just had to choose study and home over scrapping this time. I think it is the first event I have missed since I have been here!!

5. I cooked a whole chicken (4 times now!). I had never done that before this year, I have always been absolutely terrified of cooking a whole chicken. BUT a lady I follow who is all about getting back to basics with food, eating wholefoods, and just keeping things simple encouraged us all to cook a chicken once a week. So I did!
    I sent a picture of my cooked chicken to my mum and she said "Wow... I never thought I would see that. Not in a MILLION years!" I think she was a bit proud :)

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Hello Chippi, sorry you missed out on iNSD, but happy for your husband's promotion. I wish you all the success with your new studies. Well done on trying something new in the kitchen.

1. I won two prizes in iNSD
    2. I got a bit behind on project 52, so have skipped a few weeks. Maybe I'll catch them up later
    3. Heart of Scripture has started on the forum, I'm behind on that too, but never mind.
    4. I had an accident on my bike yesterday, and am recovering but sore.
    5. I cooked a Caribbean dish for the first time, and it was yummy.

bestcee likes this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@Chippi Nice to see you. Congratulations to your husband for his promotion and I hope your studies go well for you.

1. My husband is recuperating well after having another stent put in a main artery to his heart last week.

2. I am looking forward next month to handing over my role as Treasurer of the Craft Co-Op where my husband and I sell our crafts ... hopefully I will then have more time to be more active here and get more scrapping done. I have been Treasurer for three years now.

3. I was not very active over INSD as I was busy with other things.... two grandchildren for a sleep over which was lots of fun. I was very disappointed that I did not get to give Bart lots of kisses !

4. The weather has really cooled down here now.... had to dig out the winter woollies. ( It is officially winter in a couple of weeks here Down Under ).

5. Next weekend my husband and I are having a little holiday (3 nights) at a river/beachside town. I have even told Ken that I might join him when he does some fishing... just to be with him. I missed him so much last week when he was away in hospital.

AJK, bestcee, Karen and 1 other person like this.
  5. Chippi

Congrats! It is so fun winning prizes at the Lilypad. Hope you aren't sore for long!! What dish was it? I love trying new foods!

Oh, Anne-Marie, I hope he keeps improving and is quickly all better. Enjoy your little holiday. What is the craft co-op that you sell at? I would love to look into it! I hope you are content with your decision to hand over the Treasurer role, change can be tough!! I am hearing you on the cold weather too. We had 0.5°c the other night... brrr.

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

A rice and vegetable dish served with prawns in a pineapple and ginger sauce. I improvised using stuff in my fridge and larder with a selection of different recipes I found online. I'm going to write up my notes/recipe soon.

bestcee, Chippi and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome back Chippi! Sounds like you've been busy, but with lots of good things! :) I've been busy too... it always seems to get really crazy around here in April and May... it's the last push before school's out for summer and it seems like we have to do ALL the things in May. :giggle

1. My son was confirmed and had his first communion last week, so we had to clean the house extra well and hosted a party.

2. We took our boys to Chicago on Wednesday to see Hamilton (a super popular musical) and they loved it!

3. I took 3 super fun classes over the last few months... two with Tangie for digital art journaling and mixed media and then I also joined the Hearts of Scripture class recently with Jen of Grace in Color. I love that we are doing classes here at the Lilypad!

4. We just got our hardwood floors refinished for the first time since we've lived in our house (for over 15 years) and they look SO good. Of course that turned into me having to repaint the living room and hallway too, but I'm loving how nice everything looks!

5. Soccer is almost over for both my boys, so I might actually have two free minutes to scrap soon! :yahoo

bestcee, Chippi and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome back Chippi!!! I wish you lots of luck in the program and congrats to hubby! You guys deftly sound very busy!

1) I know how you feel (I missed most of iNSD too)- I literally just finished going back to school for another degree. It was so tiring and there were plenty of times I had to put everything else on the back burner to focus on my studies. I'm relieved to be done with school ... BUT ... now I have to focus on the certification exams.

2) My first born turns 18 on Monday! WHA?!? I can't even believe it to tell the truth. It is is just crazy talk to me.

3) My youngest just got her driver's license. And has Jr Prom tonight. So that is also a big deal for us. My life as I've known it - is changing! I'm on the edge of empty nesting! Yikes, the emotions are crazy.

4) This weekend we are visiting a college that she has her eye on. Fun ... except it sup'd to rain all weekend. We will make the best of it though!

5) I am excited for hiking season (and kayaking!). End of Spring - Summer is my favorite time to hike. Right now - the bears are a little too active around here. Waiting for them to settle down a bit!

Chippi and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Chippi! So glad to hear things are going well! I wondered where you disappeared to! Yay for DH, and yay for all your accomplishing - studies and a chicken! lol! I remember cooking my first turkey... I called my mom so many times. She was ready to throttle me. :giggle

@A-M So glad hubby is doing well! I would go fishing, and pry read a book, lol!

Let's see...
    1. Benson is doing well. We've gotten over the hurdles of his medical testing and the costs will haunt us for some time, but he is not throwing up in the middle of the night anymore. He seems to be feeling better. We have had a couple bumps in the road, but those are manageable. It's been stressful. Combination of meds and special diet have solved it for now. It's the process of trying new ingredients - like fresh strawberries as treats did not go well, but duck sticks or peanut butter has been a good thing. Nuts are next, living recklessly here! :giggle

2. My mojo is on the fritz. I'm in a slump, and my normal ways of boosting it have not gotten me any results. Right now, I am letting it take it's course and go with the flow of things. I just feel so un-creative and that bothers me too. I've been reading a lot. Trying to stay positive and ride it out!

3. I am so excited for this summer. I wish school was out, and it was already warm. We have had so much stinkin' rain, I'm done. Man, this area is going to be so green, lol! I'm a frizzy haired, grump who wants sunshine, and warm weather! I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed it! I have concerts coming up, BBQ's, birthday parties, state park visits and weekends at the shore planned! (On a side note, maybe this is related to the mojo mess!?)

4. Kids are hanging in there. I just wish school was over. Soccer is going well, and we have a little more than a month or so left. Colin did well at his tryouts so he's back on his team for next year - whew! Shayne is old enough that his team is adding players and didn't need to try out. I'm thankful they both can play and that there is only about a month of school left, the longest month, but it's better than 5 months more! :)

5. We are having a birthday party for my youngest, Colin, who is turning 10. A game truck is arriving, for 20-24 boys. Gah! :giggle We want to spruce up the back area and it's going slowly, but I think it will turn out great! a dirt section is now home to pavers and we are cutting stones to fit in the odd sections. It'll just be a seating area. But that means that I get to shop for a new patio dining set! Yay, lol!

Happy Friday, everyone!
    [​IMG]

Chippi, KatrinaHunt13 and jenn mccabe like this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

That is such a cute meme Jenn! @jk703 Totally my house! Hope summer, sun, and some downtime knock on your door!

KatrinaHunt13 and jk703 like this.
  11. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Yay!!! I missed your ears! LOL

1. Work is crazy and I just want it to stop! LOL

2. Filmed my first process video of a traditional scrpabook page and trying to edit and add voiceover. It's been interesting and I defintely need to get faster if I am going to do these!

3 Mojo is coming and going. I have been experimenting with watercolor markers and having fun with that.

4 Need to get out in the flowerbed and get it cleaned out. The weather hasn't cooperated when I have been off or had time to do it. It's a little shaggy to say the least.

5 we started reccycling at the house. We had done it before, but only with cans. Now, we are doing glass and plastic. It's kind of fun!

bestcee likes this.
  12. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

1. I missed iNSD, too. We always seem to be on vacation that weekend.
    2. I discovered that I can go on vacation and not scrap while I am there.
    3. We looked at 7 houses while we were on vacation. Didn't buy any of them since we really won't move until next year.
    4. While on vacation, I was able to finally meet up with a scrapping friend who has been living in my computer for the past several years. She's just as nice I thought she would be.
    5. I thought I should add something that is non-vacation related -- I managed to clean out closets, drawers, and under the bed and got those things ready to be donated. Just starting to get rid of stuff so we can move to Florida next year.

bestcee likes this.
  13. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Boo for missing insd!! But WOOT for everything else especially the bunn-bunns getting along!!

1. I've some how managed to keep my orchid and two Christmas cacti alive!
    2. I survived the second spring break my daughter had from the teachers walkout!
    3. I'm going green for shark week!
    4. I scored one of the Alice and Wonderland makeup bags that the 99 Cent Only Store had from earlier this year (AIW is one of my ALL time faves)!
    5. I kind of have a game plan for this summer; bowling on Monday, summer movie on Wednesday and Sam's Club on Friday for a treat...Tuesday and Thursday will be stay home and chill days!

bestcee likes this.
  14. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Welcome back!
    It's so funny you mention the chicken. I've been getting Amazon grocery delivery. They always have a good price on chicken. I've decided this is the easiest thing on earth. I cook up the chicken & take it for lunch with rice & veggies. I bought a bunch of different marinades yesterday for variety.

bestcee and Chippi like this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hey @Chippi

1. Wrapping up the school year with testing next week! Woohoo! That's not a woohoo for testing but for wrapping up the school year.
    2. Isaac is saying new words every day! It's a miracle. A year ago he couldn't hear a single sound.
    3. My 2 older girls just got home from Atlanta - playing for a music guild. 10 memorized pieces. They got superior plus ratings. #proudmom
    4. I'm directing our homeschool group next year...a little overwhelmed but excited about it.
    5. I'm keeping up with my weekly scrap pages & trying to finish our house album now that I have Abi and Isaac's albums done.

bestcee likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Glad to see you, @Chippi
    I've been a little out of the loop the past month or so and barely keeping my head above water, just because of real life crazy.

1. End of the school year madness. I'm up to my eyeballs in paperwork and the kiddos are nuts lol.
    2. I'm found out this past weekend that I'm going to be a grandma again in December!
    3. My son's baseball season is in full swing, so we are at the ball field at least 3 or 4 evenings a week.
    4. I have all 3 of my kiddos birthdays coming up...May 28, June 3, and June 21. Such a hectic time.
    5. I'm about a month behind on PL, but hoping I can do some catching up this weekend!!

bestcee likes this.
  17. Chippi

Gosh, Karen, you have been busy! Congratulations to your son!!

Eldest 18 and youngest driving... wowsers! Where does the time go?! I hope the rain holds off at least a little bit for you!! I'm not really a hiker, I like the idea of hiking, but the actual doing it is just not going to happen, lol!

I didn't even tell my mum that I was cooking it until it was done! I am glad Benson is doing well, the cost can be so frustrating but if that's what it takes, you just have to, don't you. My mojo is non-existent. I am a little bit glad though, it means that I'm not missing scrapping unbearably. Good luck with the party! Sounds like a blast!

Oh awesome, I would love to see the video! I guess you can speed it up during the editing process if you are going to do voiceover, that way you can push through the ordinary bits and get to the extraordinary. I wouldn't worry to much about being faster in real life though, you don't want to lose the love for it by pushing to hard.
    What kind of recycling? I have a cupboard full of jars from sauces and things that I use to store everything from chocolate chips to cornflour to leftovers.

That all sounds like a LOT of fun! Totally jealous! Good on you for decluttering! I am a work in progress, and I think I always will be. It's totally genetic!

Go Green Thumb!! I have a lot of trouble keeping plants alive, but my avocado is still alive, so I am happy with that. Sounds like you have a lot of fun in store this summer! I'll just be down here in Tasmania being cold, haha!!!

Nice!! I have always cooked chicken breast no issue. Thigh meat was always a bit iffy, but a whole chicken, NO WAY! I am loving the health benefits of cooking from scratch though. Feeling a lot better these days.

Oh man, Liz. Isaac's progress just touches my heart. You have given that boy such a brilliant opportunity to have the best life. You are an amazing human! Seriously admire your homeschooling too. You keep rocking!! :heartlub

CONGRATS Grandma!!! How wonderful!! Happy birthday to everyone too, lol!!

Karen, jk703 and jenn mccabe like this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Wahoo! You go girl! We love to cook whole chickens: pressure cooker or smoker around here.

I'm jealous! I was in the virtual wait for here and gave up after 120 minutes when all that was left was $500 single seats...

What's this?

I'm excited to see it!

I love their pretzels. Too much! Luckily, I only like them hot and fresh, and that only happens at open it seems.

Karen likes this.
  19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I missed you! I'm glad to see you around!

5 things...

1. I'm in the last semester of my "back to school" program...so I can start college this fall. I'm still trying to figure out why I thought school was a good idea...:confused:

2. Drama in my family. But my sister and I are talking again, so my heart is happy. :wub

3. I joined the gym today. Because of the pool benefits - it's starting to get hot here! :backing

4. I'm thinking my mojo must be hanging out with yours! It needs to come back. Like Jenn, none of my usual tricks are working. :throwpc

5. Life is just moving along. Munchkin is way too smart in math, and drives me crazy with his not as strong reading skills. We've come a long way the last year. I was going to send him to a charter school, but he didn't get in (lotteries, and his waitlist number is like 213!) so, homeschool again next year. That's not a bad thing, in case it sounds that way! Lol.

Chippi likes this.
  20. Chippi

I've missed you too Courtney! I don't think I've caught on about what you are doing for college, and is it class or online? I am really enjoying school, class now instead of online. It is tricky because there are a bunch of young ones, 16-18, so they are still in kid mode and some are REALLY frustrating, but I love being able to talk things through with the girls.
    I am so sorry for your and your sister's loss. How awful. It is so important to take the picture isn't it. I have been thinking lately how few photos I have been taking, and I want to make sure I get more. My husband isn't in the photo very often, but I got some beautiful ones of him and Bellamy last week. :heartlub:heartlub