May Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'May 2018 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Apr 30, 2018.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello wonderful people!!! Hope you are all doing well, enjoying your time and excited with the arrival of NSD!!! I'm delighted to be hosting the May Journling Challenge!!!
    It is already May!!!! time is passing so fast for me lately, , I'm trying as much as possible to keep a record of the main events, even if the photos aren't the best.
    Something I noticed is that, unlike most of my life (at least until my early 40s) when I was always in search of the adventure, different things, out of the box...now, counting already a few years, I see we have lots of ROUTINE in our lives, and I feel very comfortable with them!
    The main one is my medication, they have increased the amount I take so much, I had to empty a drawer just to keep the huge amount of boxes and bottles! I have been doing the medication thing since 2003, 15 years of regularly taking tablets and capsules!
    So, I'm sharing with you one of my most important routines.... your challenge this Month for the Journaling, I would like you to share with us a routine in your life.
    You can journal about a routine you like or one you dislike...
    It can be a routine you have been doing all your life or something you started recently, it can be every day or 3 times a week (or once a week, twice, and so on) it just have to be a repeat action that happens in your life.
    There are never ending subjects you can use for this journaling, it can be something you do for yourself alone, like going to the gym or walks to improve your health, a trip to the grocery store you do every week, taking the children to school or sports practice a number of times a week, something you do regularly at work; if you live far from family or friends, maybe you speak on the phone every Monday....routine, there is so much to write about!! We all have our routines with Scrapbooking a bit too, right?
    So this is what our challenge is for May Journaling: Scrap a Routine of yours!
    You need to have at least 5 lines of journaling,
    you can have more, but the minimum is 5 lines-
    If you journal in a different language, please could you translate in the page description with your credits? If you don't know enough English, you can translate HERE in Google Translate!
    (this doesn't apply if you journal in Spanish/Portuguese- or even Italian or French which I can understand)
    Here is my page:

ThisIsRoutine72.jpg

Recap:
    Scrap a page journaling about Routine of yours.
    Minimum 5 lines of journaling.
    Please Translate in the page description with your credits if you journal in a different language -
    (unless is Spanish, Portuguese or even Italian & French)

and, of course, don't forget the Monthly Challenges Rules:
    Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the May Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Can't wait to see your pages and read a bit more about you!!!!!
    Thanks so much for playing with us!

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Juliestcyr, pbrooks, Nemla and 9 others like this.
  2. Zeneva

Zeneva Active Member

Great journaling prompt! Thank you.

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Lol! I will have to write about not having any routines! I avoid them like, well...Oughta be interesting.

Cherylndesigns and MrsPeel like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Duplicate- glitch!

5. MrsPeel

LOL Amanda!!! I need to move the page to be visible, not sure you can read ot from here, but my journaling talks about how all my life I broke routines and was a;ways in search of the new, changing ...but now old age, bad health, the state of the world and my body falling apart? I welcome them with open arms ...!!!
    I think I am much older than you are, the age also has that, makes you wish for the known..even though there are routines I find enervating, most I'm happy with!!!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!
    @AJK

AJK likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Love your layout, Cynthia, even if it's about your pills. :( Not sure what I'll come up with.

AJK and MrsPeel like this.
  7. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Yep!! That's my life! Routine is a curse word in my vocabulary!!! Every day is a new adventure----but I will think of something! Like-----I get dressed every morning???????

AJK and MrsPeel like this.
  8. MrsPeel

look ... you both have a most definite routine.....
    YOU SCRAP
    YOU COME HERE to hang out....
    I may have worded the thing in a different manner....
    I know many people see the word as something not cool, but , believe you me, my dear girls....sometimes having a routine that makes your life something safe....can be the coolest thing in the world!!!!!!!
    Get dressed every day is one, you can journal about this if you want LOL but I KNOW you have other routines that are far more interesting that getting dressed LOL
    I don't know as well Amanda, but at least the coming to The Pad s a bit of a routine!!!!
    Try not to think of the word as something that is a chore....to me, scrap every day is the best thing!!!!! @AJK @NancyP

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

great challenge Cynthia. Here's one of my routines.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Oh I agree, routine can be something fun ie. a monthly girls night-it's fun but you plan it and do it regularly therefore it is part of your routine (at least for my group it is).

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. MrsPeel

most definitely (and great to see you around again Jaye!!!) @jaye

also, I just wrote to you girls... @AJK & @NancyP , as I just re read what I answer to you, I didn't intend to sound rude , I explained in the message :)

12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

HA! Yes, look at you-> you found a routine I didn’t think of!!!! I had them when I was teaching full time, but not now. I DO however, put clothes on first thing in the AM, and then read Scripture...so I guess I might have a routine after all. I guess I was thinking of a list of things and that really isn’t much of a list ! ha ha!

13. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

14. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

15. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Ok, my dearest friend: let me explain something (in a very loving way, cause I DO love you!!) I am not kidding about not having routines. Ok, yes I do have some; let me show you.
    MORNING ROUTINE
    wake up around 7 am
    make coffee, sit in my recliner, read my scriptures for the day and say my prayers.
    Wash up, brush hair and teeth, Get dressed.
    END OF ROUTINE.
    From this point on, it is anything goes. There is not one single thing that I do every day. Well, except trips to the bathroom and I am NOT scrapping that!!!! :rofl :lmao
    EVENING ROUTINE
    Make my cup of tea
    change into pjs
    read scripture
    say my prayers
    turn out the light
    SLEEP!!!!!
    Sure I scrap and sure I come to TLP, but not every day. And you asked for something I do every day. So----I will look at my morning routine and my evening routine and pick out something to scrap. Just cause I LOVE YA!!!!!!:love

Genniejoy and MrsPeel like this.
  16. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Thank you for a fun challenge Cynthia @MrsPeel This one was a timely reminder that exercise doesnt have to be exercise but a spiritual experience and walking along the beach is my little church hehe x
    If you click to go to the gallery you’ll see Ive updated this page with my journaled one :)
    [​IMG]

17. MrsPeel

LOve you too!!!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

...but I didn't LOL I didn't ask for something you do everyday.... this is what I said afte you girls posted by "I should havw used a different word" if you were British, you would laugh you head of for days whwn I tell you I'm a "bloody foreigner" :rofl

this is what I said
    anyway, LOVE you dearly!!!!
    lets get celebrating!!!

Bart is very keen on some kisses!!!
    [​IMG][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

pbrooks likes this.
  18. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

19. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

I have a few routines, like every Tuesday in the same gorcery story, Thursday too , Friday another one, coming home from work and turning on my computer and so on. But I decided to choose one I would never miss, never change and where I put my day around
    [​IMG]

easyeyes4you, MrsPeel and pbrooks like this.
  20. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!